Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 04:15 PM

1,019 posts, read 1,631,420 times

Advertisements

I was in miami last spring and i noticed the the people in miami are a lot like new yorkers. Is this true? my cousin is thinking of moving to south florida but doesn't want to deal with tension with rude drivers, impatient people etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2008, 04:48 PM

118 posts, read 219,293 times
i was born in jax. but i would guess its true.

Old 07-22-2008, 05:38 PM

2,541 posts, read 11,304,701 times
Well I hear Broward county north of miami has lots of transplanted NYer, and Palm
Beach county north of broward has lots of NJers

Old 07-22-2008, 06:13 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,300,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwesterns45 View Post
I was in miami last spring and i noticed the the people in miami are a lot like new yorkers. Is this true? my cousin is thinking of moving to south florida but doesn't want to deal with tension with rude drivers, impatient people etc.
I am from Brooklyn NY. No, Miami is not like NYC. Not in mentality, not in lay out, not in anything. You will have some rude drivers, but that's any where. I have driven around Nashville a few times and some of the drivers there are a bit ridiculous. People are people regardless of where you go is my point. best of luck.

Old 07-22-2008, 06:44 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,541,952 times
Miami is more modern looking than most of New York. The weather is definitely better during the winter here in Miami and it has beautiful palm trees. People in New York use cabs,subways and buses ,a more urban feeling than Miami as stated they are more rude drivers than New Yorkers because there are more drivers here. There is a lot to do in Miami but tons more to do in New York as far as entertainment ,restaurants and cultural places.

New York is #1 in banking and garment industry where Miami is #2. There is so much electricity in both of these cities, just alot more in New York.

Old 07-22-2008, 07:31 PM

710 posts, read 2,225,150 times
Quote:
my cousin is thinking of moving to south florida but doesn't want to deal with tension with rude drivers, impatient people etc.
lol -- this cracked me up.
Miami and NY share a lot, tons on folks come down from NY to weekend/party and there are lots of people in SoFla who hail from NY (permanent, weekenders and snow birds) but I agree that Mia & NY are not really that alike.

BUT as you may or may no know Miami ranks #1 in rude drivers nationally and I think patience is not in great supply either.
SO, if that's your cousins only criteria for moving somewhere, they might want to pick someplace else.

Old 07-22-2008, 09:05 PM

118 posts, read 219,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
I am from Brooklyn NY. No, Miami is not like NYC. Not in mentality, not in lay out, not in anything. You will have some rude drivers, but that's any where. I have driven around Nashville a few times and some of the drivers there are a bit ridiculous. People are people regardless of where you go is my point. best of luck.
***** please..im sure if u went to jax where i came from it looks nothing like nyc.

Old 07-22-2008, 09:28 PM

34 posts, read 28,765 times
Quote:
then stay outta miami! lol. no seriously, stay outta miami if you dont want to be around tension, rude drivers, and impatient people.

Old 07-22-2008, 09:31 PM

34 posts, read 28,765 times
"New York is #1 in banking and garment industry where Miami is #2."

miami may be number 2 in garment but def not banking. charlotte would win that battle easily.

Old 07-22-2008, 10:30 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,541,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. SlowFlow View Post
"New York is #1 in banking and garment industry where Miami is #2."

miami may be number 2 in garment but def not banking. charlotte would win that battle easily.
I meant to say international banking,Miami was behind New york
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami