Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2008, 04:09 PM

1,344 posts, read 3,608,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
So I reiterate. You are not needed. We are the only loud, rude and obnoxious people around anyway so anywhere else you go should taste like glory to you.
There really is no point in being unhappy. Life is too short and you deserve, as we cubans deserve, your tendencies to go elsewhere.

Happy New Year btw. I hope you don't run into any loud, cuban parties.
He must avoid South Beach at all costs.

Cubans by no means have a monopoly on the rude market in Miami. Many other Hispanics are rude in that manner. Venezuelans and Brazilians acted as if they owned the town even though all they had were resident visas and rented sports cars. Most blacks stick to their part of town and the whites are too few to notice if they are loud. They have nothing to be loud about, their culture is too far away for them to want to celebrate anything.

To be fair, I have noticed some snobbery from some of the New York "Guido" crowd on South Beach and in the Aventura/Sunny Isles area. This is more of an "I have money and I'm on vacation" rudeness than the "blast raggeton and speak Spanish loudly" rudeness experienced by Miami's largest full time demographic.

Last edited by cuba libre; 12-30-2008 at 04:39 PM.. Reason: addition

Old 12-30-2008, 04:27 PM

2,560 posts, read 8,549,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuba libre View Post
Be careful or the PC platoon will pounce on you.
Sorry to be dumb...but what is PC platoon?

Old 12-30-2008, 04:30 PM

1,344 posts, read 3,608,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the 7 oh 4 View Post
Sorry to be dumb...but what is PC platoon?
The political correctness platoon. I can already see one here.

Old 01-02-2009, 07:44 AM

2 posts, read 4,805 times
Default Moving to MIAMI

Hello, I just read your message about Miami, FL and you seem to know a lot about the area. I am making the biggest decision of my life and moving to Miami for a great job opportunity, but I am really worried about the crime rate and picking a safe neighborhood to live. I just recently graduated from college and I am from a small town in North Carolina so you can understand why I am nervous. I haven’t heard anything nice about Miami and my parents are acting like I am going to Iraq and teaching me how to shoot a gun for my safety. I am optimistic that there has to be good people down there, but if you could direct me to some nice neighborhood I would greatly appreciate it.

Old 01-02-2009, 09:51 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,154,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvf0426 View Post
Hello, I just read your message about Miami, FL and you seem to know a lot about the area. I am making the biggest decision of my life and moving to Miami for a great job opportunity, but I am really worried about the crime rate and picking a safe neighborhood to live. I just recently graduated from college and I am from a small town in North Carolina so you can understand why I am nervous. I haven’t heard anything nice about Miami and my parents are acting like I am going to Iraq and teaching me how to shoot a gun for my safety. I am optimistic that there has to be good people down there, but if you could direct me to some nice neighborhood I would greatly appreciate it.
If you are coming with a job in hand and it is a "great" job, meaning very good salary, you will be just fine. If you are single or have a significant other or have kids, you would like to live in different areas depending on the circumstances........More details, better advice. Good luck.

Miami is a terrific place to live and don't let anybody scare you.

Old 01-03-2009, 11:54 PM

35 posts, read 89,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smith View Post
Naw, Liberty city, Opa locka, lil haiti, and other northern Dade neighborhoods.
LMFAO! WOW! People like you scare yourself to death! Why not actually try different places, like i lived in miami springs for 10 years and never been robbed!

Old 01-03-2009, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
If you are coming with a job in hand and it is a "great" job, meaning very good salary, you will be just fine. If you are single or have a significant other or have kids, you would like to live in different areas depending on the circumstances........More details, better advice. Good luck.

Miami is a terrific place to live and don't let anybody scare you.
Yeah listen to her! (=

Old 01-04-2009, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvf0426 View Post
Im glad i caught you! (= Ok dont listen to all these other meanies telling you the whole county is a piece of crap! I think a great place for you would be Miami Springs! Like i seriously dont know why nobody has said anything about it! Its small town, has friendly people, safe place, low crime, close to highways and best of all, Im from there! lol but really its great! I think you should give it a try! ((=

Old 01-04-2009, 12:06 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,915,835 times
If you are friendly person, and capable of being happy, you'll love Miami and its people!

Old 01-04-2009, 12:12 AM

The 5 worse are overtown, opa-locka, liberty city, little hati, and little havana.
I say little havana because its a lot worse than people think. Most people only think of the black neighborhoods as bad but little havana is jst as bad, and even worse than some of them!

Im not sure about the best but miami springs is one of them! i dont know why people dont give it any credit! But its really great there! (= the only bad part really is the cops because no crime happens there so they will try to get you for ANYTHING they can! lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami