Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2018, 02:00 PM

21 posts, read 24,042 times

Advertisements

https://therealdeal.com/miami/2018/0...e693-385686593

North Beach Yard, Miami Beach’s proposed version of the hip Wynwood Yard in Miami, could have up to two dozen food and beverage operators and 20 retailers according to plans submitted to the city.

Since winning a five-year lease with the city to develop a public lot at 81st Street and Collins Avenue into an outdoor gathering space with a music component, portable restaurants and pop-up shops, Wynwood Yard founder Della Heiman and her business partner Ken Lyon have been working on a plan that incorporates shipping containers, food trucks, a live performance stage, a pavilion and a renovated city-owned building that will serve as a community center.

Since winning a five-year lease with the city to develop a public lot at 81st Street and Collins Avenue into an outdoor gathering space with a music component, portable restaurants and pop-up shops, Wynwood Yard founder Della Heiman and her business partner Ken Lyon have been working on a plan that incorporates shipping containers, food trucks, a live performance stage, a pavilion and a renovated city-owned building that will serve as a community center.

Plans are to open 2019
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2018, 03:16 PM

2,128 posts, read 2,355,070 times
Sounds pretty sweet! A lot of good things happening in North Beach, great time to invest in land/multifamilies/commercial space

Old 04-09-2018, 08:04 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,654,446 times
All these "hip hoods" concepts are getting oversaturated and cheesy. Instead of a city having one unique neighbourhood, now it's multiple watered down knockoffs.

Old 04-09-2018, 10:26 PM

874 posts, read 899,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djesus007 View Post
All these "hip hoods" concepts are getting oversaturated and cheesy. Instead of a city having one unique neighbourhood, now it's multiple watered down knockoffs.
Wynwood is definitely a lot less edgy these days... which is both good and bad.

But I actually think having a space like this in North Beach is good... the area needs more informal/accessible options for eating.

Also... since it's Miami beach, I hope they do something retro kitschy.

Old 04-10-2018, 07:27 AM

4,968 posts, read 10,194,475 times
Quote:
True. This project looks like a proposal for a middle school.

Old 04-10-2018, 09:03 AM

7,409 posts, read 6,545,347 times
Anyone been to The Wharf?....passed by it a few times on my way to Seaspice and Kiki on the River...any good?

Old 04-10-2018, 10:14 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,101,529 times
A five year lease? That's not very long.

Old 04-10-2018, 02:28 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,654,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnRyan View Post
Wynwood is definitely a lot less edgy these days... which is both good and bad.

But I actually think having a space like this in North Beach is good... the area needs more informal/accessible options for eating.

Also... since it's Miami beach, I hope they do something retro kitschy.
True on Wynwood, when I was there earlier this year I saw more homeless people, more fights and some dude getting stabbed. It's not the first time I've seen violence in Miami, but it was still shocking to see that happen. With regards to this new proposal, they should have more than a five-year lease and let the neighbourhood flow and grow naturally.

Old 04-10-2018, 03:14 PM

11,175 posts, read 16,014,540 times
Quote:
...With regards to this new proposal, they should have more than a five-year lease and let the neighbourhood flow and grow naturally.
Grow naturally, how? We're talking about one vacant city-owned lot across the street from North Shore Park.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami