Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 02:12 PM

60 posts, read 249,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blksophisticado View Post
Trust me we are not exaggerating. Hint. If almost everyone one is telling saying the same thing there has to be a certain degree of truth. These are people from all different parts of the country, different nationalities religions etc. Most agree that Miami sucks. I am African American recently relocated from Los Angeles and I miss seeing black and white americans. People are rude here. No customer service, no education, entry level, minimum wage, low skills and angry because of all of the above. Its not that its just white americans complaining because of their inabality to adapt to a diverse culture. Most people who come to Miami are already aware of the different cultures and like myself were looking forward to them. The prevalent culture here however is one of stupidity ignorance and war like nothing to lose behavior that is placing a strain on the entire community as a whole. In other cities these problems exist but cities like L.A. New York, Chicago, are large spread out cities which have good parts and bad parts. You can leave those bad parts and go to other parts and you get a totally different perspective of the city. In Miami that doesnt happen because Miami is so small. So the bad service, rude people and ignorance is encountered more frecuently here than in other larger cities. The other part is that people here are not cultured. When you travel stay in hotels eat in fancy restaurants board airplanes and cross time zones you become cultured. You know what it feels like to be a customer, to be a tourist etc. Miami is a extremely poor city. Many in Miami have never been out of Miami and probably no further north than Orlando. Miami is all they know. And if they do know anything else its Haiti, Cuba, D.R. or some other third world country. If you really want to know what its like in Miami imagine the most ghetto crime filled disenfranchised community of your neighborhood. Its probably one of the parts you would never visit. Thats our whole city. Then imagine a causeway over a narrow stretch of water with a bunch of highrise hotels and condos some 5 or six miles from this horrific ghetto. Thats what all the hype is about.
LOL, 45,000 Italians (from Italy, not cheesy Italian-Americans) in Miami. German is the third most spoken language in Miami Beach. The French community is huge too there. Trust me, Europeans know about quality of life much more than Americans. And they all agree that Miami is the best in the US. The rest of the country is very boring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2007, 07:55 PM

850 posts, read 796,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by striker View Post
LOL, 45,000 Italians (from Italy, not cheesy Italian-Americans) in Miami. German is the third most spoken language in Miami Beach. The French community is huge too there. Trust me, Europeans know about quality of life much more than Americans. And they all agree that Miami is the best in the US. The rest of the country is very boring.
Most of the europeans are vacationers there or own expensive property there like parts of the bahamas and st. martins. There is also a high Jewish population there who are retired. Probably rich too. So there you have a the divide between the high income and the low income. Since alot of tourists go there with a number of Europeans than its probably a place for you however it is NOT more diverse, educated, progressive or have a better overall values than Chicago, Seattle or new york.

Old 03-04-2007, 09:28 PM

170 posts, read 285,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by striker View Post
As you're a little "slow", I'll break it down for you....we're not talking about MIAMI BEACH, we're talking about MIAMI in general. Since you don't live here and don't have a clue what you're talking about, I'll let you off....but please, get with it....I know you're not that smart, but at least learn to READ.

Old 03-06-2007, 02:03 PM

170 posts, read 450,264 times
I read someplace that there's over 400,000 British folks living in Florida and they're still coming. Is this another British invasion?

Old 03-09-2007, 11:52 AM

2 posts, read 5,821 times
I MUST rent a 1/1 apartment in MIami Lakes. How do I post that here?

Old 03-09-2007, 11:56 AM

929 posts, read 1,156,399 times
i notice alot of brits move here and get hardened and jaded over the first year.

Old 03-09-2007, 12:26 PM

355 posts, read 1,583,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nothingman View Post
As you're a little "slow", I'll break it down for you....we're not talking about MIAMI BEACH, we're talking about MIAMI in general. Since you don't live here and don't have a clue what you're talking about, I'll let you off....but please, get with it....I know you're not that smart, but at least learn to READ.
Can't believe I am in agreement with this but Miami is NOT Miaimi Beach. They are 180 degree opposites. Nothingman is correct.

Old 06-27-2007, 02:24 PM

5 posts, read 13,629 times
Default The American Riviera

The American Riviera, yes indeed, that's what Miami has become, and not even Immigrant Latinos can't afford it to live here anymore, makes me sick, and i bet you guys never heard about this coming from a Real Cuban, (not born here) I've been to other places in the States, and people are nice!
I have traveled extensively, before i got here 3 years ago, spend 5 years in South America, (all over) and 1 year in Spain, makes me wanna go back, and settle myself over there again, the Cuban community in miami is strong, therefore, i should feel comfortable myself, but i'm not, they all came a long time ago, and made a lot of money, (God Knows Doing What!) but there's nothing left for newcomers, not even good jobs, Florida's minimum wage is $6.40 and many employees don't respect that and there are people working for $3.50 and some only for tips, and some others doesn't even pay overtime. I was one of them, because was not aware of the laws.

So, will be much better to add some fuel engines and propels to the rafts and heading somewhere else!

Peace out!

Old 06-27-2007, 02:37 PM

In Miami that doesnt happen because Miami is so small. So the bad service, rude people and ignorance is encountered more frecuently here than in other larger cities. 2 - Many in Miami have never been out of Miami and probably no further north than Orlando. Miami is all they know. And if they do know anything else its Haiti, Cuba, D.R. or some other third world country.

I totally agree with you in your whole post,but toolarge to have it quoted here, exept for the "Mami is so small" and i don't think that is for being small, but small and crowded, and about knowing anything else, ask to Cubans, i am Cuban, and believe me,my people doesn't know anything else.

Old 06-27-2007, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by blksophisticado

1 - In Miami that doesnt happen because Miami is so small. So the bad service, rude people and ignorance is encountered more frecuently here than in other larger cities. 2 - Many in Miami have never been out of Miami and probably no further north than Orlando. Miami is all they know. And if they do know anything else its Haiti, Cuba, D.R. or some other third world country.

I totally agree with you in your whole post,but toolarge to have it quoted here, exept for the "Mami is so small" and i don't think that is for being small, but small and crowded, and about knowing anything else, ask to Cubans, i am Cuban, and believe me,my people doesn't know anything else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami