Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2019, 09:13 AM

160 posts, read 554,871 times

Advertisements

Looking at switching carriers and T-Mobile seems to be the best value.. Anyone here NOT recommend T- Mobile? The main areas I would seek coverage in are Miami Lakes, Doral. Miramar, Pines...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2019, 11:03 AM

2,747 posts, read 2,638,096 times
No issues with T-Mobile. Used them for 20 years now (started with previous carrier whom they purchased). Go for it.

Old 06-09-2019, 12:13 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,829,916 times
I have had T-Mobile for over ten years at least, no issues, I live in Brickell. I will add, no issues really anywhere in the world I have gone aside from the occasional dead spot.

The only coverage area issue I have encountered is Old Cutler by Fairchild Garden, but that is just data, still can call. But I think they may have covered it now? Because I usually stream music while driving and did not notice, but could have been buffered.

Old 06-09-2019, 03:35 PM

160 posts, read 554,871 times
Thanks

Old 06-14-2019, 01:36 PM

798 posts, read 1,461,625 times
Was a loyal customer for years, until I realized the service started to decrease for bad. Most calls were jumped and went straight to mailbox. Prices are not competitive with other brands. Seems now their business is making alliances with other companies such as MetroPc, and Simplemobile; yet they don't have discounts on new cell-phones in despite being same owner. You have to pay full price. On top they don't have plans neither for loyalty customers nor to make upgrades or take your old phone like in other brands. Basically they want you to sell a phone full price and stuff you a 2 years credit line. They just don't care if you abandon the ship. This didn't happen in the past. They' used to do whatever to retain you, but now seems all is vanity. They hire seductive models in stores that just doesn't make any effort to sell. It's like take or leave it.

I changed to simplemobile plan which is also their partner for $50 including a 10GB, in comparison with a $60 mobile plan with only 7GB T-mobile plan. I had to buy a cheap lg fiesta for wet damage since new phones are $800 and that's what I paid two years ago for my Samsung S6, and now it's $36 on eBay. And I was so sad, but then realized it's absolutely the same crap. It's ridiculous. I even got more than 12 hours without charging different than the S6 only 4 and having to carry my charger whatever I went not to mention it started to slow down out of the blue before it got wet damage. I've heard apple was sued because it was found they did this on purpose to force ppl buy new phones. I suspect Samsung is doing same. It was pretty annoying. New phones are just not that different and no worth your money.

Old 06-14-2019, 01:59 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,829,916 times
With T-Mobile, I am paying a $100, not including taxes, for three lines, unlimited everything including that international package, not bad I think.

My S-5 is going on I forget, over five years old now, just fine it works. When it goes, will probably get a couple year old Galaxy model.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami