Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 03:14 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,197,572 times

Advertisements

They offered us olde timers a pkg to leave.. saying 'you can stay, as long as you do your job'.. That was all I needed to hear. To me that meant 'stay and we will make sure you leave with no pkg'. They had already done away with some jobs held by long time employees, just to get rid of the older worker.

Hope you are happy where you are now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2008, 07:13 PM

58 posts, read 228,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
They offered us olde timers a pkg to leave.. saying 'you can stay, as long as you do your job'.. That was all I needed to hear. To me that meant 'stay and we will make sure you leave with no pkg'. They had already done away with some jobs held by long time employees, just to get rid of the older worker.

Hope you are happy where you are now.
Thank you for the kind wish. You were smart to catch their drift.

I am currently looking. I am trying to apply somewhere to get the oh-so-important experience that I need. It seems that companies value work at the Big 4 (used to be 8) more than anything else, which is why I am looking at the rest of my life very pessimistically (I had less than a year). I never expected to encounter the environment that I did. I did not fit in there one bit and it became apparent very quickly.

Old 05-28-2008, 02:23 PM

36 posts, read 111,206 times
Default U of M

I believe the largest employer in South Florida may still be American Airlines, although not for long I am sure. Years ago, the second largest employer was the Univ of Miami; I worked there for a number of years and I liked it a lot. The only drawback was their ridiculously low pay and very costly health insurance (at the time).

The worst, by far, employers would have to be government given the insane corruption (I also know this from experience).

Old 05-29-2008, 11:08 AM

245 posts, read 1,171,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illini84 View Post
The City of Miami

thanks for staying on topic..

FLORIDA STATE

Old 06-03-2010, 12:22 PM

1 posts, read 1,488 times
"optime consulting"... a leading high tech marketing consulting group... "optime consulting" dont pay the way it should be, "optime consulting" brings immigrants and pay them less of what it should be and they exploit them making them work hours extra. One other thing I heard is that "optime consulting" dont pay their contractors when a job delivered to their clients doesnt go through...

Old 06-03-2010, 05:47 PM

470 posts, read 1,193,549 times
I gotta say,
some of the city commission.

It's a shame how some projects have gone down the dump or just havn't finished yet. Especially how important some are. It's incredibly ridicoulous.

It's also a shame, how some of the projects had to do with black communities, one I'm talking about mainly is the Overtown Renaissance project, and the black people in the commission in charge of the project completely f'd it up. I couldn't believe, it's such a shame. If there's one thing I could change about Miami, and that includes it's employers, it would definetely be some of the commission.

Some projects are so important, and some havn't even broke ground yet. It's a shame, especially when someone of your own race that works for the city and is in charge would not want the best, not just for the communities of your same race, but all communities, the whole city, and all the population. I really want that changed.

Old 06-03-2010, 08:18 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,423,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valwpcc9w6 View Post
Wow, 20 years! People are leaving the firm, including those who were long-time regulars. I had a horrible experience there. In fact, back when I left, four of us quit within a month.

I will not argue with those who are "drinking the Kool-Aid" and saying it's the best place, but I have never met so many arrogant, backstabbing, and self-centered people in my life. There are exceptions, obviously, but most of them are the way I describe them.
What types of business are those?

Old 06-08-2010, 10:40 PM

535 posts, read 1,411,029 times
I must say most Mickey Mousse businesses based on Miami... they pay very little, no benefits, no raise, no paid holidays, lack of advancement, they want you to work like a super speed robot and they don't treat their employees right.

As you all know, Miami is based on Mickey Mousse businesses or Latin American countries business extensions, which they bring their 3rd world mentality to this country. The best advice is to graduate from a really good school, leave Miami for good and find a job in a TRUE & SERIOUS company that gives you benefits, advancement and respect

Old 06-09-2010, 02:07 PM

470 posts, read 1,193,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina1686 View Post
I must say most Mickey Mousse businesses based on Miami... they pay very little, no benefits, no raise, no paid holidays, lack of advancement, they want you to work like a super speed robot and they don't treat their employees right.

As you all know, Miami is based on Mickey Mousse businesses or Latin American countries business extensions, which they bring their 3rd world mentality to this country. The best advice is to graduate from a really good school, leave Miami for good and find a job in a TRUE & SERIOUS company that gives you benefits, advancement and respect
Wow, is that all you know how to say? You repeated Mickey Mouse businesses twice. All your posts are the same. I don't think anybody takes your posts seriously at all, and I think you are just on here to troll and bash Miami incorrectly.

And 3rd world mentality? Are you trying to say all Latin countries are 3rd world and that all Latin people are ghetto? I think at least that line should be deleted, I'm not even Latin and was offended by that.

Old 06-09-2010, 09:45 PM

535 posts, read 1,411,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLee1 View Post
Wow, is that all you know how to say? You repeated Mickey Mouse businesses twice. All your posts are the same. I don't think anybody takes your posts seriously at all, and I think you are just on here to troll and bash Miami incorrectly.

And 3rd world mentality? Are you trying to say all Latin countries are 3rd world and that all Latin people are ghetto? I think at least that line should be deleted, I'm not even Latin and was offended by that.
Probably you are a Coral Gables guy and you don't know what I'm talking about... get a job from a Cuban ref who brings all their bull^&*% from Cuba... you'll understand what I'm talking about

Working for an American based company it's not the same from a Hispanic ref based business, no matter what field, they still thinking like they were in their country
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami