Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Miami Dade where you live and your ethnic origns
Aventura 0 0%
Doral 2 18.18%
Coral Gables 0 0%
Homestead 2 18.18%
Miami Beach 1 9.09%
Hialeah 3 27.27%
Miami 1 9.09%
other city in Miami Dade, Please indicate which other city in Miami Dade on your posts. 2 18.18%
I am not of Cuban or of Cuban descent, Please indicate your nationality and ethic origin on your posts. 4 36.36%
I am Cuban or of Cuban descent, Please indicate which one on your posts. 3 27.27%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2019, 11:06 AM

473 posts, read 237,145 times

Advertisements

Where do you live in Miami Dade and your ethnic origin. Where do you work and wha is your job or occupation, or profession. I choose the cities based on the highest populations of the 2010 US census, the 10 th option states other please post where ? They are posted from least to most population.

01 - Aventura

02 - Doral

03 - Coral Gables

04 - Homestead

05 - Miami Beach

06 - Hialeah

07 - Miami

08 - other city in Miami Dade, Please indicate which other city in Miami Dade on your posts.

09 - I am not of Cuban or of Cuban descent, Please indicate your nationality and ethic origin on your posts.

10 - I am Cuban or of Cuban descent, Please indicate which one on your posts.

I am a native Cuban and American citizen.

I live in Hialeah and I am retired. I am not rich but I am not poor. My house is bought and paid for, and I own 2 rental properties apart from my house. I love math and statistics, I love doing this kind of stuff, I am an accountant by profession.

I worked in Chicago for a major US Defense contractor corporation. I worked at a major South Florida Mall as an assistant Manager of the Maintenance Department.

I have to kids Alberto and Alicia, they speak and write perfect fluent Spanish and English.

We have vacationed in Canada's Niagara Falls, Miami Beach hotels, 3 trips to Puerto Rico, where I have a Cuban friend married to a Puerto Rican Lady and their Cubaricano kids. We have vacationed 1 time in Puerto Plata and 2 times in Punta Cana Santo Domingo Dominican Republic. I now have Puerto Ricans in the family through a cousin.

At least on one side of the family, 2 emigrated from España La Madre Patria to Cuba, 1 to Argentina, 1 to Uruguay and 1 to Puerto Rico, in those days families were larger than today.

I have a private health insurance, 401 K and retirement accounts, I am not rich but I am not poor, overall not bad.

I worked with 2 North Koreans, a Vietnamese Lady and a Nicaraguan Lady during break we talked in English and share stories about our nations, Cuba, North Korea, Vietnam and Nicargua, and we found out we have a lot in common. I will post details on it on a Cuban embargo thread I will post very soon on the Latin American forum, this is not the right thread to post it on.

I am a Proud Cuban American Conservative Republican Hispanic Latino supporter of President Donald J Trump of America the USA. Like the rest of my Cuban American family.

I like Florida and love Miami.

Last edited by Miami Shores; 10-26-2019 at 11:44 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2019, 01:17 PM

Only 1 vote and post on my poll thread so far my own? lol. But my reputation did increase from 28 to 31 awesome.

Poll and thread on Cuban Embargo on the Politics and other controversies thread has been posted:

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...relations.html

Thank You - Miami Shores Alberto.

Last edited by Miami Shores; 10-26-2019 at 01:48 PM..

Old 10-29-2019, 07:35 AM

7,778 posts, read 10,162,721 times
Doral - Chinese

I work as a freelancer now (multiple areas) after building a real estate investment company with my wife. She also is a freelance coach and consultant. So we could live anywhere but choose Doral for the time being as our kids are young and lots of her family lives here. Her family is here because one of her grand uncles from China migrated to Cuba, and then eventually to Miami.

I hope that my kids will be fluent in English, Spanish, Mandarin and Cantonese.

Old 10-29-2019, 11:31 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,107,880 times
Fort Lauderdale.

White.

Old 11-02-2019, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
Doral - Chinese

I work as a freelancer now (multiple areas) after building a real estate investment company with my wife. She also is a freelance coach and consultant. So we could live anywhere but choose Doral for the time being as our kids are young and lots of her family lives here. Her family is here because one of her grand uncles from China migrated to Cuba, and then eventually to Miami.

I hope that my kids will be fluent in English, Spanish, Mandarin and Cantonese.
Cool I hope so too.

I have a girl cousin - Prima - who is of direct Chinese Cuban Spaniard descent. She is a beautiful lady looks white Spaniard with certain Chinese facial characteristics. In the family we affectionately call her La China. Guys are called El Chino, which means Chinese.

I have a Chinese Cuban friend in Miami who speaks a little English. He has a cousin in Hong Kong who only speaks Chinese, one day the Chinese Cuban from Miami visited his Chinese cousin in Hong Kong. They communicated by sign language of pointing at this or that, not official sign language. They exchange letters translated for them into Spanish and Chinese.

Cubans of Chinese and mixed Chinese descent make up at least 1 % of Cubans in Cuba, and a greater percentage % in Miami.

It is a Hispanic and Spaniard cultural thing to affectionately call Chino or China, certain family and friends who are or are not of Chinese descent.

In Hispanic nations and España La Madre Patria, Chinese, Japanese, Koreans, Vietnamese and Filipinos are affectionately called Chinos and Chinas, it is a Hispanic Spaniard cultural thing.

At one time it was used in a racist way, but it has evolved in an affectionate way, what I mean is it is not used in a racist way, this is a cultural Hispanic and Spaniard thing and fact. It has evolved into a non racist way. I hope and trust that I will not get in trouble with the Moderators for this comment. I am not saying it in a racist way or intent. Read the rest of my post above in context.

Old 11-07-2019, 05:31 PM

13 posts, read 7,309 times
Miami Beach-Puerto Rican
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami