Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2018, 07:55 AM

3,939 posts, read 6,686,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
May to September = High humidity feel like 101, very hot, daily morning or afternoon 30 minutes to 70 minutes showers, thunder at night
OP, we were in Miami a couple of summers ago in late June early July and while it was hot, the worst part of the humidity (for me) was the stickiness. I grew up with humidity, but have lived in the southwest for nearly 20 years and am accustomed to a hotter, more arid, climate. However, from a heat perspective it was fine. I definitely appreciated the rain! I think you landed in Miami at a good time with all the building taking place and the economy doing well. Enjoy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2018, 04:54 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,788,882 times
There is Gold Bond for those who are bothered by humidity.

Old 02-03-2018, 06:53 PM

7,379 posts, read 6,448,721 times
I grew up with humidity in NY, so I am used to it and it's no big deal...you sweat more, which is what deodorant is for. When I lived on the West Coast and others mentioned humidity, they acted as though it was like The Forbidden Zone from the original Planet of the Apes movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruski View Post
There is Gold Bond for those who are bothered by humidity.

Old 02-04-2018, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
I grew up with humidity in NY, so I am used to it and it's no big deal...you sweat more, which is what deodorant is for. When I lived on the West Coast and others mentioned humidity, they acted as though it was like The Forbidden Zone from the original Planet of the Apes movie.
Talk about humidity on the subway in the middle of July

Old 02-04-2018, 09:30 AM

7,379 posts, read 6,448,721 times
That's what taxis (or Uber) are for during the summer--cost more but worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruski View Post
Talk about humidity on the subway in the middle of July

Old 02-04-2018, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
That's what taxis (or Uber) are for during the summer--cost more but worth it.
Just look for a taxi with closed windows

And some cabbies are kind of smelly.

Old 03-16-2018, 10:45 PM

142 posts, read 130,940 times
Lol it's been a while since I've been on here. Jeez ... this post turned into a giant humidity warning.

To everyone: I leave my air conditioned office 3 times a day to sit in my black leather seated car with no air on and the windows up. I do this on purpose. I love being as warm as friggin possible. I also like to sweat. I thought about all this before I moved down here lol ... not sure what the point of the "warning" posts are. People are so strange. I like it here. That was the point of my post. It's not going to change come June.

I came here last July. I experienced summer here. I loved it. I actually miss it ... I find it way too cold here right now. It was 70 degrees yesterday and I was wearing a fleece jacket to work.

Also, I live on the beach, so it's very breezy here and actually hardly ever "hot".

Old 03-21-2018, 11:34 AM

13 posts, read 8,345 times
How much do you spend on food each month excluding resturants?

Old 03-23-2018, 10:53 AM

142 posts, read 130,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InternationalEU View Post
How much do you spend on food each month excluding resturants?
I grocery shop about once a week and spend anywhere from $50-$70. So, roughly $250/month on food excluding restaurants.

Old 03-24-2018, 05:39 PM

4 posts, read 3,797 times
MidwestBlondie, I'm so glad that I found this post. I'm from Chicago planning to move to the Miami area in June. I visit Miami last year and love it. It's good to see that you had and have a positive experience so far. I see a lot of post complaining about traffic, the weather and "you better have $20k before you move here with no job" type of comments. I do plan to have a job when I get there. I'm single, no kids, and trying to start over in a new place.

How did you find your apartment? Are you close to Wholefoods/Trade Joes or Publix?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami