Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 04:44 PM

464 posts, read 1,357,631 times

Advertisements

ok, i know i posted 'the jaded image of miami', but at the same time Im just not too happy about wanting to leave....I feel like Im being forced to leave. At this point, the move is 90% definent. My apartment lease im not renewing...but have the option to stay with a friend.

I've wanted to live here for 15 years..and I finally was able to. So I accomplished what I wanted to do.

But am I wrong to realize that there are some flaws here? I dont want the "Every City has problems" phrase/cliche. Yea thats true but there may be some obstacles that exist only in certain cities.

So, what do you think? Do I sound jaded enoguh to leave, or am I not ready quite yet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2008, 04:51 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,841,786 times
I say leave ASAP, especially since you have the chance to. You wanted it, you got it, you hate it, and now you at least know!

Old 05-15-2008, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
I say leave ASAP, especially since you have the chance to. You wanted it, you got it, you hate it, and now you at least know!
Thats actually the best logic I've heard in regards to this. Good idea LOL

Old 05-15-2008, 07:32 PM

763 posts, read 3,526,100 times
No one can tell you "stay" or "leave", that's your own decision. Everyone has their views of Miami, whether good or bad. Personally, I love living in Miami, so I don't ever plan on leaving, but only you can answer whether or not you want to stay here. My best suggestion I can give you is make a pros and cons list and think of what you like and dislike about Miami and ditto for the city you plan on leaving. I know it might sound stupid, but it actually helps lol. Best of luck and I hope you make the decision that will make you happy!

Old 05-15-2008, 07:49 PM

1,955 posts, read 5,259,485 times
I didn't read your other thread (just came back to this forum after some time away).

I would recommend leaving, as I personally think it's a great experience for people to try living in various places. It's very eye-opening and character-building.

I live in North Carolina (the end all and be all for a lot of unhappy Floridians), and I do like it here, but if I suddenly became interested in living somewhere else and had the opportunity to do it, I would move. I would even like to try living in Miami if I had a bit more money to afford the lifestyle I want. I'd like to live in France or Spain too, but that would be further down the road...I'm working on it.

So, if you have the opportunity and want to move, do it! What's to stop you from coming back to visit Miami?

As usual, compelled's few lines speak words of wisdom.

Old 05-15-2008, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneOne View Post
I didn't read your other thread (just came back to this forum after some time away).

I would recommend leaving, as I personally think it's a great experience for people to try living in various places. It's very eye-opening and character-building.

I live in North Carolina (the end all and be all for a lot of unhappy Floridians), and I do like it here, but if I suddenly became interested in living somewhere else and had the opportunity to do it, I would move. I would even like to try living in Miami if I had a bit more money to afford the lifestyle I want. I'd like to live in France or Spain too, but that would be further down the road...I'm working on it.

So, if you have the opportunity and want to move, do it! What's to stop you from coming back to visit Miami?

As usual, compelled's few lines speak words of wisdom.
yea...i think moving different places also prevents someone from saying, "you people in (fill the blank) always act like (fill the blank)"

Old 05-15-2008, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinkagy View Post
No one can tell you "stay" or "leave", that's your own decision. Everyone has their views of Miami, whether good or bad. Personally, I love living in Miami, so I don't ever plan on leaving, but only you can answer whether or not you want to stay here. My best suggestion I can give you is make a pros and cons list and think of what you like and dislike about Miami and ditto for the city you plan on leaving. I know it might sound stupid, but it actually helps lol. Best of luck and I hope you make the decision that will make you happy!
Sorry Kev but im at the point where I cant decide...thats why I need opinions LOL. But you are definently right about that though. As far as the list...I can consider, but its so hard even knowing the mental list I already made

Old 05-15-2008, 10:58 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,863,208 times
I personally think you should move, you have been looking forward to moving but now that you actually have the chance you are just having second thoughts. It is completely normal, but unless you take the leap you are going to end up feeling trapped and hating Miami altogether. Leave, try something new.. who knows maybe you'll find yourself back there.. maybe somewhere completely different.

Old 05-15-2008, 11:55 PM

1 posts, read 1,875 times
wow, I had to join the forum tonight so I could reply to this thread. I moved to Miami in 2004 after I met what I thought was my dream girl while on vacation there. Everything was great in Miami because I had her with me. And then in late 2007 we broke up after 3 years together and she up and moved to Los Angeles and I was stuck in Miami with all the bills (rent, car payment, insurance, utilities), broken heart, and a job I hated. It took me 6 months to get together enough money to move back home to Ohio. But during that 6 months I felt trapped in Miami and not sure what I even wanted to do. Leaving Miami and all those memories behind was the best thing to do if not for myself, but for my sanity. And by going by the general tone of your post I think you should leave also and start fresh somewhere else. Anyway good luck!

Old 05-16-2008, 01:14 AM

16,265 posts, read 43,063,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbaneAspects View Post
ok, i know i posted 'the jaded image of miami', but at the same time Im just not too happy about wanting to leave....I feel like Im being forced to leave. At this point, the move is 90% definent. My apartment lease im not renewing...but have the option to stay with a friend.

I've wanted to live here for 15 years..and I finally was able to. So I accomplished what I wanted to do.

But am I wrong to realize that there are some flaws here? I dont want the "Every City has problems" phrase/cliche. Yea thats true but there may be some obstacles that exist only in certain cities.

So, what do you think? Do I sound jaded enoguh to leave, or am I not ready quite yet?
From what little I can tell from the other thread, it seemed like you like every aspect of living in Miami, except you couldnt afford your apartment.

To me, it seems like you'll have to find a less expensive apartment or take up that offer and move in with your friend.

If you picked and moved tomorrow to Texas or wherever, do you have a job all lined up and waiting there that is saying 'take me', or are you just moving to move to see what happens job-wise over there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami