Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2008, 09:06 PM

450 posts, read 1,198,998 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone I am visitig starting this week and was wondering some of the nice but not expensive resturant I should visit, maybe like a nice Cuban or other ethnic restuarant and also a nice club thats not full of college kids...if anyone has any other suggestions I would appreciate them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2008, 09:04 AM

2,517 posts, read 11,015,853 times
a nice club without so many kids is expensive to get in, have a few drinks. There really is no inexpensive nice club out there.

You definitely need to check "BIG PINK" out on South Beach in the "south of 5th" neighborhood. VERY good food, a A LOT OF IT...different and interesting menu items like Churasco wraps and the like. The place is ALWAYS Packed...but is definitely a place to visit while in Miami. It is owned by the same owner that owns Nemo and other really good restaurants. Just check out the Wrap menu here : BigPink (broken link) The rest of the menu is on the website below. Be warned though...if your coming for breakfast on the weekends, expect a 20-30 minute wait unless you get their early.

BIG PINK : Welcome to Big Pink Restaurant! (http://www.bigpinkrestaurant.com/about.html - broken link)

Old 05-26-2008, 09:08 AM

224 posts, read 996,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lydunn View Post
Hello everyone I am visitig starting this week and was wondering some of the nice but not expensive resturant I should visit, maybe like a nice Cuban or other ethnic restuarant and also a nice club thats not full of college kids...if anyone has any other suggestions I would appreciate them.
Not sure where you are staying but if you want authentic Cuban food, you can't go wrong by visiting Versailles or La Carreta on 8 st and like 36 Ave... Not quite Little Havana but close enough... I also tried ZuperPollo on Coral Way and maybe like 14 ave (?) the other day, it's Uruguayan (next to Argentina and Brazil for those looking on the map)... The food was great and it wasn't expensive at all...

Old 05-26-2008, 09:16 AM

2,517 posts, read 11,015,853 times
spyderman brought up some good points. Also...a must try is LA GRANGA. They have several locations and even 2 of them in the island of Aruba. It's Peruvian food....very cheap because it's not a full service restaurant. you order your food at the counter and then they call you to pick it up, go back to your table and eat it. Delicious !! Remember...they have several restaurants all over south and central florida.

La Granja Restaurant : DiningGuide Restaurant Profile of La Granja Restaurant in Pembroke Pines Florida

Old 05-26-2008, 09:51 AM

Thank you for the response...we are staying in Miami Beach...not sure where LiL Havana starts but I will try to find it...is it safe to go into that neighborhood if we go in the day time

Old 05-26-2008, 09:57 AM

2,086 posts, read 7,622,415 times
A club that I loved is Purdy Lounge (more of a lounge really than a "club"). It is on the intercoastal side of the beach, so it is more of a locals hangout than the touristy clubs that will take your first born for a dixie cup filled with ice and a splash of whiskey. They have two rooms and play a really good variety of music, something for everyone. There are couches, booths, a pool table and plenty of room to dance. Purdy Lounge is located at 1811 Purdy Ave on Miami Beach. It used to be that if you arrived before 9pm there was no cover, but come 11-12 at night, a line formed.

I also really enjoyed The Abbey, which is a completely awesome hole-in-the-wall bar on Miami Beach. Another locals spot, they feature Abbey Brewing Company micro brews that are really good. The atmosphere is small, dark and the booths are church pews. Definitely one of my favorite spots. The Abbey is located at 1115 16th St on Miami Beach. Look for a vertically hung green neon sign that just says "Bar".

Old 05-26-2008, 11:47 AM

4,189 posts, read 3,471,497 times
While you are in SoBe check out the News Cafe..the banana daquiri is to die for

Old 05-26-2008, 10:13 PM

I remember seeing a hotel that has a nice happy hour like $8 martinis do anyone know ofit
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami