Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 08:57 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,898,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydade View Post
compelled..disagree completely with you on Miramar...but we will leave it at that. Wait till the 2007 and 2008 reports come out...you will be surprised.

Well, it's certainly not anywhere near as bad as Miami Gardens. There is literally more than double the amount of crime in Miami Gardens. No doubt crime is going up but it's not really due to Miramar itself, it's due all of the new developments attracting some of the worst directly south of it to rob people and make a 5 minute getaway.

http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/FSAC/UCR...2007annual.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2008, 05:33 AM

149 posts, read 562,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big mean bear View Post
Really, when's the last time you've seen a car load of thugs roll through Aventura??? They don't go there out of FEAR!!! HAHAHA Aventura cops are nazis, even white people are scared of them!!!!

Property crime in Aventura is twice the national average. Who's breaking into peoples cars and apartments? The Canadian snowbirds?

I'm not saying its as a high crime area. Its by FARRR the safest place to live in North Dade. But you have to be alert no matter where you live. Thugs have cars you know.

Old 09-18-2008, 01:21 PM

572 posts, read 1,870,719 times
I also wanted to ask about this area that I believe is part of North Miami Beach. It is east of I-95, west of NE 6th avenue, and north of Golden Glades. North Miami Beach BLVD runs right through the area. Is that area North Miami Beach or Golden Glades?

Old 09-18-2008, 09:39 PM

2,517 posts, read 11,050,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdiggs1 View Post
i also wanted to ask about this area that i believe is part of north miami beach. It is east of i-95, west of ne 6th avenue, and north of golden glades. North miami beach blvd runs right through the area. Is that area north miami beach or golden glades?
nmb

Old 09-19-2008, 09:53 AM

How is the area?

Old 09-19-2008, 10:04 PM

639 posts, read 1,142,636 times
Crime in Pembroke Pines is UP, Crime in Miramar is UP, Crime in North Miami Beach is UP, Crime in North Miami is UP...Crime in Miami Gardens is DOWN!!!! That being said there is a lot of violent crime in Miami Gardens but for the most part the city residents are hard working decent people just trying to make ends meet the way the rest of the country is. The problem is a very small percentage of the population (below the age of 25 for the most part) that run around out there with AK-47s holding everyone hostage. If not for the misguided youth then Miami Gardens would be like any other lower middle class/middle class city in the country. That being said, If I had young children I would not live there because the schools, although they are trying hard to improve, are not doing a good enough job educating the youth that live in the city.

Old 09-19-2008, 10:13 PM

563 posts, read 2,773,625 times
The only place in Miami Gardens that I'd live in is Andover. I just wish they'd rezone the schools--instead of having those kids go to Norland, zone them for Krop. Rolling Oaks is nice too, however it's surrounded by some suspect areas.

I'm interested in seeing how the new middle school in their neighborhood (Andover Middle School) fares. It's been a long time coming--growing up we'd see the sign on that lot stating it was MDCPS property...and we'd wonder if the district would do anything with it.

I will give the city of Miami Gardens some credit: they cleaned it up a lot since becoming a city. Seems as if they really are trying to make it more visually pleasing by sprucing up the medians, and more business has come to the area (the new Walmart, Starbucks, et. al) I also appreciate the fact that the mayor flat out said they don't need any more low income folks in their city--they have more than their fair share.

Old 09-20-2008, 09:29 AM

124 posts, read 698,413 times
^^^they will never zone andover to Dr. Krop, carol city and norland hs have been that citys zone for as long as i can remember, the entire norwood area is crime heavy but as far as andover and rollin oaks they are decent.

stay off 183rd altogether unless its far west

Old 09-20-2008, 09:58 AM

1,770 posts, read 8,247,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtAJC View Post
Crime in Pembroke Pines is UP, Crime in Miramar is UP, Crime in North Miami Beach is UP, Crime in North Miami is UP...Crime in Miami Gardens is DOWN!!!! That being said there is a lot of violent crime in Miami Gardens but for the most part the city residents are hard working decent people just trying to make ends meet the way the rest of the country is. The problem is a very small percentage of the population (below the age of 25 for the most part) that run around out there with AK-47s holding everyone hostage. If not for the misguided youth then Miami Gardens would be like any other lower middle class/middle class city in the country. That being said, If I had young children I would not live there because the schools, although they are trying hard to improve, are not doing a good enough job educating the youth that live in the city.
Education is a two way street... although I have my own quarrels with the public school system, even if it's a top-quality private school if it was filled with kids that are not willing to participate then nothing will get done. I know that at Palm Beach Lakes High School we had classes were kids did nothing but run around the class all day, and the teacher would often tell us to "do what we want" the whole class because of the lack of control.

And as for crime, even if Miami Gardens crime is down (which I haven't heard) then it's still more dangerous than those other listed areas... especially Pembroke Pines.

Old 09-20-2008, 12:54 PM

Can anyone comment on North Miami Beach?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami