Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 10:20 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,747,624 times

Advertisements

I advise all business owners to stay away from Miami-Dade county. Between extremely overpriced real estate and low quality employees it is a challenge. The worst obstacle to business is having to deal with these guys:
Miami-Dade County - Team Metro (http://www.miamidade.gov/teametro/home.asp - broken link)

Anyplace in Florida is beter than Miami-Dade county. Our company is in west Broward, you should check out the area, as mentioned above!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2008, 01:18 PM

763 posts, read 3,532,771 times
DO NOT move to Boca Raton, please. Boca is the dullest, most boring place to live and you definitely DO NOT want to commute to Miami from Boca, that is torture. Please for your own sanity, find a place in Miami. I suggest Kendall, Miami Lakes, Miami Shores, Miami Springs for suburbia and the Upper East Side, Midtown, Downtown, and Brickell for city life.

Old 06-06-2008, 04:24 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,901,381 times
Yeah, Boca is dull, let's all move to Miami Shores where all of the action is!

Believe it or not, Boca has a downtown area called "Mizner Park". My main problem with Boca is that it's full of grumpy, pseudo-wealthy snobs and the younger inland areas are like a cross between the OC and Long Island. Boring is Cooper City.

Woah where did your post go PBCdawg?

Last edited by compelled to reply; 06-06-2008 at 04:36 PM..

Old 06-06-2008, 04:56 PM

28 posts, read 38,887 times
I think its interesting how the population explosion in South Florida has created a whole class of dissatisfied middle class people - most of whom are probably on this forum. All the new cities along the Turnpike corridor like Coral Springs, Tamarac, Plantation, and Pembroke Pines are prime examples of this population explosion. People came down here from the "Rust Belt" to get good jobs and live in the paradise but then scream to holy hell when they get here and realize that there aren't many good jobs to be had. This has been perpetuated by speculative banking, real estate, and the "bandwagon" appeal of the middle class to move from colder, economically stable areas of the country to warmer, unstable regions (South Florida).

Old 06-06-2008, 05:03 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,901,381 times
You would of been right in about 1985. They are called "malcontents" and look at where the sheeple are running to. "ANYWHERE but the cold, stable, sane place I came from!"

PS- Pembroke Pines and Tamarac along the turnpike corridor are areas that were mostly built up in the 60s and early 70s. I think you are confusing it with the I-75/Sawgrass Expressway corridor.

Old 06-06-2008, 07:45 PM

763 posts, read 3,532,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
Yeah, Boca is dull, let's all move to Miami Shores where all of the action is!

Believe it or not, Boca has a downtown area called "Mizner Park". My main problem with Boca is that it's full of grumpy, pseudo-wealthy snobs and the younger inland areas are like a cross between the OC and Long Island. Boring is Cooper City.

Woah where did your post go PBCdawg?
Mizner Park is nice and all, but it's not a reason I would go to live in Boca. Having lived in Boca/Deerfield, I know, it seriously sucks. You've got a mall, Mizner Park, a movie theater, a bowling alley, and a bunch of single family homes.

For any fun you have to go to Fort Lauderdale or Miami, which is why Miami Shores offers more than Boca. Miami Shores may not be more exciting than Boca, but it's in a big city with access to everything.

Old 06-06-2008, 08:26 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,747,624 times
Somehow I think that a bowling alley is more fun that anything in the city of Miami! At least in Fort Lauderdale there is more to do than in Miami.

Old 06-07-2008, 03:44 PM

80 posts, read 155,822 times
I THINK WESTON MAY BE A GOOD CHOUCE, NOT SURE HOW DIVERSE THOUGH. WE dont mind paying for private school, are there good options in these areas?

Old 06-07-2008, 03:47 PM

179 posts, read 1,209,095 times
I think you should try Ft. Lauderdale instead of Boca. Ft. Lauderdale is more residential than Miami and is not as far away as Boca. You have to keep your commute in mind w/the rising cost of gas prices. I heard there was a train from Miami to Boca though but I could be wrong. Your commute will be a little over an hour

Old 06-07-2008, 08:51 PM

80 posts, read 155,822 times
yes it seem Ft lauderdale is closer to comuute than Boca, and i dont wnat a huge commture really. From the threads Ft lauderdale does have some good areas but high schoold dont appear to be that great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami