Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 10:37 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,328,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
I don't blame the criminals who steal from Medicare as much as I blame Medicare itself. The only way to stop this is to reform and eventually phase out the current Medicare and Medicaid programs.

It's a fact that much of the income of Miami-Dade county depends on Government funds to keep the scams going.
--------------

Scams in Miami-Dade will continue and increase while the lemmings with their self defeating loyalty keep the political "Cosa Nostra" in power.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2008, 10:40 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,825,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
------------

I can tell your smart enough to know that if you wanted to steal for a living you would become a South Florida politician or run some type city agency ( ofcourse some may not steal)
You sir, make a compelling argument! In addition, you can, indeed, literally burglarize for the government if you work for a code enforcement agency such as Team Metro in Dade.

Old 08-06-2008, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
This was an interesting part of the article.

Why do so many Cuban immigrants become Medicare fraud perpetrators? Andy Gomez, a senior fellow at the University of Miami's Institute for Cuban and Cuban-American Studies, has a theory.

Gomez said some immigrants came with survival instincts cultivated under the totalitarian regime of Fidel Castro. They distrusted and cheated his communist government as a way of getting around the system, but they did not shed that behavior when they came to Miami simply because they were living in a free country.

''They are a product of their element,'' Gomez said. ``It's a very difficult habit to break.''
--------------

EVERY group has criminals now if you want to say the Cuban politicians here seem to turn a blind eye to this and certainly arent doing anything to prevent it .

Than I as a Proud Cuban American who loathes these parasites agree lol.

Old 08-06-2008, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
Hopefully 10-20 years in a federal prison will break them of their bad habits. It would probably be more effective for everyone if we just dropped them off back in Cuba.
I wish the US would build a penal colony in the South Pacific somewhere and drop all of our malcontents there the way the British did. We could clean up this country fast if we got rid of the bottom 10-15 million.
------------

I go to a gym thats mostly cops . Well ,at the off hours I go it is .

I was talking about gangs in South Florida with a few of them.

One 14 yr veteran cop told me the real crooks are running South Florida and that is the problem .

Old 08-06-2008, 11:06 PM

1,372 posts, read 3,755,093 times
I belonged to Gold's gym off of 37th ave and S.W. 8th street for 3 months. In that time I saw two all out brawls between idiots at the gym. There were a lot of cops at that gym too... The gang bangers looked just like the cops there- tattooed; well, they just looked bad.

Old 08-06-2008, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by big mean bear View Post
I belonged to Gold's gym off of 37th ave and S.W. 8th street for 3 months. In that time I saw two all out brawls between idiots at the gym. There were a lot of cops at that gym too... The gang bangers looked just like the cops there- tattooed; well, they just looked bad.
------------
I go to Porkys. Its open 24 hours a day . Heading there now was waiting for my coffee to kick in lol.
I love it its crime free which is rare for any 24/7 South Florida gym .

The other gym I belonged to had an average of 10 cars broken into every week.
Thats when I began to see South Florida politicians for what they are.

I called the Mayors office, spoke to council, emailed police dept suggesting an under cover car simply sitting there at night they would curtail or end the thefts once they started making arrests instead of just reacting after the fact .

To this day 2 yrs later NO CHANGE lol yes thats the chain of command that plaques South Florida.

I agree about some of the cops acting like criminals infact it should be mandatory that cops test for steroids only because they carry guns and interact with the public .
Other wise couldnt care less .

Some cities do it South Florida does not.

Old 08-06-2008, 11:24 PM

1,372 posts, read 3,755,093 times
Let 'em be. There's enough regulating our country as it is.

Old 08-06-2008, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
You sir, make a compelling argument! In addition, you can, indeed, literally burglarize for the government if you work for a code enforcement agency such as Team Metro in Dade.

I agree 100% but why set such low goals thats chump change wouldnt you rather be a Mayor who builds 600 million dollar stadiums among other structures,etc.

Perhaps the stadium only cost 400 million to build .
The possibilities of a South Florida Mayor as far as extra income (millions) are endless lol.

Wasnt it the late John Gotti the man who once said

" I should have been a South Florida politician, I would have stolen more money and never worried about going to jail"

Old 08-07-2008, 08:07 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,679,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
No wonder you're one of my favorite members, even though you live in Weston....LOL!

Old 08-07-2008, 09:40 AM

910 posts, read 748,866 times
Is it wrong to steal from thieves?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami