Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2018, 08:59 PM

142 posts, read 131,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
May to September = High humidity feel like 101, very hot, daily morning or afternoon 30 minutes to 70 minutes showers, thunder at night
? Thanks ? I was here in July, August, and September 2107. Not really concerned with this at all? lol

Man there are some strange posts on this board ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2018, 09:00 PM

142 posts, read 131,833 times
Quote:
How South Beach, Wynwood, Brickell
Also Strange ...

I live in North Beach, btw.

Old 01-27-2018, 02:27 AM

874 posts, read 899,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestBlondie View Post
? Thanks ? I was here in July, August, and September 2107. Not really concerned with this at all? lol

Man there are some strange posts on this board ...
Seriously.

Old 01-27-2018, 08:30 PM

14 posts, read 14,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestBlondie View Post
Welp, I made it 6 months.

I haven't encountered any of the financial horror stories I encountered prior to moving here lol. Especially from a poster from my hometown (mid-sized city in the Midwest).

Immediately upon moving here I got a 6% raise simply due to shedding my old state's taxes. Sure, there are road tolls, but I rarely spend more than $30/month on this. My utilities are $25/month compared to the $125 I used to pay for electric in my old town in the dead of winter. I don't even have the heat or cooling on ever. Just sits at a nice 73ish.

Sales tax in Dade is less than my old city. The grocery tax is non-existent - 9.5% back home.

Basically I'm rich here. Yes my rent is 3x the amount as my hometown, but I accounted for that in my salary adjustment.

Money aside, I love it here. The hurricane was a fun "Welcome!" lol, but other than that it's been quite great. I haven't yet made many friends, but I'm also a pretty big homebody. I did hit up Duffy's for football Sunday each week and met a few nice people there.

All in all, I think I made the right move! I haven't even really ventured out too much to see all the neat things the city has to offer yet. Once I make some friends I do hope to do that.
Thanks for the positive post. I've been to Miami numerous times and I seriously don't understand the constant bitching. The main ones are: the traffic, the cost of living, rude people, and the multiculturalism.

And I'm always over here thinking......that's...how...life...is...living... .in....a big city.
That's city living. Don't like city living? Then don't live in Miami.

I personally love Miami and would live there if I had the money to match the COL. But after I graduate med school, that won't be a problem!

Thanks again Blondie.

Old 01-27-2018, 09:48 PM

874 posts, read 899,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMata2010 View Post
Thanks for the positive post. I've been to Miami numerous times and I seriously don't understand the constant bitching. The main ones are: the traffic, the cost of living, rude people, and the multiculturalism.

And I'm always over here thinking......that's...how...life...is...living... .in....a big city.
That's city living. Don't like city living? Then don't live in Miami.

I personally love Miami and would live there if I had the money to match the COL. But after I graduate med school, that won't be a problem!

Thanks again Blondie.
I think most of the people are B*tching because Miami has transformed from a small city to a big city in very few years, and without the needed investments in city planning to make it easier on all concerned.

But really... if you don't like it here, move!

Old 01-28-2018, 10:00 PM

44 posts, read 59,766 times
Happy to see this postive post. My husband and I are moving to Broward from NY next month and we cannot wait!!! So done with NY!!!
Wish we could live closer to the beach, but our office is in Doral and we don't want to deal with a horrible commute after dealing with 2+ hours one way in NY. We will be renting in West Miramar and want to buy sooner than later. Still waiting for approval from the HOA, which is nuts!!!

Old 01-30-2018, 04:18 PM

2,128 posts, read 2,353,140 times
Quote:
May to September = High humidity feel like 101, very hot, daily morning or afternoon 30 minutes to 70 minutes showers, thunder at night
She lives on the beach, much less storms and not the bad ones like they get out in Doral constantly.

So many times my wife would be on the beach in Sobe and I'd be losing power in Doral from a lighting storm.

The Bay keeps the storms away lol

Old 01-30-2018, 06:23 PM

11 posts, read 12,669 times
Quote:
I don't understand people that post stuff like this trying to rain on someone's parade.

If you live in Miami, or move to Miami expect it to be hot and humid.

There is a reason people continue to move down here from northern states, they will happily trade the winter blues for hot and humid days.

I've spent the last eight years living in Michigan and am moving back to South Florida next week.

Bring on those hot humid days; I know once December comes around I won't be shoveling snow and living under gray skies for weeks at a time.

I'm glad you're enjoying your time down here MidwestBlondie, you seem to have the right attitude.

Old 01-30-2018, 06:46 PM

7,407 posts, read 6,534,932 times
Depends where you live..if near the water the heat/humidity is not oppressive--at least to me--as some claim. I also have received far fewer mosquito bites (knock on wood)--less than a dozen in over 13 months of having lived in Miami/Brickell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTW2FLL View Post
I don't understand people that post stuff like this trying to rain on someone's parade.

If you live in Miami, or move to Miami expect it to be hot and humid.

There is a reason people continue to move down here from northern states, they will happily trade the winter blues for hot and humid days.

I've spent the last eight years living in Michigan and am moving back to South Florida next week.

Bring on those hot humid days; I know once December comes around I won't be shoveling snow and living under gray skies for weeks at a time.

I'm glad you're enjoying your time down here MidwestBlondie, you seem to have the right attitude.

Old 01-31-2018, 07:55 PM

2,128 posts, read 2,353,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanny200 View Post
Still waiting for approval from the HOA, which is nuts!!!
Yeah, I always tell my clients to plan for 2-3 weeks for HOA approval, even on Single Family home gated communities. They are just in no rush!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami