Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 11:54 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,574,118 times

Advertisements

Thinking of checking it out—has anyone gone??...I would hope they go all out for this show in Miami...is there a lot of space devoted to exotic high end cars as well as after market (AC Schnitzer, AMG, etc) accessories??....hoping it would be comparable to the LA Auto show, which goes all out to impress vs other smaller cities in which the exhibits are scaled down and have very few high end cars or after market accessories, if at all...thanks.

Last edited by elchevere; 10-04-2018 at 12:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2018, 05:38 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,839,086 times
I used to go back in 2000s... meh... leftovers from the LA and NYC shows which were held in the spring. At least that's how it was back then. But after going a few times and not seeing anything new, I got turned off to it and haven't gone since.

Also got my GTO back in 2005 and lost interest in most other cars.

Old 10-04-2018, 07:14 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,574,118 times
Thanks...if it’s junior varsity, I won’t bother....When I was on the West Coast, LA was great whereas San Diego was minor leagues in comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruski View Post
I used to go back in 2000s... meh... leftovers from the LA and NYC shows which were held in the spring. At least that's how it was back then. But after going a few times and not seeing anything new, I got turned off to it and haven't gone since.

Also got my GTO back in 2005 and lost interest in most other cars.

Old 10-04-2018, 07:30 PM

2,128 posts, read 2,362,033 times
From my experiences in the mid 2010s at the Sobe Convention Center, its just a large space with nice new cars..you can sit in most of the cars but the exotics are roped off. They'll have some models standing around which you might enjoy ;-)

Other than that, its just a walking tour. Get a ticket on Groupon or someplace cheap...Miami herald has discount coupons too usually.

Old 10-05-2018, 11:10 AM

4,346 posts, read 7,839,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Middleton View Post
From my experiences in the mid 2010s at the Sobe Convention Center, its just a large space with nice new cars..you can sit in most of the cars but the exotics are roped off. They'll have some models standing around which you might enjoy ;-)

Other than that, its just a walking tour. Get a ticket on Groupon or someplace cheap...Miami herald has discount coupons too usually.
this

Old 10-05-2018, 03:02 PM

11,177 posts, read 16,034,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Middleton View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruski View Post
this
Unless I'm having reading comprehension problems (and that wouldn't be the first time), according to their website there will be numerous opportunities to test drive selected vehicles:

RIDE & DRIVE EVENTS
One of the most exhilarating experiences at the Auto Show is to put the key in the ignition, naturally. You’ll get the opportunity to learn about and test drive a number of the latest vehicles on offer from the manufacturers. Don’t just be a spectator, take the wheel.
Depending on the vehicle, drivers must be at least 18 or 21 years old, and visitors must present a valid driver's license. For a list of auto manufacturers offering Ride & Drive events on Convention Center Drive, please visit our Events Schedule.

Attractions - Miami International Auto Show

And here is that event schedule:

Event Schedule - Miami International Auto Show

Old 10-05-2018, 07:31 PM

2,128 posts, read 2,362,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
Unless I'm having reading comprehension problems (and that wouldn't be the first time), according to their website there will be numerous opportunities to test drive selected vehicles:

RIDE & DRIVE EVENTS
One of the most exhilarating experiences at the Auto Show is to put the key in the ignition, naturally. You’ll get the opportunity to learn about and test drive a number of the latest vehicles on offer from the manufacturers. Don’t just be a spectator, take the wheel.
Depending on the vehicle, drivers must be at least 18 or 21 years old, and visitors must present a valid driver's license. For a list of auto manufacturers offering Ride & Drive events on Convention Center Drive, please visit our Events Schedule.

Attractions - Miami International Auto Show

And here is that event schedule:

Event Schedule - Miami International Auto Show
That's new to me..last time it was some silly parking lot thing where you sit in a land rover or something similar and they drive over the rocks.

I did the orlando ones back in the mid 2000s and you could drive like a SAAB or Camry or Mustang with someone in the car and go around the block at a low speed.

Unless they ramped up the Miami one since 2012, I stand by my previous assessment.

Old 10-05-2018, 09:17 PM

11,177 posts, read 16,034,174 times
Here's a peak of what this year's auto show looks like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYhF1DQ6aMk

Old 10-24-2018, 11:47 AM

58 posts, read 84,880 times
I shoot. I keep forgetting they are having it in October. Used to in November when I used to go in the late 90s to early 2000s. That's when it was interesting. I always looked forward to seeing the concept cars. But when I went during the recession in 2008 it was dead. Maybe one or two concept cars but nothing that caught my eye.

Old 10-24-2018, 12:39 PM

1,790 posts, read 1,417,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikon_Chic View Post
I shoot. I keep forgetting they are having it in October. Used to in November when I used to go in the late 90s to early 2000s. That's when it was interesting. I always looked forward to seeing the concept cars. But when I went during the recession in 2008 it was dead. Maybe one or two concept cars but nothing that caught my eye.
Weather is NICE, and I bet now just as interesting as 15 years ago, get ready to go, dont look at the calendar and be happy and tells us of your findings
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami