Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 08:34 AM

71 posts, read 141,814 times

Advertisements

I am considering purchasing a new construction home in a new development in Broward County (Miramar area). To better illustrate it, think of the following as even lots, with the exception of A, C, H, and D with bigger lots (extra 1000 sf, with a 10k premium):

/[community pool] / LOT A / LOT B / LOT C /

/ LOT D / LOT E / LOT F / LOT G / LOT H /

Having kids, the extra space in sf sounds appealing to me. In weighing the pro's and cons, living in lot A or D is like having your 'own pool in your backyard' without worrying about maintenance (it has low HOAs ~ $120). The cons would be the potential noise associated with it.

Does anyone live in a similar scenario? For resale value, would LOT A or D be best compared to C or H?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2013, 09:37 AM

3,848 posts, read 9,318,831 times
Is C or H a corner lot?

I personally probably wouldn't buy next to the community pool, simply for the noise factor. I would imagine there may be a clubhouse there, too, which would play host to private events as well which would be another negative for me.

Old 03-10-2013, 12:26 PM

261 posts, read 703,934 times
^^^Seconded

Old 03-10-2013, 01:07 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,819,671 times
I third it.

Old 03-10-2013, 01:22 PM

984 posts, read 4,314,480 times
Completely agreed.

I actually lived for a while in a low # floor in a building, just one floor up from the pool but right in front of it. The noise on weekends was nearly unbearable, during the week and in some nights there was noise sometimes (but much less) was well, and one or two times criminal incidents happened and that was handed over to the P.D. It attracts (a little, and that depends) people smoking illegal substances at night, as a sort of a hangout. And that was in the Brickell area in a new high-rise.

Old 03-10-2013, 02:33 PM

600 posts, read 753,783 times
The noise level really depends on the area where you live, but, in your case, it's a new construction so you won't know till it's actually built and you know what neighbors you will have. In this case, I would not buy a place right next to a community pool. You might want to buy a little further away from the pool.

Old 03-10-2013, 04:14 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,448,766 times
I think it depends on the community. Typically new construction means younger families with kids. I wouldn't buy next to the community pool. Lot H or Lot C if you had to buy on this street is probably what I would buy.

Old 03-10-2013, 04:27 PM

71 posts, read 141,814 times
thanks for the replies.
Yeah, they are single family homes and lots C, D and H are corner lots. The community is not too big , but i certainly get what you say.

From a resale point of view, if you were looking for a home with a pool and see a home with a community pool right behind you, that you don't have to maintain; would that deter you from buying it? I mean, would you prefer it a mile away or right next to you?

Also, could someone explain the southern/northern exposure here in FL??... What do people look for in here - I am relatively new to FL

Thanks again!

Old 03-10-2013, 04:35 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,318,831 times
Out of all those lots I would pick H then. If there are events going on at the pool (clubhouse?) and there's not enough parking they would probably end up in front of C and that would bother me.

If somebody is looking for a home with a pool I doubt the community pool would make a difference to them no matter where it was located. The big plus for having your own pool is you don't have to share it and you can go in any time you want.

As for exposure, for the most part in a single family home people tend to overlook it if they like the house. Personally I like an eastern and southern exposure in my main living spaces, but if I absolutely loved a house and it wasn't laid out like that then I would still probably buy it. A condo, no, but a house, yes.

Old 03-10-2013, 07:29 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,738,096 times
I would never buy property in a "community" for any price. Not worth the hassle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: