Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2018, 07:46 PM

7,409 posts, read 6,550,878 times

Advertisements

Toscana Divina??...have not had a chance to go back but will. Thanks for the reminder.

On a very positive note, just read that Javier Plasencia is opening a Baja Mex seafood restaurant in downtown next month called Pez. Great chef out of Tijuana, the real deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruski View Post
So did you check out my former compatriot's place?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2018, 11:47 AM

4,346 posts, read 7,827,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
Toscana Divina??...have not had a chance to go back but will. Thanks for the reminder.

On a very positive note, just read that Javier Plasencia is opening a Baja Mex seafood restaurant in downtown next month called Pez. Great chef out of Tijuana, the real deal.
I actually meant Novikov.

But yeah, my friends' Toscana Divino is doing very well, as far as I can tell. They also opened one more place - Ironside Kitchen Pizza & Coffee Co.

Old 09-11-2018, 01:03 PM

OK....still need to check this place out.....looks like it attracts a nice after work crowd, only wish the bar area were a little larger.

Quote:

But yeah, my friends' Toscana Divino is doing very well, as far as I can tell. They also opened one more place - Ironside Kitchen Pizza & Coffee Co.

Old 09-12-2018, 01:50 PM

2,128 posts, read 2,356,029 times
Quote:

Ironside is great..cool little area. Great for young professionals and young families on weekends.

Old 09-12-2018, 01:52 PM

2,128 posts, read 2,356,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
Had a great Spice dinner at Red The Steakhouse on SoBe last night with fellow CD Miami poster Marc.

We both ordered off of the standard Spice menu, though there are numerous upgrade options available. The Caesar salad remains arguably the best in all of Miami, the 5 ounce Filet was seasoned and quite flavorful and was served with a baked potato and broccoli seasoned with sautéed garlic. For dessert, we both had a chocolate chip cookie sundae. Everything, including the bread served with a reggiano based olive oil, was excellent and well worth the $39 cost. One of the better Spice restaurants and values.
I was just getting ready to post the same thing today.

Very nice restaurant in South of Fifth, been wanting to go there for years. Next year I'll probably do the upgrade for a bigger NY Strip or maybe a ribeye. I got a cocktail and with tip, my whole meal was under $70. Not bad for a top 5 steakhouse in Miami in a high end area.

Old 09-30-2018, 05:39 PM

1,790 posts, read 1,413,745 times
August and Sept gone with the Wind and NEVER did we get out to one of the places on the list we have never been to, how frikken times flies.

But the good news is that in late November, early December we will be in one ot them or even different courtesy of our friends at the Investment Co where our retirements are handled, and 2wice or 3 times a year we get the royal treatment for nothinn'.

Old 10-16-2018, 07:57 PM

just back from Novikov....very good....a bit of a pain if driving there or having Uber drop you off as the road construction immediately in front of the restaurant is a mess but well worth it once inside. Coworker and I arrived around 7PM on a Tuesday and there were only 2-3 other occupied tables--late arriving crowd and the place was 3/4 full when we left at 8:30.

The food is just as good as Komodo--maybe better. Interior is nice and does not have the wow factor/loungey element that Komodo does but it also attracts a seemingly classier, more professional and very good looking crowd.

The Peking duck was exceptional. I also liked the fact you have the option of selecting a half order. Great crispy skin, duck breast (not thigh) and no fat. Also had the shrimp fried rice and shrimp with cilantro dumplings. Will definitely return.

Quote:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami