Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 11:13 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,664,211 times

Advertisements

Is anyone else appalled at the media circus and massive resources dedicated to this crime? How much taxpayer money will be spent on this investigation while if you or I were shot it would be no big deal? Who else is FED UP with the unequal administration of justice? People get shot all of the time in Miami, can we have a circus like this for all of them, and why not?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2008, 11:41 AM

546 posts, read 2,140,742 times
You didn't take an oath to keep us civilians safe from criminals and safeguard our constitution. This individual did and he swore on a biblle to protect our freedoms. If you were shot you'd have an individual like him investigating the crime while working odd hours of the night and going underpaid.

Get a clue on life...

Old 08-06-2008, 11:42 AM

2,517 posts, read 11,019,505 times
I understand your point of view, but shooting a law enforcement agent is a big deal. Even if he was off-duty. I for one am GLAD they are doing a massive manhunt for this guy because if this guy isn't caught, he may very well end up shooting a regular civilian this time.

Old 08-06-2008, 11:43 AM

658 posts, read 826,087 times
As if I considered the media to be a yardstick of importance.

Old 08-06-2008, 12:06 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,383,204 times
I hope they catch this guy, and he spends the rest of his life in jail.

Old 08-06-2008, 01:33 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,285,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
I hope they catch this guy, and he spends the rest of his life in jail.
I hope he doesn't make it to trial. Save us all some money.

Anyone who kills a law enforcement officer wouldn't think twice about gunning down any one of us. Yeah, the media pays more attention to these crimes than to other murders but I am sure the police investigate every homicide to the full extent of their ability.

Old 08-06-2008, 01:38 PM

392 posts, read 1,257,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
Is anyone else appalled at the media circus and massive resources dedicated to this crime? How much taxpayer money will be spent on this investigation while if you or I were shot it would be no big deal? Who else is FED UP with the unequal administration of justice? People get shot all of the time in Miami, can we have a circus like this for all of them, and why not?
I'm NOT appalled at the media circus. The media is the media......

I'm NOT appaled at the resources dedicated to this horrific crime. Very happy we have these resources available.

I don't care how much tax dollars are spent trying to catch this cowardly, worthless piece of sh...1t and get him off the streets.

What I am APPALLED at is the guy who shot and killed this guy infront of his child.

You're correct it would be no big deal if you or I got shot. But we are not sworn in officers of the law who put their lives on the line to try and protect you and I from the idiots that are out there.

Old 08-06-2008, 02:33 PM

710 posts, read 2,226,537 times
Why was this guy getting into an argument with some bozo on the road? And why would he pull-off? What purpose could it possibly serve? Did he show his badge or identify himself before being shot? (That would actually make a big difference to me.)

From the Herald:
"Authorities would not confirm what preceded the shooting, but federal sources close to the investigation said an argument started between Pettit and a motorist while they were driving on Pines Boulevard near the post office.
Both drivers ended up pulling into the parking lot of the South Florida Mail Processing Center on Pines Boulevard and Dykes Road, where they confronted each other, the sources said."

I'm NOT saying he deserved it, NOT saying this idiot who shot him doesn't deserve one behind the ear, but ... huh??? What was he thinking? With his daughter in the car?

OF COURSE there is unequal treatment! A cute white girl goes missing and CNN has it on rotation for a week. A Fed Agent gets shot -- OFF DUTY! -- and there is an unprecedented manhunt.
It doesn't seem like the shooting had ANYTHING to do with his duties serving our country. And if not, I'm not sure it warrants the manpower unless they plan on doing something similar the next time it happens to a 'citizen.'

JMHO of course

Last edited by planetsurf; 08-06-2008 at 03:30 PM..

Old 08-06-2008, 02:42 PM

1,308 posts, read 3,390,785 times
Typical Tallrick statement. I've been reading his posts for a long time, and they don't surprise me anymore.

Old 08-06-2008, 03:19 PM

483 posts, read 1,540,423 times
Person of interest has been captured in Davie. The police sound really confident right now about this guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: