Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2020, 05:48 AM

10,951 posts, read 3,694,174 times

Advertisements

Done with the 3 Ballots for us...Right around 7AM in a horrible Downpour I arrived at the Hammocks Center, I parked by the Tag office to walk under cover all the way to the library and there I had to wait for 2 other people in front of me turning their Ballots.

My ID was necessary proof for my vote, but since the other 2 ballots had the same return address, all went smooth.

Saw the line for the regular voters, rain and all it extended that early and under the rain all the way to The Ice Palace.

By the time I left , no more that 10 minutes The line for the people like me dropping their envelopes had increased easily to about a dozen voters.

Happy that all is in the works for this Election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2020, 06:53 AM

Wow !!! XPRESS Service, just 2 days, as of this early AM and On Line verified with the Board of Elections Miami Dade, Our 3 Votes received, processed and COUNTED !

The USPS nightmare stories did not apply to Us.

Old 10-22-2020, 02:01 PM

7,409 posts, read 6,550,878 times
Piece of cake....dropped off my ballot at the Coral Gables Library location. Figured it might be less crowded there than heading over to the Stephen P Clark Center....took all of 2 minutes with no line (but supporters for both candidates on the lawn--none with a gun, like the idiot in St Pete)....took me longer, about 3 minutes, driving around the library before I found a parking space in a nearby school lot across the street that a local Gables Police Officer allowed me to park in.

Old 10-22-2020, 04:01 PM

5,424 posts, read 3,490,487 times
Dropped off my filled in ballot today at the Pinecrest Public Library. I didn't have to wait or get out of my car. I drove around the half circle and handed my ballot and license to someone working there and she stamped it and gave me an "I voted" sticker. I watched as she dropped it into the collection box. I'll track it online in a few days.

There were a lot of people standing around with signs. Why do they bother this late in the game? If someone is going to vote in voting locations, you would think their minds were already made up??

Old 10-23-2020, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
Dropped off my filled in ballot today at the Pinecrest Public Library. I didn't have to wait or get out of my car. I drove around the half circle and handed my ballot and license to someone working there and she stamped it and gave me an "I voted" sticker. I watched as she dropped it into the collection box. I'll track it online in a few days.

There were a lot of people standing around with signs. Why do they bother this late in the game? If someone is going to vote in voting locations, you would think their minds were already made up??
Some spanish speaking lady aproached me Monday telling me (NOT ASKING) to vote for a local candidate I would not spend a dime in..I showed her my 3 ballot envelopes, and that is exactly what I told her: Demasiado Tarde Señora !!! (Too late Lady !!! )

bahawah

Old 10-23-2020, 09:14 AM

5,424 posts, read 3,490,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huasho View Post
Some spanish speaking lady aproached me Monday telling me (NOT ASKING) to vote for a local candidate I would not spend a dime in..I showed her my 3 ballot envelopes, and that is exactly what I told her: Demasiado Tarde Señora !!! (Too late Lady !!! )

bahawah
Yep, my envelope was already sealed. Did they think I was going to throw it away and ask for a new ballot? I suppose they try to convince those going in to vote who don't have the mailed one?

And I read complaints on Nextdoor that some of the poling places in Coral Gables and downtown don't have enough parking and poll workers and sign holders are using up all the parking. Oh what a wonderful world we live in! lol

And I thought you voted for someone named Demasiado Tarde Señora until I googled that! hahaha

Old 10-23-2020, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
Yep, my envelope was already sealed. Did they think I was going to throw it away and ask for a new ballot? I suppose they try to convince those going in to vote who don't have the mailed one?

And I read complaints on Nextdoor that some of the poling places in Coral Gables and downtown don't have enough parking and poll workers and sign holders are using up all the parking. Oh what a wonderful world we live in! lol

And I thought you voted for someone named Demasiado Tarde Señora until I googled that! hahaha
It takes all kinds...I am white as milk, european roots looks with black hair and almost no Gray in there at 70 yrs Old, in Miami they talk to me in Spanish when they see me coming, In Tarpon Springs, Fl, and Astoria in NY City in Greek, in Little Italy, NY in Italian and in Spain they hate me because my spanish is not castillian, therefore they know I am there from S America to Steal in the Stores, To Steal their Jobs and to cause chaos in their country...(In reality nothinn but a US Citizen there to further enrich their Tourism Industry, and they do not appreciate that ) What a Crock.

It IS what It Is !!!! In The USA we are better than a Melting Pot. In Spain a Bed Pan at best !!!!

Last edited by Huasho; 10-23-2020 at 04:19 PM..

Old 10-26-2020, 06:25 AM

9,364 posts, read 14,307,279 times
I never received a ballot in the mail, but I went to a local library late Sunday afternoon, more campaign and electoral staff than voters, all staff was patient and sweet as pie, everyone was wearing masks, plenty of hand sanitizer, no wait, a staffer printed the ballot, a few minutes to fill in, and out.

Old 10-26-2020, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
I never received a ballot in the mail, but I went to a local library late Sunday afternoon, more campaign and electoral staff than voters, all staff was patient and sweet as pie, everyone was wearing masks, plenty of hand sanitizer, no wait, a staffer printed the ballot, a few minutes to fill in, and out.

EZ Does It !!!

Old 11-11-2020, 04:38 AM

So...never again will I be using the USPS for mailing my ballots, I will walk them in SAFELY to the nearest polling place.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami