Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2019, 09:36 AM

1,333 posts, read 2,200,722 times

Advertisements

Marc, Do you ask to look at proof of funds? Bank letters? What is stopping you from having your time completely wasted by someone just wanting a free tour of the city with zero intention of closing a deal?

Seems as a realtor you'd take weeding out the frauds more seriously. I mean how valuable is your time?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2019, 12:23 PM

2,128 posts, read 2,356,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
..it's even funnier that you think I should pay twice for the same thing

Waste our time talking to a realtor...waste our time meeting a realtor and their "client" at the apt so they can show it

...when the realtor does not even know if their "client" has qualified to rent the apartment in the first place

and that is exactly what happens every time
Then why advertise so realtors can show it if you hate them so much? Just list it yourself and deal with all the time wasters out there and weirdos.

Old 04-09-2019, 12:24 PM

2,128 posts, read 2,356,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logybogy View Post
Marc, Do you ask to look at proof of funds? Bank letters? What is stopping you from having your time completely wasted by someone just wanting a free tour of the city with zero intention of closing a deal?

Seems as a realtor you'd take weeding out the frauds more seriously. I mean how valuable is your time?
Thanks, been doing this awhile. I know what to ask for upfront, what questions to ask before I meet someone, where to meet someone, etc.

I also teach this stuff for a living so I'm ok, but good lookin' out

Old 04-09-2019, 12:45 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,956,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logybogy View Post

That's why when people think being a realtor is an easy low cost job they're wrong. If a realtor were to ask for all these things before applying, they would have zero customers. It'd be like a car salesman saying okay before you can look at our cars we need to see proof of funds, run your credit report, etc.

Old 04-09-2019, 12:50 PM

18,448 posts, read 8,275,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Middleton View Post
Then why advertise so realtors can show it if you hate them so much? Just list it yourself and deal with all the time wasters out there and weirdos.
uh Marc....list it yourself is exactly what I do.....have you not been paying any attention at all?
...realtors call me on my ads and what to show my apts that I list in my ads...

"and deal with all the time wasters out there and weirdos"

..you mean exactly like the realtors do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Middleton View Post
(And if its on zillow, its mostly a realtor's posting, so now your contacting a dozen agents and have a dozen people trying to get your business)
Look the bottom line is this.....it's south Florida...do all realtors know how to do this?...of course not
...do all realtors tell the truth?....of course not...do all realtors even do what they say they did?...absolutely not

..doesn't matter then does it?....if you rent through a realtor...you have to do everything all over again...every time...and pay their commission...double jeopardy

and...it's a numbers game...just like realtors work it

If 1000 people reply to an ad.....10-20 will forward the info we require to rent..paste it in the reply or text takes about 1 second......and we only need 1

..before we even sked an appt to show them the apt....we have already done our background check...and know they qualify to rent it

I've got bills to pay...employees that have to get paid because they have bills to pay..
...no one has time for this bullcrap

Old 04-09-2019, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
That's why when people think being a realtor is an easy low cost job they're wrong. If a realtor were to ask for all these things before applying, they would have zero customers. It'd be like a car salesman saying okay before you can look at our cars we need to see proof of funds, run your credit report, etc.
thanks bm...for confirming exactly why we will not waste our time with realtors

Quote:
With all the scams going on...the easiest way for someone to hide who they really are...is to use a realtor
...you just said so...." its not our job to determine if the paystub is real or if he really works there"
Do you even check an ID to see if they really are who they say they are?

Last edited by Corrie22; 04-09-2019 at 01:15 PM..

Old 04-09-2019, 12:55 PM

1,333 posts, read 2,200,722 times
I don't think it's an easy job at all. It's very competitive. There's no guaranteed income. You are an independent contractor typically with no benefits. Your margins are razor thin. I salute those that make it work as a career for them. A typical corporate job with benefits is much more cushy in comparison, even if some of the upside earnings potential of a top 10% realtor is eliminated. You don't have the stress of the vast majority that ultimately fail at it.

Old 04-09-2019, 01:21 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,956,157 times
Quote:
thanks bm...for confirming exactly why we will not waste our time with realtors

I honestly don't believe you and once again your timelines aren't lining up which tells me you aren't telling the complete truth. It doesn't matter regardless, just my thoughts.

Old 04-09-2019, 01:26 PM

Quote:
I honestly don't believe you and once again your timelines aren't lining up which tells me you aren't telling the complete truth. It doesn't matter regardless, just my thoughts.
...I don't care

I don't trust someone that makes up something...puts it in quotes...to make it look like I really said that
...and flat out makes something up, that I never said

Quote:
The things you are saying aren’t adding up.

Not to mention a person who has been doing this for 50 years wouldn’t be wondering “how do I know if a potential tenant actually makes the amount they say they do, how do I know they that’s their real name” these are things a person with 1 year experience would know.

I’m sorry but I respectfully don’t believe you. Your lack of knowledge in this subject is evident in this thread.

Old 04-10-2019, 01:53 PM

80 posts, read 61,499 times
I spent many years working for one of the largest real estate companies in FL. One of my duties was to conduct weekly classes for new realtors on the subjects of the MLS, data mining, marketing technologies, etc. After having conducted hundreds of these classes and met many a realtor, I can tell you this: 99% of "realtors" are idiots. Individuals who are solely fixated on the potentially large commission checks, but who lack both the skills and the tenacity needed, for all of the hard work that comes before that check. Almost all of them "bottom out" and go back to finding a 9-5.

The other 1% excel at real estate, and take all of the profits with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami