Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2019, 04:48 PM

3,195 posts, read 2,649,705 times

Advertisements

From their twitter today. Saying "elsewhere in SoFlo" is pretty vague cause it could mean Miami Beach or Ft. Lauderdale, but if this is true... good job NIMBYS, once again screwing crap up!

https://twitter.com/ultra/status/1126230954329219073
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2019, 05:33 PM

18,429 posts, read 8,258,982 times
Didn't everyone have to walk home from Virginia Key?

Old 05-08-2019, 08:07 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,806,193 times
Yes, they are done with Miami, read they looking into Homestead, lol.

Only on the first day was there a mass walking from Virginia Key, the other two days it was better coordinated.

The residents in the area, those who actually live and pay the taxes there, are the ones who should be given a good deal of weight on their opinion of this, much more so than a crowd of people who do not even live here. I think aside from the noise (really, who has a damn loud music event in the middle of the city like that), it tied up a good deal of the park for what, three months?

As for my opinion, I live in Brickell and was never bothered by it, the only way I knew it was going on was all the goofy dressed people wondering around. I think the festival was a bit cringy though, I am use to music festivals where you just stay there the entire time, and not leave to go to some posh hotel room. You bring a tent, and there you are, things going on 24 hours. I will never wrap my head around all this festival stuff, then just stop, go back to the hotel, then return the next day.

Old 05-08-2019, 08:21 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,824,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Yes, they are done with Miami, read they looking into Homestead, lol.

Only on the first day was there a mass walking from Virginia Key, the other two days it was better coordinated.

The residents in the area, those who actually live and pay the taxes there, are the ones who should be given a good deal of weight on their opinion of this, much more so than a crowd of people who do not even live here. I think aside from the noise (really, who has a damn loud music event in the middle of the city like that), it tied up a good deal of the park for what, three months?

As for my opinion, I live in Brickell and was never bothered by it, the only way I knew it was going on was all the goofy dressed people wondering around. I think the festival was a bit cringy though, I am use to music festivals where you just stay there the entire time, and not leave to go to some posh hotel room. You bring a tent, and there you are, things going on 24 hours. I will never wrap my head around all this festival stuff, then just stop, go back to the hotel, then return the next day.
Hey, but the area hotels got good $$$ from it.

Old 05-10-2019, 07:47 AM

5 posts, read 3,701 times
Maybe, in general, South Florida is getting tired of being party-central?

Old 05-10-2019, 08:12 AM

7,409 posts, read 6,540,013 times
Friends of mine in Brickell in buildings directly on the water could definitely hear the bass/music from the event. A couple that lives in the Palace said they felt/saw their windows vibrating. The first night (or early morning, like at 4AM) I could hear cars honking their horns (not because of traffic, more of a “look at me, I’m stoned”), on Brickell Avenue that lasted 30 minutes and prompted me to call the cops.

They will either move it to Homestead or Hard Rock Stadium, the latter if they push the event back a week or so after the Miami Open has concluded.

Old 05-10-2019, 09:11 AM

1,599 posts, read 1,429,361 times
While you wait for the Florida concert, you could trip up to Woodstock, NY. They are trying to pull off the 50th Woodstock Anniversary concert. Actual details Very much up in the air at this time.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woodstock_50

Cant see the line up appealing to the senior citizens that may want to relive the ‘69 experience LOL

Old 05-10-2019, 09:23 AM

7,409 posts, read 6,540,013 times
Yeah, I hear ya on all these older folks (like myself) trying to recapture their glory days. I got turned off about 15 years ago when some 60-65 year old guy wanted to high five me at a Stones concert...just didn’t feel the same as when I was a teenager or young 20 something high fiving another young 20 something and when the grand old bands back then were anti-establishment but have now evolved into mega established commercialized corporations that they used to rail against....I will live with my memories and pass on reliving them ...heck, even if he were still alive I would have no desire to see an 80 year old Mickey Mantle swinging a bat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireStation46 View Post
While you wait for the Florida concert, you trip up to Woodstock, NY. They are trying to pull off the 50th Woodstock Anniversary concert. Actual details Very much up in the air at this time.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woodstock_50

Cant see the line up appealing to the senior citizens that may want to relive the ‘69 experience LOL

Old 05-10-2019, 09:39 AM

1,599 posts, read 1,429,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
Yeah, I hear ya on all these older folks (like myself) trying to recapture their glory days. I got turned off about 15 years ago when some 60-65 year old guy wanted to high five me at a Stones concert...just didn’t feel the same as when I was a teenager or young 20 something high fiving another young 20 something and when the grand old bands back then were anti-establishment but have now evolved into mega established commercialized corporations that they used to rail against....I will live with my memories and pass on reliving them ...heck, even if he were still alive I would have no desire to see an 80 year old Mickey Mantle swinging a bat.
Agreed. I was at some rolling stones concert in Atlanta in the mid 90’s, McCartney concert in St. Louis almost 20 years back. Enjoyable but less freaking out in the seats, just us folks enjoying the songs we remember.

Ah, Mickey, how many times I was at the old Yankee Stadium seeing him. Sitting in the bleachers with a free ConEd pass to see a game with Earl Batty with the ConEd Charity tickets.

Old 05-11-2019, 06:27 PM

2,128 posts, read 2,353,654 times
The fact that they said South Florida almost always means Broward County. I wonder where? A lot going on in Downtown Ft Lauderdale perhaps, but also Hard Rock area is a good idea as well. Its not like the Dolphins need the facility in March, it just usually occurs the week before or after the Tennis Open (formerly the Miami Open until it relocated to a new 'South Florida' location).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami