Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 04:02 PM

59 posts, read 76,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TannerMan View Post
Hispanics can be pale white, speak no spanish, and basically be the same thing as a "caucasian" man, same thing for women and especially children. The difference is sometimes non-existent.

This is true. However, it almost never happens... at least in Miami. I noticed a lot more white or caucasian women than men in the Brickell area. If you go out on to the 'hip' downtown bar scene, you will see very few whites, and almost no white men. Even when they are spotted, they don't look like they are having very much fun. South Beach is where white males are, not Breeee-kel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2008, 04:59 PM

483 posts, read 1,545,226 times
^^ right.....

Old 05-01-2008, 05:51 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,162,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoverandShaker2004 View Post
This is true. However, it almost never happens... at least in Miami. I noticed a lot more white or caucasian women than men in the Brickell area. If you go out on to the 'hip' downtown bar scene, you will see very few whites, and almost no white men. Even when they are spotted, they don't look like they are having very much fun. South Beach is where white males are, not Breeee-kel.
Are you talking white as opposed to black or white meaning wasp vs white non wasp?

I would clarify a little further also about the "men" in South Beach. They may be your white definition but they are also mostly not straight, or are just tourists.

Old 05-01-2008, 05:52 PM

1,308 posts, read 3,402,482 times
He's familiar with the Brickell area. He must know MiamiVice1985 well. They might even be related.

Old 05-01-2008, 05:55 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,909,323 times
I think it's his split personality. His other personalities like to hold Miami Vice fan club meetings.

Old 05-01-2008, 08:45 PM

What are these people talking about?

Old 05-01-2008, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
Are you talking white as opposed to black or white meaning wasp vs white non wasp?

I would clarify a little further also about the "men" in South Beach. They may be your white definition but they are also mostly not straight, or are just tourists.
The young lady was looking for a handsome young white male. I assume what she meant was professional white male that speaks English as a first language. That's a tall order on brickell ave. There are many more that fit into that category on South Beach. There are also tons more restaurants, bars and cultural venues on South Beach to gain exposure in a competitive dating climate. What do you mean by WASP?

Old 05-01-2008, 09:41 PM

A Miami born and raised hispanic man can speak perfect english be it his second language! Im also sure a Miami born and raised hispanic man can speak english better than spanish. Unless the man was born in another country but moved here at a young age still would speak perfect english but probaly just as good spanish. The same goes for Women.
Your description of the whole club scene and where white people go to is even more ridiculous. Its just not true, I myself frequent the Brickell/downtown area.

Old 05-01-2008, 10:17 PM

Ok, it's good for her to have a second opinion. I think she'll give a white non-hispanic opinion more merit more if she is a white non-hispanic woman seeking a white non-hispanic male, no disrespect. This is only becuase it is a different perspective if you are a minority, like I have been in Miami. It's not just about counting white faces in a bar, it is the general atmosphere, and speaking as a white male, there arent many white males who live on or like to frequent the Brickell area. FYI there are no clubs on Brickell, just bars and restaurants or both.

Old 05-01-2008, 10:34 PM

I am a white non-hispanic man!! when have I ever said otherwise?!?! And when have I said there were clubs in brickell too?!?! I said I frequent the area.
Its really not something I think about when i go out, I dont go out and check how much white people there are or how much black people there are at a bar. I just go and enjoy myself and with most hispanics you really cant know if they are hispanic or not unless you ask them their last name. Ive personally met alot of white "non-hispanic" people in Brickell and made good friends, if its really that important. But its not hard to see the area is bursting with young professionals and I'll venture out to say alot of them are white "non-hispanic"!!-----yes I did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: