Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2021, 09:33 AM

76 posts, read 99,753 times

Advertisements

I'm starting to think that Icon is what I'm looking for. I'm looking for Bachelor pad.

From what heard from Icon:

1-There's lots of college students or recent grads.
2-There's a nightclub in the 50th floor.
3-They have a flexible airbnb policies.

It seems like its what I'm looking for, however, I'd like to hear from you guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2021, 11:23 AM

8,726 posts, read 7,413,224 times
1 - Depends on the tower, but I would say for (I forget which towers exactly) it is younger people but plenty of non-younger as well just from my casual observation, one of the towers is expensive as hell, the only college and recent grads living off family money will be there. But I would not get so fixated on this, it is not a retirement village.

2-Yes, a night club....lounge, bar

3 - no, only one tower allows short term rentals, and I believe that is the $4000/mth and up tower, the others do not allow anything under six months.

Old 02-13-2021, 03:24 PM

126 posts, read 219,881 times
I have stayed there multiple times using AirBnb. The only one of the three towers is tower 3(?) which is adjacent to the W hotel closest to Brickell Ave has short term AirBnb rentals. It is nice enough iwith modern kitchens, open floor plan and plenty of glass for great views. I however wouldn't consider living/buying in that tower long term because of the AirBnb factor. The lobby is always busy with people coming in and out with luggage and waiting to check in. It feels very much like a hotel. For a short term rental it would make a great bachelor pad if you want a place on the water/river. Another perk is seeing all the party yachts coming in and out of the mouth of the river.

I have been in the lobby of tower 1 which is the one closest to the bay which does not allow short termers. The lobby and the outside valet area does have a very "clubby" feel. Would have been nice for me decades ago but not quite my speed any more.

Old 02-13-2021, 03:40 PM

76 posts, read 99,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr8999 View Post
I have stayed there multiple times using AirBnb. The only one of the three towers is tower 3(?) which is adjacent to the W hotel closest to Brickell Ave has short term AirBnb rentals. It is nice enough iwith modern kitchens, open floor plan and plenty of glass for great views. I however wouldn't consider living/buying in that tower long term because of the AirBnb factor. The lobby is always busy with people coming in and out with luggage and waiting to check in. It feels very much like a hotel. For a short term rental it would make a great bachelor pad if you want a place on the water/river. Another perk is seeing all the party yachts coming in and out of the mouth of the river.

I have been in the lobby of tower 1 which is the one closest to the bay which does not allow short termers. The lobby and the outside valet area does have a very "clubby" feel. Would have been nice for me decades ago but not quite my speed any more.
I see. It actually sounds like what I'm looking for somewhere to stay for half the year and rent it for the other half. On that note, since how is the guest policy? I'm guessing since they allow Airbnb they are flexible?

Old 02-14-2021, 07:42 PM

2,128 posts, read 2,356,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamRanger View Post
I see. It actually sounds like what I'm looking for somewhere to stay for half the year and rent it for the other half. On that note, since how is the guest policy? I'm guessing since they allow Airbnb they are flexible?
Only 1 tower is flexible. One tower is 3 month min and one tower is 4 (might be 6 now) month min.

Yes its a Bachelor/ette pad. SLS Lux or standard SLS would be choices 2/3 for Brickell.

HOA fees can be steep though for all that you get (cable internet, the amenities, etc).

The lower floor 'river' units are great buys because you get high ceilings and water views from both rooms.

Good luck in your search!

Old 02-16-2021, 07:08 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,107,880 times
I spent a week there last February when my husband was getting his Sommelier certification and he had to be in Miami.

We stayed in a friend's unit. It was above t he 40th floor and had one of the double window ceiling height. We were on the 43rd floor with twenty foot windows that wrapped two walls of the unit. The views were insane! The Everglades to the Atlantic with Star, Hibiscus, South Beach, port, downtown, etc views.

Pool deck is flat out sick. A three hundred foot long heated pool, a pool sized hot tub, and a smaller, unheated pool.

If I lived in Miami I would live in that building for sure and I'm in my fifties.

Old 02-17-2021, 06:56 PM

2,128 posts, read 2,356,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
I spent a week there last February when my husband was getting his Sommelier certification and he had to be in Miami.

We stayed in a friend's unit. It was above t he 40th floor and had one of the double window ceiling height. We were on the 43rd floor with twenty foot windows that wrapped two walls of the unit. The views were insane! The Everglades to the Atlantic with Star, Hibiscus, South Beach, port, downtown, etc views.

Pool deck is flat out sick. A three hundred foot long heated pool, a pool sized hot tub, and a smaller, unheated pool.

If I lived in Miami I would live in that building for sure and I'm in my fifties.
Yeah its pretty special! The pool deck is the best in Brickell, the Spa is incredible (and unnecessary but still incredible) , great on-site restaurant, sunrise Yoga on the deck by the water, etc.

You definitely pay for the lifestyle but the units are very nice too, its not run down or full of craziness by any means.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami