Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 07:21 AM

93 posts, read 329,806 times

Advertisements

It's sad that people about to move here get a false sense of paradise. Good luck all!

Old 01-19-2007, 07:38 AM

566 posts, read 2,058,255 times
naahh...
I think in their own unique ways, they are having fun and/or getting whatever out of their system's - part of a process to find one's own paradise, niche or utopia - whether it's here, there or wherever...

Old 01-19-2007, 12:46 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,450,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CiXeL View Post
friendly people are so rare here that we're blown away anytime we see any hint of friendliness. at the start of snowbird season this year we came across a little old lady from the panhandle working at home depot. she was so unbelievably friendly my girlfriend turns to me afterwards and says 'can we take her home?'
I totally understand. I walk my dogs around the neighborhood everday, so for the most part I recognize alot of the neighbors, they are all for the most part really nice. I was walking my dogs yesterday, and a woman I didn't recognize was on the otherside of the road. I was going to wave to say hello, but she didn't even look at me she looked the other direction to avoid saying hello. Yes there are rude people, but once in awhile you get those that are not rude.

Old 01-19-2007, 12:59 PM

929 posts, read 1,156,120 times
id like to get together with some of you guys sometime
perhaps we could make things tolerable for each other before we move out of here

Old 01-19-2007, 01:12 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,450,255 times
I know a nice lunch place.

Old 01-19-2007, 01:14 PM

929 posts, read 1,156,120 times
"I know a nice lunch place."

where at?
let me do some work first so i have a few pennies to rub together.

Old 01-19-2007, 07:24 PM

134 posts, read 600,667 times
how about a fundraiser for Cixel to help him move along quicker? I can pull a few pennies together. Meow.

Old 01-19-2007, 07:28 PM

134 posts, read 600,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
Congrats Cixel!

And, by the way, I've been reading this three-some exchange.
It's been interesting to see the insults among you. You guys are giving South Florida a really bad rap!
Yes they do, and frankly it's tiring and borish. It's a no brainer why he can't find a job or friends here.

Old 01-19-2007, 10:13 PM

183 posts, read 567,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CiXeL View Post
i do primarily desktop support computer tech stuff. my girlfriend does office work, alot of excel and organizing spreadsheets. our friends up in cutler ridge are going to move into a condo in miami beach. he said the building is filled with 2 types of people: older people who have owned their condos forever and bought when it was cheap and are retired and young rich people with an inheritance to live off or mom and dad paying the bill but dont have to worry about money. they say they seem like the only ones there who have to work for a living.
ive looked for jobs outside my profession but they all pay half or less than i was making in my profession. all else fails and we're forced to break out lease here our parents will hopefully lend us money to truck most of our stuff back to LA (my parents) or san jose (her dad's house). my finances are based around $20/hr pay rate.
we had a good 2 year run here. but it just seems like its getting harder and harder to survive down here. every few months we figure out a way to squeeze more and more out of the expenses to buy us more time but we're getting down to the point we cant afford to squeeze down anymore.
we never go out to eat unless a friend comes into town and offers to pay for it for us (we cant afford it), we do free or nearly-free things like visit the keys and snorkel at annes beach or visit fairchild or the everglades with our annual pass. about the only thing we spend on entertainment on weekends is for gas to go somewhere.
how about geek squad. they are looking for computer techies, and they have locations in miami.

Last edited by Tjam; 01-19-2007 at 10:22 PM..

Old 01-20-2007, 01:35 AM

1,316 posts, read 5,787,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW2007 View Post
Keebler, it shows order and fine machining. Wouldn't you be yelling when a SUV the size of a Excursion is about to run you over? And it's not all peaches and cream in Seattle, but a whole lot better. Aren't you moving too elf? haha It's very funny how many of you support Miami so much, yet you are planning to move away.
Keebler?! I LIKE that!!! And nope, as I've said in quite a few posts, wouldn't want to live anywhere else!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami