Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2020, 10:11 PM

16 posts, read 19,387 times

Advertisements

Hello!

My husband is seriously considering a job opportunity in Doral. We'd be moving from a much-lower cost of living area, so I'm feeling a bit anxious about housing prices. We've always wanted to downsize and not have much of a yard or upkeep on a house, so we're thinking this might be the time to look at a condo or townhome. However, we don't want to live somewhere where we're the only owner-occupants. Do full-time residents live in condos/townhomes in this area, or are they mainly used as vacation or full-time rentals?

Also, we have two middle schoolers. Are the schools in Doral good, or should we be investigating elsewhere?

Our budget is $400K tops.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2020, 08:30 AM

4,346 posts, read 7,828,936 times
Doral is not really a vacation destination. There are lots of owners who live in their homes. Renters, sure, but again, you will mostly find long term renters.

Old 11-14-2020, 09:16 AM

2,128 posts, read 2,356,603 times
Doral is known for good schools and is predominantly latin area. I Remember when I was living in a Marriott there when I 1st got transferred that the cashier's didn't speak English. I thought "wow, this will be a change". We moved to South Beach though as Doral wasn't for us (no kids at the time either).

Doral has grown a lot since then - the 'downtown' is very nice, the 826 expressway construction finally finished, more restaurants are in town (chipotle finally!) and homes are 'affordable' as far as Miami goes. $400k might not get you a single family but it will get you a nice 3 bed townhome with a garage and possible lake view, not far from Dolphin Mall/Ikea/Top Golf!

Old 11-14-2020, 12:28 PM

16 posts, read 19,387 times
Thank you so much to both of you! This is very helpful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami