Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2008, 05:42 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,926,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by big mean bear View Post
Describe what you mean by this. Everybody says immigrants are bad for Miami but NOBODY defines how.
If dem dare people aint amerkan dey can GET OUT
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2008, 05:44 PM

385 posts, read 1,891,304 times
traveler guy, there's a difference in having a roach pop up here and there but when they are clogging up your asthma equipment, that is a completely different story. i couldn't find the original article but i could find one saying that they have gotten some improvements to their buildings

Liberty City apartments get improvements - 08/05/2008 - MiamiHerald.com (broken link)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TannerMan View Post
You can find urban decay in every single American city. And if anybody doesnt have water or electricity its because they cant pay and thats the case with any inner city poor area. Public Schools are bad, these budget cuts are happening all over the state becasue the voters decided to and Dade got the worst of it because its the largest in the state. But in reality public schools can be classified bad in just about everywhere, with very few brightspots, its a sad situation in america, its not a Miami issue, Miami isnt even ranked worst since so much of you love these rank lists.
And I have no idea if you ever get out but the hospitals wait time is another huge issue in this country, lots of people have died because of long wait times. Jackson has been ranked high in many catagories is a major hopsptal in this country, and plenty of different hospitals around the area have high ranks in certian catagories, if you classify Miami hospitals bad then you my friend have no idea what you are talking about.
i agree, there is decay in every urban city but this is where we live and so i am not AS concerned if things are going bad in detroit or los angeles because i do not live there. the only hospital that i'm aware of that is any good in miami is miami childrens which is where i went to have my appendix removed.

Quote:
Of course there are paved roads, hospitals, electricity and water in third world countries! Are you serious, what do you take us as?!?! I can show you paved roads in Zimbabwe and Kenya too, doesnt mean jack. In these third world countries large parts of the country and cities are huts and boxes that dont even have the option for water, elctricity and paved roads, while here in america its just pure economics not infrastructure. The best you can find in America are unpaved roads in ghettos not whole sections of a country or whole sections of cities with severe poverty and no oppurtunity for so. I can also show you a couple of unpaved roads in Detroit, Houston, Baltimore and Jacksonville I personally have seen or seen online. Again to even discuss wether Miami is third world or not is purely RIDICULOUS, ridiculous, stupid, oh and pointless too. Its not, not even close. You can point to poverty anywhere and once again doesnt mean jack.
i think you replied to the wrong person, i said there are paved roads because kevinkagy said there are none (scroll up to find his post). i also said in my last post that miami is not third world but we are in bad shape and i don't think anyone of reasonable mind would disagree with that. poverty doesn't mean jack? i beg for you to reconsider.

Old 08-18-2008, 08:29 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,745,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big mean bear View Post
Describe what you mean by this. Everybody says immigrants are bad for Miami but NOBODY defines how.
Miami is overcrowded, we have no room for any more people. An area where hardly anyone was and born and raised there is always a disaster.

Old 08-18-2008, 08:38 PM

378 posts, read 1,442,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
You also need to realize that there are places in Miami-Dade county without paved roads, sewers, high-speed internet and are not that far from developed areas. Just go down Krome ave, I have two friends who live in places like that. It looks and feels like the third world but is priced higher than the stratosphere. For a true "third world" experience just check out the fish camps by Krome and US-27. That's as close to it as you can get. The problem is that the Miami area is such a bad value for the money, and plagued with an endless stream of migrants from worse places.
now that's what you call a rural area. yeah that's country living.

Old 08-18-2008, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TannerMan View Post
You can find urban decay in every single American city. And if anybody doesnt have water or electricity its because they cant pay and thats the case with any inner city poor area. Public Schools are bad, these budget cuts are happening all over the state becasue the voters decided to and Dade got the worst of it because its the largest in the state. But in reality public schools can be classified bad in just about everywhere, with very few brightspots, its a sad situation in america, its not a Miami issue, Miami isnt even ranked worst since so much of you love these rank lists.
And I have no idea if you ever get out but the hospitals wait time is another huge issue in this country, lots of people have died because of long wait times. Jackson has been ranked high in many catagories is a major hopsptal in this country, and plenty of different hospitals around the area have high ranks in certian catagories, if you classify Miami hospitals bad then you my friend have no idea what you are talking about.

Of course there are paved roads, hospitals, electricity and water in third world countries! Are you serious, what do you take us as?!?! I can show you paved roads in Zimbabwe and Kenya too, doesnt mean jack. In these third world countries large parts of the country and cities are huts and boxes that dont even have the option for water, elctricity and paved roads, while here in america its just pure economics not infrastructure. The best you can find in America are unpaved roads in ghettos not whole sections of a country or whole sections of cities with severe poverty and no oppurtunity for so. I can also show you a couple of unpaved roads in Detroit, Houston, Baltimore and Jacksonville I personally have seen or seen online. Again to even discuss wether Miami is third world or not is purely RIDICULOUS, ridiculous, stupid, oh and pointless too. Its not, not even close. You can point to poverty anywhere and once again doesnt mean jack.
Nice one.

Old 08-18-2008, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Miami is overcrowded, we have no room for any more people. An area where hardly anyone was and born and raised there is always a disaster.
What?!? No it's called migration which is natural and is really positive to area's that are hubs of migration. Matter of fact they are the reason why some economies are doing good in this recession and why some failing economies are slowing down in the downwards spiral you call a dying economy. the jobs that people are saying Illegal Aliens are taking are really going to China not the Latinos and the hispanics that are taking well educated jobs most likely were born here in America. China's low wages are what you should blame.;
Another major player in the failing economy is big Oil and the petroleum rich countries of the middle east. Which are increasing the price tag per barrel.
the much more expensive barrel of oil + the weaker American dollar = inflation. Why oil is a major deal besides more expensive gasoline is cause oil is in many other products like plastics, tires, energy, and hi-gene products .

Old 08-18-2008, 10:18 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,745,539 times
Yet Miami has more people who are not from the area, and it has a terrible, failed economy. It cannot generate enough wealth for the average worker to have a decent home. Yet I know of some "backwards" towns where the local residents have no trouble supporting their families. Miami is a failure on so many levels.

Old 08-19-2008, 11:59 AM

6,993 posts, read 17,363,340 times
Quote:
Yet Miami has more people who are not from the area, and it has a terrible, failed economy. It cannot generate enough wealth for the average worker to have a decent home. Yet I know of some "backwards" towns where the local residents have no trouble supporting their families. Miami is a failure on so many levels.
yeah, but there is sun and beaches. You get paid in "sunshine" in South Florida, hence the low wages
(I laughed a little while typing that)

Old 08-19-2008, 02:41 PM

483 posts, read 1,544,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackklight View Post
i agree, there is decay in every urban city but this is where we live and so i am not AS concerned if things are going bad in detroit or los angeles because i do not live there. the only hospital that i'm aware of that is any good in miami is miami childrens which is where i went to have my appendix removed.
No one is asking about being concerned about it in other cities, but your posts are really subjective and if so pointless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackklight View Post
i think you replied to the wrong person, i said there are paved roads because kevinkagy said there are none (scroll up to find his post). i also said in my last post that miami is not third world but we are in bad shape and i don't think anyone of reasonable mind would disagree with that. poverty doesn't mean jack? i beg for you to reconsider.
Poverty doesnt mean jack = Poverty doesnt equal to third world which was the point of the posts and the whole argument. I meant pointing out poverty didnt mean Miami was 3rd World. Got it?

Old 08-19-2008, 03:04 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,892,301 times
Everyone wants to define what's wrong with having a city of immigrants and transients.

This thread is a good example. OP, go ahead and move there, you'll be living in an atmosphere of what you're reading here. A couple of rational people living amidst hysterics.

When someone says "third world country" it's hyperbole, people. Jeeesh.

If I say I could sleep for a year, do you really think I mean a YEAR?

Please get a grip.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami