Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2021, 08:50 AM

3 posts, read 3,065 times

Advertisements

I want to do a quick course on something that can help me open the doors to some great job opportunities, my thing is that even knowing 2 languages it's been quite difficult to find a good paying decent Job.

I work in retail and most people around me say that why the heck am I working there if I know two languages, I am also computer savvy.

The point is that it has been super difficult to find something good, maybe since I don't have a lot of job experience, I really don't know, but I need to get out of that hole and do something that will change my life in that sense.

I was thinking a license in Auto insurance or a CAM (Property management), but I am not sure these are are worth it?!! Any Ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2021, 11:53 AM

9,367 posts, read 14,309,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lailylopez View Post
I was thinking a license in Auto insurance or a CAM (Property management), but I am not sure these are are worth it?!! Any Ideas?
I'm not sure, but perhaps "Supply Chain Management Fundamentals" and "Distribution and Logistics Management" have better potential: more practical and less competition.

Can't hurt to check it out.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck!

Old 06-09-2021, 08:26 PM

233 posts, read 230,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lailylopez View Post
I want to do a quick course on something that can help me open the doors to some great job opportunities, my thing is that even knowing 2 languages it's been quite difficult to find a good paying decent Job.

I work in retail and most people around me say that why the heck am I working there if I know two languages, I am also computer savvy.

The point is that it has been super difficult to find something good, maybe since I don't have a lot of job experience, I really don't know, but I need to get out of that hole and do something that will change my life in that sense.

You need jobs like this https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=09...7gs8qctu6oq807

I am assuming that one of your languages is Spanish (or Portuguese). I am cognizant of the fact that this position requires a set of pre-requisites and experience, including business level Spanish and tact interacting with high network clients. So take this as a starting point to investigate this field a bit further.

Old 06-10-2021, 06:22 PM

7,728 posts, read 12,622,010 times
I encourage you to talk to a counselor at Miami-Dade College or peruse over their career programs website. They have tons of certificate and licensed programs you can take in various fields where you can get certified sometimes in 6 months or less in a field that would garner you a job making over 30 an hour.

Old 06-10-2021, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgator View Post
You need jobs like this https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=09...7gs8qctu6oq807

I am assuming that one of your languages is Spanish (or Portuguese). I am cognizant of the fact that this position requires a set of pre-requisites and experience, including business level Spanish and tact interacting with high network clients. So take this as a starting point to investigate this field a bit further.
This would be more of a junior-level position (compared to the quoted above) but still requires a few years of financial services experience (but they are quite generic about this requirement)

https://jobs.fidelity.com/job-detail...area-miami-fl/

Quote:
CLIENT MANAGEMENT REPRESENTATIVE – GREATER MIAMI, FL AREA
Certifications:
Series 07 – FINRA, Series 66 – FINRA
So I would start with a job as a teller to build up your experience in the financial services industry while you study the materials of Series 66 exam. Then start applying to the types of jobs cited above once you fulfill the prerequisites and feel ready to take the next step.

https://lensa.com/head-teller-miami-...4c852c222bb699

Quote:
Head Teller (Miami-Brickell Ave/Bilingual Spanish)

Last edited by mechgator; 06-10-2021 at 07:18 PM..

Old 07-10-2021, 03:45 PM

https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=71...a8g72n0ubh080c

Quote:
Relationship Banker-Little Havana Financial Center-Miami Gables Market-Miami/FL-Spanish Language Required
*Experience in financial services and knowledge of financial services industry, products and solutions.
*One year of demonstrated successful sales experience in a salary plus incentive environment with individual sales goals.
*Six months of cash handling experience.
*Bachelor’s degree or business relevant associate degree such as business management, business administration, or finance.
Came across this entry-level position which can be performed by someone with some retail sales experience and with just AA in business or finance degree. Good stepping stone position for something substantial later on.

Old 07-10-2021, 04:07 PM

9,132 posts, read 6,185,387 times
OP: "The point is that it has been super difficult to find something good, maybe since I don't have a lot of job experience, I really don't know, but I need to get out of that hole and do something that will change my life in that sense."

At your age, 32, employers expect job experience. When you say you don't have experience, do you mean you don't have long-term employment with a single employer or were you out of the work force for an extended period of time?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami