Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 06:25 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,363,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCkid View Post
well played sir.

Old 07-27-2008, 06:29 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,574,394 times
I feel that the Cubans and the blacks from that early 1960's era are the fortunate ones,because they what true freedom is about, getting out from under an oppressive government and gaining their Civil Rights-thank goodness for Rosa Parks and Martin Luther King

Last edited by noland123; 07-27-2008 at 07:32 PM..

Old 07-27-2008, 07:19 PM

159 posts, read 558,856 times
Shouldn't it be - WHAT is up with black Miami? - Not "WHY" is up with black Miami?

Old 07-27-2008, 07:40 PM

378 posts, read 1,442,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
you can't be serious? You are going to compare the plight of Mexican Americans to a group of people who were slaves, hung from trees up till 50 yrs ago and has had all manner of hell unleashed on them. Are you really serious right now?
Your forgetting that the reason america even turned to African slaves was cause of the hispanic and native american population almost died out, off the face of the earth. before there were african slaves there were hispanic slaves whose women were raped and man slaughtered, enslaved, or died thorough diseases. Even when the African slaves were being traded the kingdoms of west Africa were still living while the kingdoms here were burned to the ground.

Old 07-27-2008, 09:24 PM

1,372 posts, read 3,764,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler guy View Post
Your forgetting that the reason america even turned to African slaves was cause of the hispanic and native american population almost died out, off the face of the earth. before there were african slaves there were hispanic slaves whose women were raped and man slaughtered, enslaved, or died thorough diseases. Even when the African slaves were being traded the kingdoms of west Africa were still living while the kingdoms here were burned to the ground.
You capitalized Africans, but not America?

Africans enslaved themselves long before we did. When one tribe conquered the other, the opposing army was turned into slave labor or simply slaughtered. We bought them from the winning clans, or at least the ones in power on the West coast of Africa.

Also, Indians or "hispanics" in the Americas conducted themselves in the same barbarous manner. It just so happened their immunities were weaker than those from Africa.

Last edited by big mean bear; 07-27-2008 at 10:41 PM..

Old 07-27-2008, 11:23 PM

378 posts, read 1,442,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big mean bear View Post
You capitalized Africans, but not America?

Africans enslaved themselves long before we did. When one tribe conquered the other, the opposing army was turned into slave labor or simply slaughtered. We bought them from the winning clans, or at least the ones in power on the West coast of Africa.

Also, Indians or "hispanics" in the Americas conducted themselves in the same barbarous manner. It just so happened their immunities were weaker than those from Africa.
That is right but that wasn't my point. My point was that the hispanic population was enslaved as the African Americans were.

Old 07-27-2008, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler guy View Post
That is right but that wasn't my point. My point was that the hispanic population was enslaved as the African Americans were.
so I guess you were serious. I guess if you don't believe yourself, who will?! *shrugs*

Old 07-28-2008, 06:38 AM

747 posts, read 2,105,443 times
What does slavery 200 years ago have to do with the original post? I apologize for my Great Great Great Grandparents, now its time to move on. My comments on how young black job applicants dress was not addressed. Regardless of what happened in the past, they have a CHOICE! Climb out of poverty, break the cycle; or continue the trend. Someone needs to be responsible to take these kids aside, and teach them how to fit into an active and progressive society. The leaders in the black community need to drop the martyr syndrome and pick up the "lets change things" mantra. Until they do, the cycle will continue.

Old 07-28-2008, 10:38 AM

483 posts, read 1,544,591 times
You guys are getting too much into this. Its as simple as money and logic. Most black neighborhoods anywhere in the country are not the safest nor the wealthiest. Places like Liberty City and Overtown would be ridiculous to bring in big chain stores. But places like Miami Gardens which is black majority but believe it or not has a middle class and outside of Carol City and certian neighborhods Miami Gardens is a middle class black neighborhood with plenty of money, thats why youll find plenty of chain stores in Miami Gardens and not say Brownsville.
Hialeah is hispanic majority but its not crime infested and has plenty of money same with West Flagler.

Old 07-28-2008, 11:39 AM

excuse my stupidity but where is Miami Gardens? Where in relation to Carol Gardens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami