Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2020, 08:13 PM

8,086 posts, read 6,709,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
A true story... or maybe not...

A few years ago I was speeding down the Palmetto. I got stopped by the police. As the policeman came up to me and opened his ticket booklet, I asked "I bet you are going to try to sell me a ticket to the Miami Police Ball?". He replied "Ma'am, Miami police don't have balls". There was a moment of silence, he closed his book, tipped his hat, got back into his patrol car and left.
Lol! Good one SanyBelle!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2020, 08:15 PM

5,403 posts, read 3,432,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
Lol! Good one SanyBelle!
Thanks... stolen (or borrowed) of course.

Old 06-14-2020, 01:02 PM

10,951 posts, read 3,653,459 times
I do not even talk to Cops. I stay away from them as far as I can, I truly have little respect, and what is worse TRUST for them, without being a Cop hater.

Most of them carry a chip on their shoulder, bigger than their paychecks combined.

I avoid them like the Pandemic.

I respect all Laws and that gives me the Peace I need.

Old 06-15-2020, 02:25 PM

11,164 posts, read 15,954,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huasho View Post
I do not even talk to Cops. I stay away from them as far as I can, I truly have little respect, and what is worse TRUST for them, without being a Cop hater.

Most of them carry a chip on their shoulder, bigger than their paychecks combined.

I avoid them like the Pandemic.

I respect all Laws and that gives me the Peace I need.
The difference is you have the ability to avoid cops, Blacks don't. It's called White Privilege. You'll never be pulled over while driving down a street for no reason whatsoever simply because you're white. Conversely, it happens so often to Blacks that there is even an acronym for it: DWB - Driving While Black.

While walking down the street exercising and minding your own business, you'll never find yourself surrounded by four policemen with their guns drawn telling you to get down on the ground or be shot. And then having one of them put his knee on your neck while others handcuff your arms behind your back, all because you fit the vague, innocuous, description of a suspect in the area. That recently happened to well-known comedian Jay Pharoah, who used to be on Saturday Night Live. And the description of the suspect he matched? "Black man wearing grey sweatpants." Can you believe that?! Here's a link to a surveillance video of when it took place:

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2020/0...ce-mh-orig.cnn

Can you imagine that happening to you or any other white guy because you matched a description of "white guy wearing grey sweatpants"? Of course not.

And that's part of what these protests and demonstrations are about.

Old 06-15-2020, 02:43 PM

18,325 posts, read 8,145,441 times
.....too funny.....that exact thing happened to one of our neighbors a few years ago

he was jogging about 4am....got cuffed...put in the back of the car....they ran a check on him..actually I think they called his house.....wife said keep him.....apologized...and sent him home

"white guy wearing grey jogging shorts"

...much rather have that happen than the opposite.....it's their job

Old 06-15-2020, 03:31 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,379,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
The difference is you have the ability to avoid cops, Blacks don't. It's called White Privilege. You'll never be pulled over while driving down a street for no reason whatsoever simply because you're white. Conversely, it happens so often to Blacks that there is even an acronym for it: DWB - Driving While Black.

While walking down the street exercising and minding your own business, you'll never find yourself surrounded by four policemen with their guns drawn telling you to get down on the ground or be shot. And then having one of them put his knee on your neck while others handcuff your arms behind your back, all because you fit the vague, innocuous, description of a suspect in the area. That recently happened to well-known comedian Jay Pharoah, who used to be on Saturday Night Live. And the description of the suspect he matched? "Black man wearing grey sweatpants." Can you believe that?! Here's a link to a surveillance video of when it took place:

Can you imagine that happening to you or any other white guy because you matched a description of "white guy wearing grey sweatpants"? Of course not.

As a white person, I have been pulled over many times for no reason. Matter of fact, it is not uncommon in rural areas nor outside large military bases for this to happen. I also have been stopped and asked for my ID while walking.

I have no idea why you and others think this is a black thing only, it is actually hilarious you all think this.

Old 06-15-2020, 05:16 PM

18,325 posts, read 8,145,441 times
....no one remembers the white guys....no Wendy's were burned down

Tony Timpa > https://www.dallasnews.com/news/inve...-timpa-s-life/

Old 06-15-2020, 08:24 PM

2,128 posts, read 2,337,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
I have no idea why you and others think this is a black thing only, it is actually hilarious you all think this.
not only 'a black thing', just more common for them vs whites. Sure I've been harassed constantly by police when I lived near UCF. Bunch of bored cops in a Podunk town (oviedo, wintersprings - circa 2001, I know its grown a lot since) with nothing better to do. In 2002, I was pulled over every month that year. Young guy, sports car - music loud with windows down at night, sometimes speeding/sometimes not, etc. I get being profiled, it sucks. They've called for back up too when I was by myself or even threatened to arrest my brother once for not putting out his cigarette while they searched my car (he was 22 at the time, more than old enough to buy/smoke cigs)

Its deeper than race, its more us vs them/respect my power attitude. However, the senseless killings seem to happen more to black/brown population vs white population at an exponentially higher rate. I think that's the point Mad Man was trying to drive home. You don't have to find the 1 or 2 examples of it happening to white people, we're aware it does.

Old 06-15-2020, 09:46 PM

5,403 posts, read 3,432,020 times
Happened to a white (can I add wealthy) girl friend of mine when she was in college maybe 10 years ago, fancy car, her boyfriend driving, they were pulled over, the police came running over with guns drawn, yelled for them to get out of the car, get on the ground face down, hands behind their necks... Police thought the car was stolen. Both parents were pissed off! I don't remember the race of the policemen. I think my friend peed her pants. LOL

Old 06-16-2020, 11:48 AM

10,951 posts, read 3,653,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post

How is it that staying AWAY from them it's my white privilege ?.

It's every citizens privilege in this Country. I just don't like Police Forces here, but everywhere in the World too, they are all copycats of themselves.

I had once a jerk policeman drive behind me before the LA Fitness opened at 5:00 AM in their Parking Lot and ask me BOLDLY what I was doinn there, I was wearing gym clothes and warming up to the opening hr...I told him if you think I am doinn something wrong tell me, if not...I did not call you..I am here every week day at the same time and it should not be an issue with a policeman, he turned around and left, never saw him in there again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami