Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2019, 04:08 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
It's a Venezuelan restaurant called Bocas Grill. There are several around the metro area, but I've never been in one so I have no personal info to pass on about it.

As it so happens, I'm currently enjoying a couple of North Coast Old Rasputin imperial stouts at The Mighty, just down the block from Ponte Vecchio. Although I walked here as I usually do with the restaurants and bars in the area (or hop a ride on the Coral Way trolley), I took the opportunity just now to step outside and check the parking regs for you. Unfortunately, you have to pay to park from 7:00am - 2:00am, 7 days a week.
They sell in draft?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2019, 04:22 PM

7,410 posts, read 6,553,115 times
God bless you youngsters....more than 1 craft beer and good chance I’m a Zombie the next day...love the flavor/heartiness, but I have to limit my consumption.

Old 02-27-2019, 05:08 PM

3,198 posts, read 2,659,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
God bless you youngsters....more than 1 craft beer and good chance I’m a Zombie the next day...love the flavor/heartiness, but I have to limit my consumption.
153% growth in one year is phenomenal, really cool to see. Also, no such thing as limiting local craft brews consumption . What are your favourite Miami local beers?

Old 02-27-2019, 06:19 PM

I love J Wakefield's Hop for Teacher; Concrete Brewery Stiltsville Pilsner; and Veza Sur IPA.

Not just craft beer--I was a big Cuban cigar aficionado but my tolerance and/or reaction to them now has a 50/50 chance of keeping me up the entire night at the expense of sleep the night I smoke a cigar.....getting older sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djesus007 View Post
153% growth in one year is phenomenal, really cool to see. Also, no such thing as limiting local craft brews consumption . What are your favourite Miami local beers?

Last edited by elchevere; 02-27-2019 at 06:33 PM..

Old 02-27-2019, 07:53 PM

11,177 posts, read 16,018,972 times
Quote:
As it so happens, I'm currently enjoying a couple of North Coast Old Rasputin imperial stouts at The Mighty, just down the block from Ponte Vecchio.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
They sell in draft?
Absolutely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
I love J Wakefield's Hop for Teacher; Concrete Brewery Stiltsville Pilsner; and Veza Sur IPA.
My favorite local brew is Biscayne Bay's La Colada porter. It's a mix of Cuban coffee, chocolate, and roasted malts. I'm usually a stout drinker, but this porter is absolutely fantastic.

Old 02-27-2019, 09:12 PM

3,198 posts, read 2,659,481 times
Quote:
Absolutely!

My favorite local brew is Biscayne Bay's La Colada porter. It's a mix of Cuban coffee, chocolate, and roasted malts. I'm usually a stout drinker, but this porter is absolutely fantastic.
That sounds amazing, definitely gonna give it a try next time I'm down. I'm looking at the reviews and it says 3.9/5 but then again people don't usually like coffee in their beer. Also, 7.5% ABV which is what I like (and more). What else do you recommend from Biscayne Bay Brewing?

Old 02-27-2019, 11:27 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times
Quote:
That sounds amazing, definitely gonna give it a try next time I'm down. I'm looking at the reviews and it says 3.9/5 but then again people don't usually like coffee in their beer. Also, 7.5% ABV which is what I like (and more). What else do you recommend from Biscayne Bay Brewing?
I like everything except the IPA, but I do not like IPAs at all. Biscayne Bay is pretty good all around, rich flavor, like a real beer. Their beers are on point, so if you do not like a certain style, like a porter, then you will not like it from them either.

Old 02-28-2019, 09:11 AM

11,177 posts, read 16,018,972 times
Quote:
I haven't had any of their other offerings. I happened to be having lunch earlier this month at Ella's Oyster Bar in Little Havana and their Beer of the Month offering for February was the La Colada so I decided to try it. I may have to go back again today before they remove it!

By the way, Ella's is good in their own right.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/ellas-oyste...q=oyster+house

https://www.ellasoysterbar.com/

Old 02-28-2019, 04:54 PM

Yes, Ella’s is very good... I need to try the new Michelle Bernstein spot, Cafe La Trova

First Friday’s at Design District tomorrow...Celia Cruz All Stars playing in outdoor court near Estefan’s.

Old 03-01-2019, 06:42 AM

MMOB:

Seeing that you are from Bethesda, have you checked out D.C. based Sette Osteria in Wynwood yet?...are there last night—very good Italian (bucatini amitriciana)...nice rooftop bar as well called Astra.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami