Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2018, 07:48 AM

3,198 posts, read 2,659,481 times

Advertisements

Really nothing surprising to read honestly due to all the NIMBY's complaining about the fest as well as people in government. At the same time though, if they can't renegotiate a new contract and the show moves elsewhere in Miami (city or metro) then downtown just lost the only major show they have. I personally didn't mind hearing the music at all from my apartment but I'm in the minority on that one. Thoughts?

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/loc...219114005.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2018, 07:01 PM

2,128 posts, read 2,356,603 times
typical Miami...bring in festivals to a blighted to help spur interest, tax dollars and development, then keep them there bringing in tons of $$ while real estate prices go up..then kick them out once new people move in and residents complain of the people/noise.

Old 10-02-2018, 12:05 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,624,170 times
There was a huge concert in Central Park this weekend in NYC. Do people who live by the park complain like this?
Figures Miami would shoot itself in the foot.

Old 10-02-2018, 12:35 PM

80 posts, read 61,499 times
I've attended quite a few concerts in Bayfront park. I imagine the occasional concert isn't as much an issue for the local residents as are the multiple days of loud music and traffic nightmares which Ultra creates.

I feel like the Wynwood/Midtown area would be perfect for a festival such as Ultra, but don't believe there is anything remotely large enough to support the size of the festival in those areas, nor to support all of the parking needed.

Ultra has had a good run in Bayfront park. It may simply just be time to find a new and better suited location.

Old 10-02-2018, 06:31 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,624,170 times
I just wonder how all of these NIMBY's who bought condos fronting Bayfront Park didn't know that Ultra has been a yearly event for almost two decades now.
They are also trying to get Club Space and other clubs nearby to close.
It's called city living so deal with it!

Old 10-02-2018, 08:26 PM

2,128 posts, read 2,356,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
I just wonder how all of these NIMBY's who bought condos fronting Bayfront Park didn't know that Ultra has been a yearly event for almost two decades now.
Space and those other clubs are done..a few have closed already since 2015 due to the World Center construction. Once that 1st tower starts moving people in and ground breaks on the others, Space will be gone. I think E11ven is far enough out to survive though.

Old 10-02-2018, 08:53 PM

7,410 posts, read 6,553,115 times
Does that mean the proposed Formula 1 event is doomed?

Old 10-03-2018, 05:18 AM

1,790 posts, read 1,414,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
Does that mean the proposed Formula 1 event is doomed?
Being a daytime event, that will probably fly

Old 10-03-2018, 05:47 AM

4,968 posts, read 10,196,322 times
What is the age demographic for the CBD area? and, what is the actual residential population year round (not asking how many units have been sold)? Where is the residential density concentrated? How long have these residents been living in the CBD? How many of them are new to Miami?

Old 10-03-2018, 05:59 AM

4,968 posts, read 10,196,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Im afraid CBD Miami is going to end up being a resort kind of place. That’s what’s happening to cities all over the nation pretty much. The process is slower in older cities that had a constant urban living. In our case, we are heading straight to that path , being that we are a new city that has just started developing in 2007 or so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami