Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 08:55 PM

145 posts, read 302,194 times

Advertisements

Good evening all,

I'm a recent transplant to Miami Beach. So far, so good. However, I've thus far been able to find a gym to exercise at. Of course, I've visited the hyper-expensive South Beach establishments, and they don't interest me for reasons of cost and douchebaggery.

I live on collins, north of 40th st. Do any of you know a gym around these parts that isn't crazy expensive?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2008, 09:31 AM

2,517 posts, read 11,048,150 times
lol ! I guess you are talking about equinox and David Barton Gym....both being the most exclusive and pricey gyms around. lol

Welcome to David Barton Gym

Equinox | What's Your After? (I'm sure the inflated price HAS to do with the flash video on this website. I mean sheez ! They probably paid the web designer BIG bucks to have this website done ! wow !

The only reasonable gym is Golds gym.....and it isn't much unfortunatley..

Gold's Gym

My advise is to rent or buy in a complex that has a nice gym. Most of them do and it's included in your HOA.

Good luck !

Old 05-28-2008, 01:42 PM

483 posts, read 1,544,270 times
Im sure in a place like Miami Beach there are alot more gyms.

Old 05-31-2008, 05:14 AM

2 posts, read 9,695 times
Default worst website

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydade View Post
lol ! I guess you are talking about equinox ...

Equinox | What's Your After? (I'm sure the inflated price HAS to do with the flash video on this website. I mean sheez ! They probably paid the web designer BIG bucks to have this website done ! wow !

Wow, indeed, that was very strange.

As mentioned, I think the tendency for buildings to have gyms has reduced the number of them.

Old 01-28-2009, 09:43 PM

1 posts, read 6,918 times
Default Gold's Gym on South Beach

You should visit the gym I joined , its one of the nicest Gold's Gyms I've seen and its reasonable for South Beach. The condo gyms are never open for me and I don't want to see my neighbors all the time. Try it out, Carolina...

Old 01-29-2009, 11:17 AM

294 posts, read 1,148,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svendthrift View Post
Good evening all,

I'm a recent transplant to Miami Beach. So far, so good. However, I've thus far been able to find a gym to exercise at. Of course, I've visited the hyper-expensive South Beach establishments, and they don't interest me for reasons of cost and douchebaggery.

I live on collins, north of 40th st. Do any of you know a gym around these parts that isn't crazy expensive?

Thanks!
Do you have a car? There is a Ballys Fitness in Aventura, NMB and Coral Gables. The NMB and Aventura locations will take about 15 to 20 minutes from where you live in mid-beach, and they have free parking. My membership runs about $25/month, but this is only after 3 years of paying $75/month. They probably don't offer those kinds of packages anymore.

There is a fitness club near the publix on Collins and 69th, and it seems like a pretty decent joint. There's another just off Collins on 71st street. They advertised their monthly rates on their window, but I honestly can't recall what they were asking. It seemed reasonable though. But you will pay for parking if you work out before 6:00 PM. Meters are free after that.

Hope this helps.

Old 01-29-2009, 12:44 PM

640 posts, read 1,822,540 times
> Do you have a car? There is a Ballys Fitness in Aventura, NMB and Coral Gables.

It's hard enough for most people to get motivated to go to the gym regularly even if they live close to it. If they have to jump in their car and drive across town to work out, it's pretty much a lost cause.

I had an 18 month membership at Gold's Gym on 14th and Alton, and it cost a lot less than $75 per month. (Now there's a gym in my building that's not great, but it's good enough. It's available 24/7.)

Remember, everything is negotiable.

Old 01-29-2009, 01:08 PM

294 posts, read 1,148,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar Beach View Post
> It's hard enough for most people to get motivated to go to the gym regularly even if they live close to it. If they have to jump in their car and drive across town to work out, it's pretty much a lost cause.
Good point. The trick is to find a gym that is either close to where you live, work, or somewhere on a straight line between the two points. My gym is smack dab in the middle of my commute home - which works very well for me.

Old 03-19-2009, 07:49 AM

1 posts, read 6,737 times
DO NOT JOIN GOLDS! Customer service is horrible and if you ever are unfortunate to have a billing dispute, they will blaim you, insult you, and take your money. HORRIBLE GYM... DO NOT JOIN

Old 03-19-2009, 08:52 AM

809 posts, read 2,315,463 times
There is a gym on Alton, right in the shopping center where Epicure is. The entrance is actually in the back, as if you were coming from west avenue. It was called South Beach Ironworks Now the name has changed but is still something along those lines. I used to work out there. Not much douchebaggery, good music, safe, not much parking. I must warn you very smelly bathrooms. Maybe you can check this place out. I'm sorry for not knowing the name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami