Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2019, 02:41 PM

19,446 posts, read 27,860,991 times

Advertisements

We are cruising for one week out of Port of Miami. I am seeing off site parking that is roughly 1/3 to 1/2 the cost of parking at the port ($22/day).

On CruiseCritic.com members warn against using these off site parking lots citing the high risk of vehicles that are stolen or broken into at those off-site lots. Over the years I've learned that a lot of the advice given on that forum is, umm, extreme.

So - I'd like to ask if locals agree with those warnings?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2019, 04:41 PM

257 posts, read 470,412 times
https://miami.cbslocal.com/2019/11/2...arking-garage/

Old 12-12-2019, 06:03 PM

2,128 posts, read 2,359,490 times
There aren't many cheap garages. Most are $30/night+ so I doubt you'll save any money.

Where are you driving from? We have a train now that goes to downtown Miami from FT Lauderdale and W Palm. Short Uber ride to port, no hassles with parking & walking with all your luggage to the pier.

otherwise, just park in the lot. Its very convenient for when the trip is over. Walk to your car, rather than wait in the long line for a ride over the bridge (or in the new tunnel), then up the elevator to wherever your car is, pay the machine, drive out, etc.

In Ft Lauderdale? Sure, very easy off site parking, nice shuttle takes you right to the pier where you drop your bags, etc. Not in Miami...

Old 12-12-2019, 07:47 PM

Driving from NC, then staying in a few cities along the coast. Last stop is St Lucie, then we have to find someplace to stay for 3 nights between st lucie and Miami.

Old 12-12-2019, 08:03 PM

Somebody told me about Prestige Easy Park? 24 hour gates facility with shuttles to port for $8.95 per day versus the port parking at $22 a day. (We travel VERY lightly - just a carryon with wheels for each of us.

Driving from NC and making several stops along the coast. Final stop is St Lucie, then we will have to find a place to stay for three nights. Maybe finding a hotel that includes parking makes more sense.

Old 12-14-2019, 06:58 AM

This one ? Near the port, garage parking and have shuttles. Are they REALLY that bad?

http://http://premiercruiseparking.com/

Old 12-14-2019, 07:11 AM

11,177 posts, read 16,028,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
We are cruising for one week out of Port of Miami. I am seeing off site parking that is roughly 1/3 to 1/2 the cost of parking at the port ($22/day).

On CruiseCritic.com members warn against using these off site parking lots citing the high risk of vehicles that are stolen or broken into at those off-site lots. Over the years I've learned that a lot of the advice given on that forum is, umm, extreme.

So - I'd like to ask if locals agree with those warnings?
I would think locals would be the last people who could give you pertinent advice and info because locals who cruise wouldn't be parking their cars for a week, they'd simply take a taxi, Uber or have a friend drop them off at the terminal.

I cruise regularly from both the Port of Miami and Port Everglades and have never once even considered parking my car at either terminal for a week or more.

Old 12-14-2019, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
I would think locals would be the last people who could give you pertinent advice and info because locals who cruise wouldn't be parking their cars for a week, they'd simply take a taxi, Uber or have a friend drop them off at the terminal.

I cruise regularly from both the Port of Miami and Port Everglades and have never once even considered parking my car at either terminal for a week or more.
Good point. on me. Over to Yelp now.

Old 12-14-2019, 10:56 AM

THANK YOU for the spot on warnings. We'll be parking at PortMiami.

Old 12-17-2019, 11:19 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,118,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post

Locals are the ones who watch the local news.

Good idea to park at the port. Most of the people that own those offsite parking sites are fly by night. You have no recourse if something happens to your car. No insurance at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: