Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 03:46 PM

854 posts, read 2,863,325 times

Advertisements

LOL, i took a few pictures, they cut down multiple cables in the community. these pictures were all taken from my backyard, i didn't even walk across the street. how ****ing retarded is that. i guess there's a REASON why all those cables were on the outside wall.

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/8272/dsc06615tx9.jpg (broken link)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2008, 04:08 PM

710 posts, read 2,233,575 times
What are their rules brutha???

They have to have some rules written down in the bylaws somewhere.

Old 07-17-2008, 04:12 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,575,309 times
The cable companies did it, they didn't like the competition. snip,snip LOL!

Old 07-17-2008, 04:12 PM

854 posts, read 2,863,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by planetsurf View Post
What are their rules brutha???
nothing about not having cables on the outside walls (that are not visible from the street). do you really think all those people would ignore the rules and just put em up anyway?

this association is a ****ing joke! two weeks ago or so they send out letters that it's not allowed to "store" things on the front porch. no chairs, no bikes, no strollers, nothing. wtf. just called those mother****ers once again, of course nobody answered the phone, as usual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
The cable companies did it, they didn't like the competition. snip,snip LOL!
we have dishnetwork, our neighbor has directv, there isn't a whole lot left.

Old 07-17-2008, 11:31 PM

107 posts, read 367,148 times
Wow that's pretty hardcore! I'm not sure if what they did is illegal, but it is certainly not very nice.

You could try to sue them but I doubt it would be worth it. As many lawyers have been known to say:

You have certain freedoms in this country, but, ahem, freedom is not free.

Old 07-18-2008, 07:29 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,194,689 times
Hopefully some of the ppl affected are homeowners who have more of a voice than you as a renter. I would ask to see exactly what rule was broken.. is it a new rule?

Keep us informed as to what happens. I would call Direct TV and ask to speak to the manager of the installation dept to have someone else come out and see if there is a way to do what the other guy said couldn't be done. Surely this isn't the only HOA that has this rule.. You know, some just don't want to be bothered doing something difficult when they don't have to.

Good Luck

Old 07-18-2008, 11:51 AM

483 posts, read 1,544,711 times
When I lived in a gated community we had the same rule, no visible cables or even a damn dish. We just took it off and got cable much easier.

Old 07-18-2008, 12:27 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,304,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TannerMan View Post
When I lived in a gated community we had the same rule, no visible cables or even a damn dish. We just took it off and got cable much easier.
Yeah, it’s always easier to give in to intimidation than to stand up for your rights.

Old 07-18-2008, 12:57 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,575,309 times
About the only other way would be to mount the the satellite dishes in the ground and if I am not mistaken they point the dish in a southwestard position,but I doubt the association wouldd go for that either and the dishes would probably be blocked by the buildings thereby affecting the signal.

Old 07-18-2008, 03:50 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,340,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddiyo View Post
Sorry guys and girls for ranting around, but man am I'm ****ing pissed. So I just received an Email from one of my two roommates that the housing association cut our satellite cable. Here's the story:

We've been living in this community (not gated) in Doral for about a year now and we have dish network. a few months ago we received a letter from the association that no cables are allowed on the outside walls. so we called dish network to have it fixed. the guy came over to our house, tried to fix it for several hours but in the end he told us that there is no other way to do it. we even have this in writing. so we sent a copy of this statement to the association. a few weeks later we get another letter "remove cable or it will be cut", we once again sent the info from dish network to them. now, two days ago we received ANOTHER notice, "remove the cable within 48 hours or it will be cut". again we sent out the info from dish.
we also called the association every single time we received their letter and left a message since nobody ever answered the phone, but we were never called back. we also called the owner of the house but he also never got involved.
Now today I get this Email, telling me that those mother****ers cut the cable. i can't ****ing believe it. what the hell are we supposed to do other than tell them time and time again that we had dish network come check on the cables?!
i'd love to throw a brick through the window of that association and hopefully hit somebody in the head. we've had so many troubles with those mother****ers about the cables, parking, trash, you name it. and we've only been living here for a year now!!! boy am I happy that our lease is over soon!

i can't wait to get home and check out our neighbors cables (they're ALL ON THE OUTSIDE WALLS!). is this the ****ing mafia or what.

graaaaaaaah!!!
-----------------
"we also called the association every single time we received their letter and left a message since nobody ever answered the phone, but we were never called back."

Lol yes you do live in Doral .

I live in Doral also regret buying here . In my gated community you can have whatever you want aslong as its in your backyard not visible thus cable-sattelite dish.etc is fine but it cant be visible from the street. Which is no big deal for me .

I imagine your set up is visible from the front ,side of house ? Though your not in gated community most places dont allow cables visible from the front or side of house.
Keep in mind the useless Mayor here wants this to be Beverly Hills 90210 and even if home associations change rules after you buy/rent Doral will back them up and its upto you to fight them in court . If its even worth it for you.

I would never buy in Doral again but the houses for sale,rent in the community are huge and growing every day so here for awhile .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami