Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2020, 09:02 AM

2,128 posts, read 2,353,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruski View Post
Yeah, Yelp says they closed. It was one great seafood place in that parking lot. Way before the other ones came.
Yea, I 2nd that too.. it was there before Cousins truck was there. I saw Cousins at the TPC sawgrass too the day before they shut down, very good rolls for sure!

Even though there are trucks, don't expect cheap!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2020, 09:06 AM

7,407 posts, read 6,537,276 times
Shukran is another food truck—shwarma and falafels. Have not tried...might drive to Maroosh in the Gables for takeout—my favorite Mediterranean/ Lebanese restaurant I’ve found so far (Dimitrios good also, but appears closed)....Boston Market drive thru remains a relatively healthy and affordable option as well....saving my frozen meals and pasta in the event I become ill.

Old 03-24-2020, 11:11 PM

11,175 posts, read 16,008,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
Shukran is another food truck—shwarma and falafels. Have not tried...might drive to Maroosh in the Gables for takeout—my favorite Mediterranean/ Lebanese restaurant I’ve found so far (Dimitrios good also, but appears closed)....Boston Market drive thru remains a relatively healthy and affordable option as well....saving my frozen meals and pasta in the event I become ill.
Keep going out every day to pick up food at various restaurants/food trucks and interacting with the people there, and that will happen soon enough.

Old 03-25-2020, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
Keep going out every day to pick up food at various restaurants/food trucks and interacting with the people there, and that will happen soon enough.

That's what I was saying earlier on this post. I found a golf course on the West coast that let us pay online, have a cart ready for us (we cleaned it with wipes anyways), no rakes in bunkers, flag sticks were raised out of the ground (so no putting into the cup), put my own bags on, played alone (with my son), loaded my clubs into the car when I was done and on my way, never saw anyone.

that's the only time I've been out of my neighborhood in 9 days.

My wife hasn't had any symptoms at all (I had a sore throat last week, no fever or chills or breath issues) so she gets our food every couple of days.

We had Outback deliver once because we were going stir crazy. They put the food on our doorstep, we used gloves on the bag & plastic containers.

I haven't seen my mother in 10 days and she works across the street from me because I was so worried about my sore throat and the 14 day thing.

But in typical FL fashion, we're last to do anything of all the big states. We will have massive increases in cases by the weekend/next week.

Orange County, FL (Orlando area) is shutting everything down tomorrow. City of Miami shut down today.

I had out of towners ask to see apartments this weekend in Brickell..I'm like 'do you not have internet/tv??'

Old 03-25-2020, 08:02 AM

I’m out walking 8-9 miles daily and picking up my meals curbside, not hanging out with 50 other people (let alone 10, sometimes nobody) in line and keeping my distance

Last edited by elchevere; 03-25-2020 at 08:49 AM..

Old 03-25-2020, 09:00 AM

11,175 posts, read 16,008,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
I’m out walking 8-9 miles daily and picking up my meals curbside, not hanging out with 50 other people (let alone 10, sometimes nobody) in line and keeping my distance
I realize that you're not hanging out with 50 people at a time, but you're still interacting with at least one person every time you pick up your meal, not to mention the people who put together your takeout orders.

Even Amazon is suggesting that you leave their packages alone for 24 hours since that is how long the virus can live on cardboard.

Old 03-25-2020, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
Even Amazon is suggesting that you leave their packages alone for 24 hours since that is how long the virus can live on cardboard.
6 Amazon workers in factories have tested positive across the country, including the big one outside of Orlando.

Old 03-26-2020, 07:53 AM

2,790 posts, read 6,125,109 times
Perhaps some of you folks who run to Joe's for takeout or jog around Brickell during these difficult days might want to read this: https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en...cSnmdLs2qKLw-o

The Real Miami ^^^

Old 03-26-2020, 08:31 AM

Sounds good but I think there’s a slight difference between walking 8-9 miles along Brickell Ave or the Bayfront walking path (for my physical and mental health) and supporting devastated local small businesses, many of whom might close and never reopen (and, no, not talking about just Joe’s who will be fine) by ordering takeout (food handlers are using gloves) and sharing tips on what is open for others who also might be interested vs being on a party boat getting drunk or spring breaking on the beach in close proximity to others or out of state visitor likely knowing he was infected getting on a plane . Not like I’m whooping it up, let alone like tourists, nor buying a 10 year supply of toilet paper or loading up on guns...if you want to stay locked up until May 24/7 that is your prerogative and/or direct your attention to the media for its coverage. In the meantime, perhaps Haslem can share what he is doing to assist those in Liberty City in a follow up article. If/When my neighbor, MD/Chief of Staff at a local major hospital, advises me it is time to change my behavior I will do so immediately.

PS..I’ve been to Joe’s once, and you are aware of the difference between the Take Away v full service restaurant?...not as though I was bragging and ordering champagne and $140 of stone crabs, I didn’t —I spent a whopping $16 on a sandwich (plus tip—looking out for the impacted restaurant workers...who also wore gloves)....I also didn’t realize walking and jogging was deemed a luxury activity IF that is what you meant to imply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by popcorn247 View Post
Perhaps some of you folks who run to Joe's for takeout or jog around Brickell during these difficult days might want to read this: https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en...cSnmdLs2qKLw-o

The Real Miami ^^^

Last edited by elchevere; 03-26-2020 at 09:49 AM..

Old 03-27-2020, 03:17 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,096,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by popcorn247 View Post

The Real Miami ^^^
That was a really powerful read.

Such a great perspective.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami