Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2021, 07:49 PM

18,434 posts, read 8,268,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Middleton View Post
Obviously I meant an alarming Sea Level Rise. Your point on here for the last 2-3 years is that Sea Level rise is not a concern, that it always rises, its not rising any faster, and global warming (if it even exists), has no effect on that.

I thought that point was clear but apparently it was not.
Marc, you're a grown man...why are you posting like some kid?

I never posted it's not a concern....

Quote:
Aside from Sea Level Rise (which I'm sure Corrie will come on & say isn't real),
Quote:
I said in my post that you would come on here after I posted that long reply and say Sea Level rise isn't real and that's exactly what you did. You walked right in to it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2021, 09:37 PM

87 posts, read 58,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkertinker View Post
I moved here in January from the upper Midwest. Once May hit, I was anticipating some major heat. But each month I am pleasantly surprised that it's not as hot as I thought it would be in the summers.

Now don't get me wrong, I am not saying that it's my favorite temps in the summer, but I was expecting hell on Earth. Like just an oppressive horrible heat. Especially being that I don't have a car and do everything by foot

I understand I am at an advantage that I live in Miami Beach on West Avenue. So I get the sea breezes. But I have spent some time inland and while I notice it is hotter, I still don't find it to be as oppressive and horrible as I thought it would be. I was expecting that when you walk out it feels like you walk out to a steam room.

Again, I do a lot outside stuff daily by foot, grocery shopping, the gym, picking up food, etc., and it's been rare where I am like "this heat is horrible." Do I get sweaty, sure, but again not as bad as I thought. I even spent two days in the Everglades this month, and yes it was hot, but I was able to do plenty outside, sweaty and all. I thought Miami summers were going to be what I felt once when I went to Arizona in August. That felt like I was walking outside to an oven. I haven't had that feeling here.

I have been told that August is the worst month by far. I found June to be the worst, not because of the heat but because it was more gloomy than I would like.

Has this been a typical summer or a cooler one? I just don't feel like it's been that horrible. I find the heat in the summer in NYC and DC to be a lot more oppressive than down here. Heck there are days where it's hotter in Chicago than it is here in the summer.
-It’s not that hot. But we have summer weather April through mid November/December so Florida has a hot reputation.
-I think it’s rained more this summer.

Old 08-20-2021, 06:36 AM

10,951 posts, read 3,692,815 times
It's been HOTTER than a Tin roof the 2nd part of August....My A/C only 3 yrs old it's having a hard time around 3-4 PM the last couple of days and for a FEW Hrs into the evening of running at 77 and not taking a break for an hr.

I had the unit checked in the Spring an all came back in good shape, now I am not alone on this, 2 of my close neighbors are also having the same problem, we just hope the rains come back soon and that way the days cool off a good bit, September is around the corner and soon the cooling will start coming back by October.

Greetings..BTW I washed the car today earlier, that means it will rain on my clean vehicle today fer sure..It never fails. Specially when I pay to have it done.

Old 08-30-2021, 12:24 PM

The INTENSE Heat of a few days back has dissipated with the rains, I knew It would...Today it's been raining for a couple of hrs. and outside is just FINE.

I hope September comes with a better attitude, we are getting to the END of the Crazy Season, Let's Hope it stays on the same Tune for the rest of 2021

Old 08-31-2021, 12:03 PM

1,260 posts, read 944,876 times
I've been in Chicago since last Wednesday visiting family and still here. Believe it or not, Wednesday - Sunday were Miami hot weather, but I actually found it hotter and found myself sweating more.

But to make up for that, it's now been in the 70s until the rest of my stay so I am enjoying the 70s weather for now, but can't wait to get back to Miami to swim in the ocean and get in the pool.

Old 08-31-2021, 01:49 PM

604 posts, read 618,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huasho View Post
It's been HOTTER than a Tin roof the 2nd part of August....My A/C only 3 yrs old it's having a hard time around 3-4 PM the last couple of days and for a FEW Hrs into the evening of running at 77 and not taking a break for an hr.

I had the unit checked in the Spring an all came back in good shape, now I am not alone on this, 2 of my close neighbors are also having the same problem, we just hope the rains come back soon and that way the days cool off a good bit, September is around the corner and soon the cooling will start coming back by October.

Greetings..BTW I washed the car today earlier, that means it will rain on my clean vehicle today fer sure..It never fails. Specially when I pay to have it done.
Assuming you have an attic, when you can, do check insulation and look for duct leaks up there. I did last winter and had a few surprises.

Old 08-31-2021, 03:12 PM

Tks for the Tip....Way too hot to even stick my head in there, but soon I will be able to do so . . .

Old 09-02-2021, 10:12 AM

September has arrived and I can smell and taste the cooler air getting here in a few weeks..It will be another Season in Paradise, Guaranteed !!!

Old 09-02-2021, 07:50 PM

216 posts, read 271,858 times
If you live within a few miles of the Atlantic it makes a huge difference.

Old 09-02-2021, 07:54 PM

13,615 posts, read 7,927,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkertinker View Post
I've been in Chicago since last Wednesday visiting family and still here. Believe it or not, Wednesday - Sunday were Miami hot weather, but I actually found it hotter and found myself sweating more.
I visited Chicago back in July. We went to Lincoln Park Zoo one day (July 5th to be exact), and it was just as hot and humid as anything I’ve experienced in Florida or South Alabama. As a matter of fact, I checked the temperature of my hometown in Alabama that day, and it was hotter in Chicago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami