Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2018, 09:06 AM

604 posts, read 618,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
I just wonder how all of these NIMBY's who bought condos fronting Bayfront Park didn't know that Ultra has been a yearly event for almost two decades now.
They are also trying to get Club Space and other clubs nearby to close.
It's called city living so deal with it!
"I want to live where all is happening!" then a few months later "Yikes what is that noise?, who is that people?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2018, 09:13 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,622,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oronzous View Post
"I want to live where all is happening!" then a few months later "Yikes what is that noise?, who is that people?"
Too funny !

Old 10-03-2018, 09:21 AM

7,409 posts, read 6,550,878 times
Reminds me of people from Newport Beach, CA who bought homes on the back bay in the direct path of airplane takeoffs from nearby Santa Ana John Wayne airport....it suddenly dawned on them that planes make noise so they passed a noise abatement ordinance that requires jets to ascend on a much steeper takeoff angle than elsewhere while reducing engine power. I couldn’t make this up—though this effects them 365 days a year, not just 3-4.

Old 10-03-2018, 12:37 PM

80 posts, read 61,485 times
Quote:
I just wonder how all of these NIMBY's who bought condos fronting Bayfront Park didn't know that Ultra has been a yearly event for almost two decades now.
They are also trying to get Club Space and other clubs nearby to close.
It's called city living so deal with it!

While some of those clubs have been there for ever, the city will undoubtedly show a preference to having more tax payers.

Old 10-03-2018, 03:25 PM

1,790 posts, read 1,413,745 times
With Politicians Money Talks and then everything else Walks.

Old 10-03-2018, 08:39 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,815,515 times
I always thought it was strange having such a festival in the location. I am use to festivals where everyone camps out, the scene is going on 24 hrs pretty much, here it closes, people go back to hotel rooms, then start the next day, actually hilarious.

The NIMBY people are the ones who live there, and who pay taxes also, not most of the festival goers. If they do not want it there, and festival supporters cannot convince, then just locate somewhere else.

It has not only been at Bayside, it has been at a couple other places also, maybe it can go back to Bicentennial Park.

As for me, I do not care.

Old 10-03-2018, 08:56 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,622,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
I always thought it was strange having such a festival in the location. I am use to festivals where everyone camps out, the scene is going on 24 hrs pretty much, here it closes, people go back to hotel rooms, then start the next day, actually hilarious.

The NIMBY people are the ones who live there, and who pay taxes also, not most of the festival goers. If they do not want it there, and festival supporters cannot convince, then just locate somewhere else.

It has not only been at Bayside, it has been at a couple other places also, maybe it can go back to Bicentennial Park.

As for me, I do not care.
How can it possibly go back to Bicentennial Park (aka Museum Park) when there are a bunch of high rise residential towers right in front of the park now?

I can hear the NIMBY's complaining already.

Old 10-03-2018, 09:05 PM

Quote:
How can it possibly go back to Bicentennial Park (aka Museum Park) when there are a bunch of high rise residential towers right in front of the park now?

I can hear the NIMBY's complaining already.
I do not know, i do not care if it stays or goes. But if the people who live around it do not want it (or want it), that to me is a lot more weight than the opinion of people who do not live around there.

It is only three days, but they close the area off for how long to prepare then take apart? And that is on top of all the other events. I think one core of the issue is the park is being used for way too many events.

Old 10-04-2018, 07:40 PM

2,128 posts, read 2,356,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post

It is only three days, but they close the area off for how long to prepare then take apart? And that is on top of all the other events. I think one core of the issue is the park is being used for way too many events.
Right now its being used by the homeless to sleep/live...so I'm fine with all the events blocking off parts of the park.

Old 10-04-2018, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Middleton View Post
Right now its being used by the homeless to sleep/live...so I'm fine with all the events blocking off parts of the park.
Have not been there for a while, I thought they got rid of them? I know ti got kind of bad, then they got rid of the homeless, now they are back?

I rather they just close the damn thing and have it only for events, than have the homeless occupy it. I remember when it was bad, you could not do anything there, they camp out, use the bathroom, trash the place up, but they cleaned it all out and kept them out for some time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami