Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2019, 05:23 PM

38 posts, read 33,198 times

Advertisements

Could David Beckham reverse course again and revive plans for a soccer stadium in Overtown? It's now officially 1 of 3 sites in play for the soccer stadium. This would be great for the downtown area in terms of new development, growth, and urban density. New professional stadiums usually have a positive impact on the surrounding area and Overtown could definitely benefit from a revival.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/loc...230646014.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2019, 07:36 PM

2,128 posts, read 2,356,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay9p1 View Post
New professional stadiums usually have a positive impact on the surrounding area and Overtown could definitely benefit from a revival.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/loc...230646014.html
do you have data on this? Rays stadium, Bucs stadium in tampa, dolphins stadium, marlins park, etc. pretty much all look the same 10+ years later.

Old 05-22-2019, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Middleton View Post
do you have data on this? Rays stadium, Bucs stadium in tampa, dolphins stadium, marlins park, etc. pretty much all look the same 10+ years later.
I'm talking in terms of building a stadium in the downtown area as opposed to the suburbs. More and more people are embracing downtown living, as we're starting to see more of a shift to urban living, especially with younger generations who like the idea "live, work, play" in urban dense environments that don't require driving. Many of these people chose to live in downtown because there is a direct correlation with plenty of entertainment options, and sporting events fit that bill. Living within walking distance to a stadium/arena has a "cool factor" as we're starting to see across the United States in many downtown areas. Once a new stadium/arena goes, residential and commercial development soon follow in the surrounding area. These new residential developments usually sell at a premium (especially if they have a view and can see the venue from their balcony) because they are so close to XYZ stadium/arena....I wish they would have built Marlins Park in downtown, I think they missed a golden opportunity to capitalize on a growing downtown market.

Old 05-24-2019, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay9p1 View Post
they are so close to XYZ stadium/arena....I wish they would have built Marlins Park in downtown, I think they missed a golden opportunity to capitalize on a growing downtown market.
Because downtown Miami didn't want it. Most stadiums are built in crappy parts of town because of cheap rents. AAA center is an obvious exception to that. The stadiums I mentioned are all in parts of town most don't want to live in. We subsidize billionaires so they can bring their teams here and reap tax benefits.

Miami didn't give Beckham what he wanted so he looked elsewhere..good for them, after what Loria did with Marlins Park, glad they smartened up (for now).

Even Jaguars stadium is 'near' downtown but still not 'near' where people are buying up homes/condos.

I'm well aware of the young people living in downtown, that's prevalent everywhere. (I'm also in Real Estate and help said millenials rent/buy condos on a monthly basis in the downtown/brickell area)

Old 05-27-2019, 08:57 AM

10,951 posts, read 3,694,174 times
No Melreese deal, but Beckham buying Overtown stadium site

https://tinyurl.com/y6ljt2sx

Old 05-27-2019, 08:59 AM

Becks needs to get the Hell out of Miami.

He's not goinn anywhere here, all these years WASTED.

MLS should tell him to drop S Fl from the Radar .

Old 05-28-2019, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huasho View Post
No Melreese deal, but Beckham buying Overtown stadium site

https://tinyurl.com/y6ljt2sx
yeah, 'opportunity zone' - provides great tax breaks for him and his group.

Old 06-04-2019, 03:53 PM

You just don't like soccer, period .. I Love it, but time for Becks to get the Hell out of S Fla, here after all these years and goinn nowhere ???

LORIA Burnt all the Brigdes and or BOUGHT all he Politicians, and Now they want 3 times as much !!!

Time for better prospect cities !!!!

Old 06-05-2019, 01:58 PM

BECKHAM GROUP REVEALS NEW PARK RENDERINGS, SUBMITS LEASE TO CITY....

https://www.thenextmiami.com/beckham...lease-to-city/

Old 06-06-2019, 08:21 AM

All the GOOD LUCK in the World !!!!

The Number One Sport in The World Deserves a Home ANYWHERE in this Country, Let's see If Miami, Not Broward, Not Palm Beach FINALLY Get it.

They (Politicians on the Take) ran out of here The FUSION, and they eventually folded in Measly Commercial Blvd.

Crossing my FINGERS, with little HOPE !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami