Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2019, 08:21 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,255,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbandeco View Post
Just spent the weekend in Miami for the first time in 10 years. I live up in Boca Raton. Interesting thing is living up in PBC you always hear negative things on the news about Miami. Many people up here try to avoid going to Miami. However, I really enjoyed myself. Visited Coral Gables, Coconut Grove, Brickell and South Beach. I know there are shady areas of Miami but I was quite impressed with the growth of the city. I would totally live in coral gables if I could afford it and not have to commute to far outside of the town. I don’t speak any Spanish so that might be a challenge as well. Lol.
Miami has always been beautiful, though it was more beautiful before they stuck all those Condos and Hotels on the beach. You could even drive straight over MacArther Causeway and 5th without sitting in traffic

I did the reverse--moved to PBC from Miami. You hit the nail on the head with places to live, but that is the problem--the nice places are very expensive and the average Miamian can't afford to live there. Miami is also very expensive to live--you pay for parking almost everywhere you can find it, driving anywhere takes twice as long, due to the traffic. (I read that one guy just retired, rather than drive in that traffic every day.) It's also one of the most expensive cities to go out.

But it definitely is beautiful--how could it not be? Blue skies, turquoise water and palm trees.

Lived there before the boom and recession--it was nicer then. I think it is a better place to visit than live (unless you are well off enough to afford the expensive areas). But, admittedly, I hate sitting in traffic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2019, 06:14 PM

2,128 posts, read 2,355,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Lived there before the boom and recession--it was nicer then. I think it is a better place to visit than live (unless you are well off enough to afford the expensive areas). But, admittedly, I hate sitting in traffic.
Yeah, its an awesome place to have a 2nd home, that's for sure! So easy to rent when you aren't using it and so many events you can fly into for the week or weekend. (like the boat show right now)

Old 03-02-2019, 10:15 AM

11,175 posts, read 16,014,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
Hmmm a positive thread on Miami...? Could it be that wonderful winter weather while most of the rest of the country is in a deep freeze?
Speaking of winter weather....

For the first time in recorded history, Los Angeles failed to hit 70 degrees for the entire month of February.

Meanwhile Miami has been basking in 80+ degree weather with only the occasional cold spell. (Of course, some may not consider that a good thing, lol.)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/weath...=.f6c1b2fb3be4

Old 03-02-2019, 10:26 AM

7,409 posts, read 6,545,347 times
Even the occasional Santa Ana’s couldn’t get it up to 70?...wow...and I could not help but notice the number of days this past winter SoCal temperatures dipped down to the low 40’s overnight/early morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
Speaking of winter weather....

For the first time in recorded history, Los Angeles failed to hit 70 degrees for the entire month of February.

Meanwhile Miami has been basking in 80+ degree weather with only the occasional cold spell. (Of course, some may not consider that a good thing, lol.)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/weath...=.f6c1b2fb3be4

Old 03-05-2019, 05:23 PM

146 posts, read 123,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruski View Post
Haters gonna hate.
Lovers gonna love. Maters gonna mate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami