Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2021, 08:39 AM

32 posts, read 33,474 times

Advertisements

Thinking of moving to miami. I understanding everything in the area that is walking distance to the beach is a highrise condo? Specifically wanted to ask about the sunny isles area.
Are there any buildings that dont have overbearing hoa that could tell me to wear a mask in the building lobby or building gym? I have absolutely no desire to communicate with any HOA beyond my paying fees to use amenities such as a gym. I also see no benefits from any doormen or any other hired help that intrudes into my private life. In ny where I am from, outside of the city in long island beachfront communities these issues do not arise since everybody owns a house. Is there a way to avoid nyc type HOA issues in miami area? Thanks)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2021, 09:03 AM

4,346 posts, read 7,834,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackTee View Post
Thinking of moving to miami. I understanding everything in the area that is walking distance to the beach is a highrise condo? Specifically wanted to ask about the sunny isles area.
Are there any buildings that dont have overbearing hoa that could tell me to wear a mask in the building lobby or building gym? I have absolutely no desire to communicate with any HOA beyond my paying fees to use amenities such as a gym. I also see no benefits from any doormen or any other hired help that intrudes into my private life. In ny where I am from, outside of the city in long island beachfront communities these issues do not arise since everybody owns a house. Is there a way to avoid nyc type HOA issues in miami area? Thanks)
Buy a single family house that doesn't have HOA

Although a single family house in Sunny Isles area would be quite pricey, and most likely will have the HOA.

Without HOA - you will need to look inland.

Old 02-17-2021, 10:51 AM

2,006 posts, read 3,322,190 times
If you're looking for ordinary apartments, no lobby, your own apartment door opens directly to the outside, close to the beach --- there are many in North Beach and a few in Bal Harbour and Surfside.

Old 02-17-2021, 11:59 AM

Thank you for the replies. So if I were to live in a condo and dont want to run into issues with HOA, the least problematic would be the condos that allow airbnb(then they are also less likely to get into my business overall)? And the areas along the coast that have normal apt or something similar to a townhouse or sfh are bal harbor and surfside. How do those compare with sunny isles in terms of beach, restaurants, nightlife. Thanks)

Old 02-17-2021, 12:12 PM

2,916 posts, read 1,516,813 times
You should listen to this song when you get there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwBS6QGsH_4

Old 02-17-2021, 06:54 PM

2,128 posts, read 2,359,490 times
Quote:
Single Family homes allow you to walk to the beach. $800k to $6ML right now.

Poinciana Island has townhomes /condos 2000 sq ft+ starting at $525k. You can walk across the street to the beach, its not a high rise but is run by an HOA with a guard at the island entrance (but no real lobby to worry about). Could still walk everywhere too. HOA fees are about $800/mo which is cheap for 2000 sq ft+. Tennis, boating, and other amenities on site.

Otherwise, you're looking at mostly high rises in Sunny Isles. Yes, they're going to tell you to mask up in the lobby. Unless you buy at Porche Tower and have your car brought up to the unit with you inside

Old 02-18-2021, 08:04 AM

Thank you, and that's interesting to know about ponciana! I just checked that listing online and it looks good. But what's not good is the inventory for this ponciana neighborhood seems very low. So at any given time the prices might fluctuate not to my advantage especially since I haven't had time to visit.

What I find most difficult to decide is highrise vs something like this. Ponciana is definitely walking distance to the beach and it looks private enough that no one would bother me with masks. But since all the beach chairs belong to the beachfront buildings I would then have to lie on a towel whereas highrise residents could have their drinks right on the beach? But it is definitely rare to find that degree of privacy for the price. How do people decide on highrise vs this type of townhouse? My other question is are there nightclubs within walking distance of sunny isles or everything is in downtown/south beach?

Old 02-18-2021, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Middleton View Post
Single Family homes allow you to walk to the beach. $800k to $6ML right now.

Poinciana Island has townhomes /condos 2000 sq ft+ starting at $525k. You can walk across the street to the beach, its not a high rise but is run by an HOA with a guard at the island entrance (but no real lobby to worry about). Could still walk everywhere too. HOA fees are about $800/mo which is cheap for 2000 sq ft+. Tennis, boating, and other amenities on site.

Otherwise, you're looking at mostly high rises in Sunny Isles. Yes, they're going to tell you to mask up in the lobby. Unless you buy at Porche Tower and have your car brought up to the unit with you inside
I am pretty sure you must get out of the car before it gets into the car elevator.

Old 02-18-2021, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Thank you, and that's interesting to know about ponciana! I just checked that listing online and it looks good. But what's not good is the inventory for this ponciana neighborhood seems very low. So at any given time the prices might fluctuate not to my advantage especially since I haven't had time to visit.

What I find most difficult to decide is highrise vs something like this. Ponciana is definitely walking distance to the beach and it looks private enough that no one would bother me with masks. But since all the beach chairs belong to the beachfront buildings I would then have to lie on a towel whereas highrise residents could have their drinks right on the beach? But it is definitely rare to find that degree of privacy for the price. How do people decide on highrise vs this type of townhouse? My other question is are there nightclubs within walking distance of sunny isles or everything is in downtown/south beach?

There aren't nightclubs in Sunny Isles. You could think of the spendy Russian restaurant Lique as sort of a nightclub... but that's not walking distance.

Old 02-18-2021, 08:29 PM

2,128 posts, read 2,359,490 times
Quote:

Don't worry about inventory levels, there will always be places. No one in Miami is ever happy, they're constantly moving around which is why we love selling real estate, constant turnover!

I believe Poinciana provides some sort of beach club access. If they don't, then you'd have to get the carts on wheels and push it to the beach with your stuff on it (chairs, umbrellas, etc.) they sell them at places like Costco and everything fits on it, has big tires for when you hit the sand and makes life easy. But i get it, you want it all there for you. Miami doesn't have private beaches or beach clubs to speak of like they do in Naples/Bonita Springs on the other coast where you take a trolley (or drive your car) right to the private beach parking lot and ask the beach attendant for your free chairs/towels/water/umbrellas

Well, Fisher Island has that too in Miami Beach, just a tad pricier!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami