Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2019, 04:16 PM

3,198 posts, read 2,659,481 times

Advertisements

Late bump, but I was back in Miami for a few days to go to III points (just for the 15th), nice to see the festival slowly growing, averaging 30k over three days. But of course, I also went to BCC since it's close to my apartment in Brickell. Compared to when it first opened, it is obvious more shops, stores and restaurants opened. Pedestrian traffic wise was dead for a Friday and also Saturday which surprised me.

Restaurants I ate at while there

1. Tacology: Subpar and expensive. Two small tacos for $7 is insane. 2.5/5
2. Stanzione 87: Pretty damn good pizza, of course, a little pricy due to the location but still very good. 3.9/5.
3. La Centrale food hall: This place had a lot of hype from everyone and I was finally happy to try some of the restaurants and cafes. I tried Pesce (it was not bad, pretty good) Carne (really good) and I went to one of the cafes. With that said, service was absolutely slow and the staff was rude. Overall 4/5

I'm happy Miami is finally starting to have more Italian restaurants and food halls, but it's still subpar to many cities and for the price, it's a ripoff. Obviously, BCC is a high-end mall so everything will be jacked up, but from $4.25 empanadas to $7 for two small tacos that I can get for $1 elsewhere is disappointing.
When it comes to atmosphere and pedestrian traffic, it was still pretty quiet but not like when it first opened. It can still feel like a ghost town sometimes, but it's still new. Bottom line: it has improved a lot regardless of the criticisms, but I hope BCC also grows naturally and not forced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2019, 05:52 PM

7,410 posts, read 6,553,115 times
Stanzione is very good pizza (owner from Venezuela).

I prefer Casa Tua Cucina to La Centrale (which I like) at BCC....and Il Gabbiano in downtown to both.

I had my best bowl of pasta in Miami at Bugatti in the Gables last week. Look forward to returning. Need to try Fiola in the Gables and D.C. based Sette Osteria in Wynwood.

Skip Mexican—especially gringo-ized tacos and enchiladas—in Miami altogether. Tacology owned by Cantina la Veinte—very expensive and ok, nada de particular.

BCC is high end—not volume oriented Walmart or Target—and needs to be measured by dollar sales, not foot traffic—like more established big brother Bal Harbour Shops.

Last edited by elchevere; 02-20-2019 at 06:03 PM..

Old 02-20-2019, 06:44 PM

11,177 posts, read 16,018,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
I had my best bowl of pasta in Miami at Bugatti in the Gables last week. Look forward to returning. Need to try Fiola in the Gables and D.C. based Sette Osteria in Wynwood.
Give Ponte Vecchio a try. It's on Coral Way @ 22nd Ave.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/ponte-vecch...q=ponte+vechio

Quote:
Skip Mexican—especially gringo-ized tacos and enchiladas—in Miami altogether.
I wouldn't go that far. Have you tried Taquiza on the beach? They've had a SoBe location for awhile, but I just walk over to the Ocean Terrace location on North Beach.

Quote:
BCC is high end—not volume oriented Walmart or Target—and needs to be measured by dollar sales, not foot traffic—like more established big brother Bal Harbour Shops.
Exactly.

Old 02-20-2019, 07:13 PM

Yeah, tried Taquiza...like their blue chips but the tacos are small and overpriced...keep in mind I moved here from SoCal and Mexican food is one of the very few things I miss from there.

I did have an enjoyable meal at Eduardo de San Angel in FtL—high end Mexican and good.

I keep on passing Ponte Vecchio and need to give it a shot (nearby, I like Xixon for Spanish and I’ve been told I need to check out Old Lisbon for Portuguese).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
Give Ponte Vecchio a try. It's on Coral Way @ 22nd Ave.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/ponte-vecch...q=ponte+vechio

I wouldn't go that far. Have you tried Taquiza on the beach? They've had a SoBe location for awhile, but I just walk over to the Ocean Terrace location on North Beach.

Exactly.

Old 02-20-2019, 09:23 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,828,936 times
Quote:
Yeah, tried Taquiza...like their blue chips but the tacos are small and overpriced...keep in mind I moved here from SoCal and Mexican food is one of the very few things I miss from there.

I did have an enjoyable meal at Eduardo de San Angel in FtL—high end Mexican and good.

I keep on passing Ponte Vecchio and need to give it a shot (nearby, I like Xixon for Spanish and I’ve been told I need to check out Old Lisbon for Portuguese).
I am glad you found Eduardo de San Angel.

Old 02-21-2019, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Yes, I like both Xixon and Old Lisbon very much. We have a nice string of restaurants on Coral Way, including the recently opened Phil's Café Bistro, which is owned and operated by the former Executive Chef for Palme d'Or in the Biltmore Hotel. Phil's CAFE BISTRO – CASUAL EUROPEAN DINING

And soon The Roads is going to be getting the relocated Perricone's.

Old 02-21-2019, 06:17 AM

Good to know...yeah, I’ve passed Phil’s as well...there is a resto on the street level of a white mid rise (on the Grove, not downtown side, of Coral Way or my left if I’m driving from Brickell ) that I need to check out as well—might be called Boca.

BTW—do you pay to street park after 9PM or on a weekend in Coral Way (or do you walk) ...is there parking enforcement at those times??

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
Yes, I like both Xixon and Old Lisbon very much. We have a nice string of restaurants on Coral Way, including the recently opened Phil's Caf̩ Bistro, which is owned and operated by the former Executive Chef for Palme d'Or in the Biltmore Hotel. Phil's CAFE BISTRO РCASUAL EUROPEAN DINING

And soon The Roads is going to be getting the relocated Perricone's.

Last edited by elchevere; 02-21-2019 at 07:17 AM..

Old 02-21-2019, 09:04 AM

also, Lucali's (of Brooklyn fame) 2nd Miami area location will be coming soon to Brickell (on the back side of the 1010 Brickell condo--right by the Metromover).

Ate at their Sunset Harbour location a few years ago--was not that impressed and I am from NY originally but never paid $25, or close to that, for a plain cheese NY style pizza....will give them a second shot when this new location opens as it is only a 1 minute walk from where I live.

Old 02-21-2019, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Good to know...yeah, I’ve passed Phil’s as well...there is a resto on the street level of a white mid rise (on the Grove, not downtown side, of Coral Way or my left if I’m driving from Brickell ) that I need to check out as well—might be called Boca.
It's a Venezuelan restaurant called Bocas Grill. There are several around the metro area, but I've never been in one so I have no personal info to pass on about it.

Quote:
BTW—do you pay to street park after 9PM or on a weekend in Coral Way (or do you walk) ...is there parking enforcement at those times??
As it so happens, I'm currently enjoying a couple of North Coast Old Rasputin imperial stouts at The Mighty, just down the block from Ponte Vecchio. Although I walked here as I usually do with the restaurants and bars in the area (or hop a ride on the Coral Way trolley), I took the opportunity just now to step outside and check the parking regs for you. Unfortunately, you have to pay to park from 7:00am - 2:00am, 7 days a week.

Old 02-27-2019, 01:43 PM

Brickell City Centre stats...retail sales up 153% in 2018.

https://www.thenextmiami.com/brickel...18-swire-says/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami