Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2022, 10:14 AM

43 posts, read 238,830 times

Advertisements

Do residents of Miami have a choice in Internet Service or are they contracted to a particular company, or run their own? Looking for recommendations. Prefer a company without scammy contracts that double the price after a year and has decent customer service and speed. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2022, 08:09 PM

6 posts, read 10,700 times
From what I've researched, it really depends on if you live in a condo building or a house. I believe the house depends vastly on where you live and what ISPs have their infrastructure set up in that neighborhood. Most condo buildings have contracts set up with individual ISPs to service the entire building.

Bottom line - there are multiple companies in Miami, but you may be limited to one option depending on where you target.

Old 02-11-2022, 09:40 AM

1,947 posts, read 3,320,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaGirl View Post
Do residents of Miami have a choice in Internet Service or are they contracted to a particular company, or run their own? Looking for recommendations. Prefer a company without scammy contracts that double the price after a year and has decent customer service and speed. Thanks in advance.
I have AT&T at the bldg. I am renting in. Only internet service. I don't watch tv. It's like $50+ per month.

Old 02-11-2022, 09:46 AM

7,407 posts, read 6,537,276 times
I have a choice in my building and use Webpass. The reason why I have a choice is that my particular building does not include free internet service (only free basic DirecTV). Some other buildings include free internet, at which point you go with the vendor of their choosing. Possible you might have a choice, but why pay an extra $60/mo or whatever for a different provider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaGirl View Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami