Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How much money do you earn annually? (Miami)
0-30,000 1 16.67%
30,001-60,000 3 50.00%
60,001-90,000 0 0%
Over 90,000 2 33.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 10:18 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,747,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valea View Post
My friend works in an area downtown that you have complete buildings in which are bogus corps (well, based overseas)
. One secretary manages, answers phones and the "corporation" is actually outside of America.
Yet these companies are considered new businesses, jobs, corporations that were "created" by the politicians in a business friendly Miami but intruth they create nothing unless you give them credit for creating jobs outside of America. Federal gvmt is another failure as far as this issue is concerned .

Garbage like this needs to be cleaned up unless you have 95% of the employees in Florida no tax break no break on anything (that's my opinion) .Your talking about a huge job market in this alone .

. Miami does give tax breaks for companies that create jobs and they should that's great however that includes MANY "corps" like this.
Which is outrageous. What's going on here is unreal.

Housing is out of their control as money from other countries and other states have sky rocketed real estate .
This is good to know as it confirms a lot of my suspicions. SO it's the foreign money that ruined miami. Stolen capital from third world nations has a way of ending up in Miami. With few employees that capital just goes into the hands of the rich.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2007, 08:23 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,304,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelito23 View Post
I do not agree with the attitude that if you have complaints, "you should move." It is that attitude-that when things get tough, or that people have problems, they should get up and move. This is why we have white flight and sprawling cities that make up 29 counties as you stated. I believe in trying to make a difference and not ignoring or minimizing the problems.
I agree with this as well. Too many peopel have just gotten up and left Miami-- the so called "white flight". If they would have stayed and taken a stand agaisnt the corruption, decay, and indifference so many people have then maybe Miami would be a better place today. For that matter the same could be said about Cuba. If every Cuban angry with Fidel had stayed there and caused trouble for him there is no way he would have stayed in power so long. Instead, Miami becomes a pressure valve for his regime since everyone who doesn't like it can just come here.
We need more people like Chelito to make a difference in Miami-- plating trees, organizing crime watches, or volunteering time in other ways. Unfortunately, I think we've passed the point of no return. Our politicians only care about lining their own pockets. The people in Miami identify more with their home country than with Miami so of course they feel no sense of community. To turn things around we should encourage a greater sense of community by focusing on unity, not diversity. Everyone talks about how wonderful Miami is-- how nice it is to be so international and multicultural. Well, multiculturalism doesn't breed a sense of community; it encourages everyone to do their own thing and the Miami you see today is the result.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami