Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2019, 11:00 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,018,815 times

Advertisements

I would think the Hard Rock would be a good place to host it but again, the transportation issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2019, 06:30 AM

11,154 posts, read 15,929,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
I would think the Hard Rock would be a good place to host it but again, the transportation issue.
A Miami Beach commissioner has proposed bringing it back to SoBe (Lummus Park). It's on the agenda to be discussed at next week's (May 22nd) commission meeting.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/loc...230468814.html

Old 05-17-2019, 06:42 AM

17,015 posts, read 21,695,741 times
Likely the real issue is money.....as in the rent/associated costs like police for the event is too high so the promoter gambles and threatens to move the event to a cheaper venue.

The politicians always want to promote their city, claim huge revenue gained by such events but I'd guess with all the numbers involved it is a tough "profit" to prove. To me it is a bunch of out of town drug addicts coming to Miami.

Old 05-22-2019, 03:10 PM

11,154 posts, read 15,929,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
A Miami Beach commissioner has proposed bringing it back to SoBe (Lummus Park). It's on the agenda to be discussed at next week's (May 22nd) commission meeting.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/loc...230468814.html
From everything I've heard, this doesn't have a chance in hell of getting approved. In fact, I doubt if a vote to bring Ultra to Lummus Park would garner more than one affirmative vote. On the other hand, several City of Miami commissioners are having second thoughts about losing Ultra and are contemplating inviting it back to Bayfront Park downtown.

"It just reminded me of being in a relationship, then breaking up with someone that you’re not ready to stop dating,” said Commissioner Keon Hardemon at a sunshine meeting Tuesday.

Hardemon and three other commissioners pondered the possibility of getting Ultra to return to the city — specifically, to Bayfront Park, which the city had kicked the festival out of. The discussion came at a time Ultra is in talks with several other South Florida municipalities over where next year’s festival will be held.
At a meeting where commissioners were allowed to discuss topics but not to take any votes, they agreed to reopen a formal conversation at a future meeting.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/loc...#storylink=cpy

Old 05-22-2019, 08:09 PM

18,073 posts, read 18,703,664 times
There is no way on Earth they are going to close Lummus Park down that long for Ultra.

Old 06-20-2019, 12:48 PM

38 posts, read 32,751 times
Miami Commissioners are set to vote next week on a plan that could bring Ultra Music Festival back to Bayfront Park.

https://www.thenextmiami.com/ultra-m...yes-next-week/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami