Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 01:04 PM

2,764 posts, read 6,765,136 times

Advertisements

we could debate this forever - my theories are not anectdotal - I read up on this before I got my last dog - (remember I had the one that turned on me). I didn't want to go into owning another one blind the way I had with the first one. I will not argue the data about what they have done or are capable of, but please don't argue the data that proves that they are also good pets. Let's you and I agree to disagree on this matter. I feel like you are trying to go to war with me about this.

Last edited by sunrico90; 02-17-2009 at 06:07 PM.. Reason: Mod Deleted
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2010, 01:30 AM

2 posts, read 4,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
There is no license to own one in Miami-Dade county, they are illegal in Miami-Dade County. But they are around... The cops usually will not bother you about them, as they have more important things to deal with. But if a neighbor snitches on you and calls the cops, then the cops will bother you, you will be fined and told to get the dog out of the county, and worse the dog could be put to sleep.

As far as finding a landlord that will allow a pit, I think you will have a harder time finding a place with a pit vs a dog like a golden retriever. So keep that in mind when deciding wether to get a pit.

Just a side note, this breed is a very powerful breed (its not for a first time dog owner), and some pits even with the most loving of owners and best treatment, can still have the fighting mentality already in their bloodline, which there is nothing anyone can do to help (other than isolation from other dogs, then why have a dog if the dog can't play with other dogs). The mixed pits seem to have a better temper than some of pure breed pits. I have to say that when I used to go to the dog park on a regular basis, the regulars we all cringed (some picked up their dogs and left the park) when a pit bull owner brought their pit to the park.

Pitbulls show no aggression to their owners what so ever. They are good family dogs and easy to train.

Old 07-16-2010, 01:32 AM

2 posts, read 4,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCkid View Post
That's not just a Cuban thing. Michael Vick took a "L" gambling on fighting pit bulls.
I know right..LOL Cubans aint the only ones.

Old 07-16-2010, 12:38 PM

420 posts, read 1,042,151 times
Default It is true from Cleveland Ohio

I got my first pit mix , ( 7 month Old ) (Now 7 years old) because familiy could not longer have her ,Landlords saying no way , I was like great Now what do I do ,She was a hand full at first ,but the love from her was like no dog I ever had , My little Niece *( Now almost 18 years old ) just cant say no to talking in strays , But the next one she got was almost all pit things accured where once again ,could no longer be cared for , my exwife and son took her in That dog is the best dog , and funnest dog to play with. but props to my neice training her from the get go , then once again
a male pit /wolf mix I have taking care of for the past year What a joy all these dogs have been for me Cleveland does have a restriction on "Aggresive breed ," better have Insurance and a mussel if u walk them
other than that it's excepted
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlegefreak View Post
Pitbulls show no aggression to their owners what so ever. They are good family dogs and easy to train.

Last edited by citydudeallover; 07-16-2010 at 12:47 PM.. Reason: add time

Old 07-16-2010, 12:59 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,457,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlegefreak View Post
They are great towards their owners I totally agree. Problems can arise when the dog is not familiar with someone else or other animals usually for that matter. Some pits are great and some you just never know when it will turn. I have watched a pit, who hasn't been around children, bark at a little girl through a glass door. I would never leave that dog alone with a child. And I have witnessed how a pit that does not like other animals can attack. This a powerful breed that needs to be respected and controlled by their owners at all times.

Old 07-16-2010, 07:33 PM

119 posts, read 249,180 times
Pitbulls were bred to be vicious and aggressive to other people and dogs besides their owner. As such, even when properly trained and raised, are still a menace to other people and pets. Hence why they are banned in Miami-Dade county. The major problems arise however, when the owner does not have control and dominance over the pitbull, this is the case with many of them.

Old 04-22-2018, 02:26 PM

2 posts, read 1,399 times
I would like to move to Miami, but I have a pittie and a pittie mix. Would making them emotional support dogs help? Is there a county near by to drive to work that accepts my babies? I am coming from Columbus Ga.
What are the gun laws?

Old 04-30-2018, 05:50 PM

29 posts, read 19,768 times
Everyone in Dade has a pitbull they just call them mixed breeds.

Old 04-30-2018, 05:53 PM

29 posts, read 19,768 times
You wont be able to live in a condo but you can live in a house with a pit. I have about 6 or 7 pitbulls in my neighborhood. North bay villiage.

Old 05-09-2018, 01:47 PM

1,790 posts, read 1,413,482 times
miagal, someone hopefully can ~snitch~ on those owners and or have them move to Broward and OBEY the Law of the County where live and possibly make their living.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami