Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2018, 04:42 AM

1,790 posts, read 1,413,745 times

Advertisements

True. BUT Miami IS da Place !!!

But the same happens in WPB, Orlando, Tampa n Jacksonville. It has to be the out of State drivers (aka Snow Birds) moving to Fl daily.

Last edited by Hammocks Bum; 09-03-2018 at 05:17 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2018, 09:04 AM

80 posts, read 61,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Some how I knew CD was not really a good place to ask. Most of the time, the posters get defensive about their locations and this is the answers you get as if it was some kind of insult.

Never mind I asked. Close thread.

Just an FYI because I agree that you should be able to post here without getting the "Miami is amazeballs so your question is invalid" reply: you can ignore a poster on the CD forums by clicking on their username and choosing "View Public Profile". On the blue horizontal strip, you'll find links allowing you to add this person to your Buddy List or Ignore List.

Old 09-04-2018, 11:26 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,815,515 times
Are there a lot? Yes, I would say there is, more than most locations in the US.

Old 09-04-2018, 12:56 PM

80 posts, read 61,485 times
I would have to agree with boxus.

Honestly it's starting to feel like pretty soon we're going to need a co-driver just for an extra set of eyes due to the extraordinarily high set of variables you can encounter while driving the roads of Miami.

There is so much going on in certain areas/intersections at certain times that car accidents are a daily occurrence. Bicycle riders who aren't on the sidewalk (as is permitted). Pedestrians not waiting for the cross walk. School zones. Construction. Uber/Lyft drivers stopping on main roads to drop off/pick people up, buses, an excessive amount of large trucks (big rigs), "bad drivers" etc.. and on top of all of that drivers are more distracted now than ever thanks to our smart phones.

So yes, car accidents happen often and are a daily occurrence here. If the car accident is bad enough to warrant closing one of the major expressways, it creates a domino effect that affects the entire road system.

If I didn't need to drive to work, I would probably just keep a vehicle for the weekends. The weekends are amazing with regards to driving around the city.

Old 09-04-2018, 01:11 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
There are a lot of cars in Miami and a lot of traffic. But it's not just Miami--FTL is also jammed with traffic. I was rear-ended in FTL just sitting at a stoplight. In fact, all of Florida is pretty bad.

There are accidents. People are distracted, and the tourists and snowbirds make it 10 times worse every winter. I used to commute from Miami to FTL. There was not an accident every day, but pretty often and in season--even more.

My auto insurance was actually higher in Sarasota than Miami--go figure. I was told it was because of the elderly drivers and litigation, etc. In Miami, cars theft is a problem. Cars are stolen and put right on the ships heading to South America. I think it really depends on where you live in Miami. In SoBe my insurance was really high. In Aventura it was cheap.

Old 09-04-2018, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammocks Bum View Post
True. BUT Miami IS da Place !!!

But the same happens in WPB, Orlando, Tampa n Jacksonville. It has to be the out of State drivers (aka Snow Birds) moving to Fl daily.

That was precisely my point..It's not JUST Miami Folks !!!!

Old 09-08-2018, 03:39 PM

66 posts, read 41,890 times
Nothing Hammock Bun posts ever makes sense. Just ignore her.

Old 09-08-2018, 04:08 PM

2,790 posts, read 6,128,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot ho View Post
Nothing Hammock Bun posts ever makes sense. Just ignore her.
Hammocks Bum is a man...…

Old 09-30-2018, 05:44 AM

2018’s Best & Worst Cities to Drive in

https://wallethub.com/edu/best-worst...rive-in/13964/

Old 10-31-2018, 01:53 PM

4 posts, read 5,113 times
Miami has the worst drivers I've ever seen in the United States. They don't signal and they drive aggressively and rude. I think it's largely due to the Latin American population. The culture in Latin America is one of machismo, and males from that culture see driving as an extension of their manhood. The American population up in Palm Beach County doesn't drive like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami