Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 01:55 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,400,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiE View Post
Its not the dog my friend, its the owner. Hang around a well natured American Pitbull Terrier and let me know what you think.
No always true. I have owned a pit, and at about 2 years of age the pit turned and could never be around other dogs. He's a great dog other than he could never be with other animals. Why have a dog that you can't walk or take to the park? Its breed into them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2009, 02:03 PM

28 posts, read 97,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
No always true. I have owned a pit, and at about 2 years of age the pit turned and could never be around other dogs. He's a great dog other than he could never be with other animals. Why have a dog that you can't walk or take to the park? Its breed into them.
Yep you are right. I also recommend reading some literature and actually being a RESPONSIBLE pet owner. Raise your animal right or dont get one in the first place and they WONT turn on ANYONE.

Old 02-11-2009, 02:07 PM

2,312 posts, read 7,507,892 times
Why on earth would anyone want a pitbull when there are so many other acceptable breeds around? It must be some kind of underdog complex....

Old 02-11-2009, 02:12 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,408,191 times
Quote:
Its not the dog my friend, its the owner. Hang around a well natured American Pitbull Terrier and let me know what you think.

I heard that one before . Until they become pittbull lunch. I just want you to explain how people who had the intentions to keep them as a house/family pet become victims as well. Many had no intentions of harming these dogs that later on turned on them or their kids. We cant always blame the owners.

Old 02-11-2009, 02:15 PM

2,763 posts, read 6,748,904 times
Mister - more times than not it is the owners fault - I had 4 only one actually turned the othere 3 were a lot nicer than the freakin hairy rat I have now - I love her, but she is a little witch!

Old 02-11-2009, 02:16 PM

28 posts, read 97,386 times
Of course you have heard it before. You have heard the stories of mishandled APT's. Nothing secret.

Old 02-11-2009, 02:38 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,408,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsa1075 View Post
Mister - more times than not it is the owners fault - I had 4 only one actually turned the othere 3 were a lot nicer than the freakin hairy rat I have now - I love her, but she is a little witch!
The hairy rat may have a Napoleon complex..... I'll take that anyday, lol.

Old 02-11-2009, 04:05 PM

2,763 posts, read 6,748,904 times
I call her a pit bull cuz she thinks she's a big bad mean girl - LOL

Old 02-11-2009, 04:25 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,400,487 times
Quote:
Yep you are right. I also recommend reading some literature and actually being a RESPONSIBLE pet owner. Raise your animal right or dont get one in the first place and they WONT turn on ANYONE.
Since you don't know me, FYI, I am a VERY RESPONSIBLE pet owner. And yes these dog can turn on even a RESPONSIBLE owner sadly, its breed into them. You can say what you want.

Old 02-11-2009, 04:46 PM

640 posts, read 1,818,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsa1075 View Post
So, 60% of the time it's the owner's fault? If 40% of them will randomly turn on their owners or attack other people or animals, there's a big problem.

There is also the problem that if they do decide to attack, they will do a lot more damage than the average dog. Once a pit bull clamps down, he's like an alligator.

At what point is it worth having a pit bull, if there's some chance that he'll randomly attack your child? What statistic, versus a cockapoodle, would make it worth the risk? And what makes pit bulls so attractive, compared to other dogs? Their main distinguishing feature, other than their powerful jaws, is their reputation for killing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami