Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 11:03 AM

2 posts, read 1,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Neither. But most important. NO CHINA PRODUCTS !!!!!!!

First let me say I been playing cabinets for more then 30 years. I design, build, market and install and been doing so for most of my life. That being said so briefly, let me say that almost every major manufacturer in America has experimented with Chinese particle board as well as MDF for the box carcus. Because it is cheap. (cheap junk) The face frames will remain American made local or Canadian hard wood either oak, maple, hickory or cherry which are the most popular.

Every one of the American cabinet makers have abandanded this cheap junk. Yes they were saving money but the call backs and the warrenty service follow up was costing far far more then the savings back at the assembly stage.

Oh did I mention the China boxes take 3 months to order?

So NO CHINESE WOOD ! If you wanted cabinets that bad you can use Home Depots own brand which is actually corrugated cardboard that you finish yourself.

In Miami look up N Joy Kitchens. In Deerfield Beech try Kitchen and Home Interiors. In Boca Raton try House Works Design Center.

The Aroura you mentioned is custom made to fit. You will pay for that luxury. Today there are standard sizes to fit everything in 3" incrimants. Many times they come to your home to measure. Places like Home Depot and Lowes will draw you a kitchen based on the customer drawings. Then you sign a waver that if it does not fit it is your fault and you are SOL.

If you need any further info I would be happy to add to this. You can mail me.

Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2013, 11:09 AM

2 posts, read 1,493 times
I agreed with desertsun41 !!!!!!

I should know. I was a sales rep , and a store manager for a medium size Kitchen Cabinet - wood and hardware -retailer in Miami.

As consumers, we should stay away from China cabinets and wood. The reason they are so popular is because the cheap price they offer, but the quality has to much to desire!!!

Stay with american, canadian or south america wood products. Talk to a any of the hundred of cabinets makers in Miami Dade County, and agree in the wood materials and pricing. Good luck !!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: