Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 01:44 AM

15 posts, read 130,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutal Force View Post
Borer collie/pitt?? OMG! That is one beautifull animal! Thanks btw.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2008, 07:11 AM

5,528 posts, read 7,492,310 times
You're welcome.
I usually not a fan of Pit Bull's but that dog really got my attention, .
Rotties .

Old 09-29-2008, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrico90 View Post
IMHO, the owners role is the one that has damaged the image of the pit bull and other large dogs by their lack of responsibility.
And they should be the one's to pay the price, not the dogs!

Old 09-29-2008, 03:19 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,247,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxie_baby View Post
And they should be the one's to pay the price, not the dogs!
The people that get attacked by Pit Bulls due to neglectful owners ultimately pay the price.

Old 09-29-2008, 03:32 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,562,354 times
the ban was instated in 1989 when a pit bull got loose and mauled a young child and nearly chewed off his scalp. It was a pretty gruesome attack and they have been banned from Miami dade County since then. There is a $500 fine,removal of the dog from Dade County or they are pit to sleep. Personally I think they are ugly & aggressive dogs but to each his own.

Old 09-29-2008, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
the ban was instated in 1989 when a pit bull got loose and mauled a young child and nearly chewed off his scalp. It was a pretty gruesome attack and they have been banned from Miami dade County since then. There is a $500 fine,removal of the dog from Dade County or they are pit to sleep. Personally I think they are ugly & aggressive dogs but to each his own.
You are right "to each his own" but, I dont understand how you can come down to say that they are ugly? There are people that cut their ears, tail and make them look very scary or whatnot but, UGLY? Naa, you are incorrect, And frankly, thats a bold comment to say about something that you are not too familiar with. Yeah, ugly!

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh86/f20milo/zzzzzpitbull.jpg (broken link)

Yeah, really ugly...

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh86/f20milo/zzzzzzbabypitbull.jpg (broken link)

Old 09-29-2008, 05:13 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,247,966 times
Beauty is subjective, so no one is incorrect (or correct) in this case.

Old 09-29-2008, 05:16 PM

149 posts, read 562,485 times
Well I'm still not convinced that there should be a ban on pit bulls. When I lived in DC, I had 4 of them and none of them caused harm to anyone because they were well taken care of.

But......

I live in Broward County so this law doesn't apply to me...lol....Point for DCKid

DCKid: 1
Society: 0

Old 09-29-2008, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBCboy View Post
Beauty is subjective, so no one is incorrect (or correct) in this case.
True. I still find hes/her comment to be a meaningless comment considering he probably hasnt bean more than 10 feet close to one. People just see the vid's of them bean aggressive and automatically judge every dog of that type.
Did you know that chihuahua are more aggressive than pitt's? Society is just lucky that they are no bigger than a rat cause, they'd be banned from all florida.

Old 09-30-2008, 06:59 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,455,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxie_baby View Post
True. I still find hes/her comment to be a meaningless comment considering he probably hasnt bean more than 10 feet close to one. People just see the vid's of them bean aggressive and automatically judge every dog of that type.
Did you know that chihuahua are more aggressive than pitt's? Society is just lucky that they are no bigger than a rat cause, they'd be banned from all florida.
Chihuahuas may be more aggressive towards people stats wise, but pits are most likely more aggressive towards other animals. Also the bit of a pit vs the bit of Chihuahua is very different. Have you ever seen a pit attack another animal, I have and its not pretty and they don't just let go. I have watched a pit chew through a double wood fence in less than 20 minutes to get to an ill cat on the other side, the cat didn't survive to say the least. I have experience with owning a pit and would never own one ever again. Its a crap shoot when you get a Pitt, you could get one with the best temper, or you could get one with the worst temperment that can't be around other animals or children. The sad thing is we as humans made these dogs like this years ago, this is in their temperment now. So you could be the best owner out there and still get a Pitt that will a aggressive. Its really sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami