Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 05:31 PM

221 posts, read 452,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina1686 View Post
LOL your nick name says it all!!! What Cuban doesn't like MiaME? I've met only one and it was in Orlando.

Too bad for you, youth fades away as quickly as you can imagine... what are you going to do when you get old? A 60 year old DJ doesn't look great at all Do you have at least a retirement account?

That's another problem in Miami. Many people think they'll be young forever and spend lots of money money in useless BMW's, boats, brand name clothing, eating out every day because they're too lazy to cook and spend their weekly check partyin' . And many others prefer to live in a rat infested efficiency, but drive a Cadillac Escalade 2011, wear True Religion jeans and a Movado watch and party every day... stupid, mediocre and superficial mentality Go to Hialeah, you'll see tiny houses with 6 cars parked outside and most are very expensive cars and a boat bigger than the house LOL
LMAO. Too true and exact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2011, 10:42 AM

5,528 posts, read 7,490,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina1686 View Post
LOL your nick name says it all!!! What Cuban doesn't like MiaME? I've met only one and it was in Orlando.

Too bad for you, youth fades away as quickly as you can imagine... what are you going to do when you get old? A 60 year old DJ doesn't look great at all Do you have at least a retirement account?

That's another problem in Miami. Many people think they'll be young forever and spend lots of money money in useless BMW's, boats, brand name clothing, eating out every day because they're too lazy to cook and spend their weekly check partyin' . And many others prefer to live in a rat infested efficiency, but drive a Cadillac Escalade 2011, wear True Religion jeans and a Movado watch and party every day... stupid, mediocre and superficial mentality Go to Hialeah, you'll see tiny houses with 6 cars parked outside and most are very expensive cars and a boat bigger than the house LOL
That's why many of them end up broke and in the streets, no common sense and no knowledge in how to control their money.

MIAMI FOR THE WIN!

Old 01-01-2011, 10:45 AM

so much for owning BMW's and being a DJ...

https://www.city-data.com/forum/unemp...l#post15539108

Old 01-01-2011, 10:56 AM

4,968 posts, read 10,191,580 times
what's a retro pay?

Old 01-01-2011, 12:43 PM

Retro pay is when they pay you for past hours you already worked before now.

Old 01-01-2011, 11:58 PM

4 posts, read 7,487 times
Cubanado loves this city, together with the hookworm outbreak caused by dog owners not cleaning poop of their dogs when they defacate on the public land.
It is impossible to stroll the oceanwalk without stepping onto dog poop (with varying degree of freshness).

Old 01-02-2011, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by byBus View Post
Cubanado loves this city, together with the hookworm outbreak caused by dog owners not cleaning poop of their dogs when they defacate on the public land.
It is impossible to stroll the oceanwalk without stepping onto dog poop (with varying degree of freshness).
WELCOME TO 'BEAUTIFUL' MIAMI!

Old 01-02-2011, 01:19 AM

535 posts, read 1,410,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bybus View Post
cubanado loves this city, together with the hookworm outbreak caused by dog owners not cleaning poop of their dogs when they defacate on the public land.
lmao!!

Old 01-04-2011, 08:45 AM

1,947 posts, read 3,320,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptoid Humidian View Post
Ahh, so what! It's all good fun mate! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Miami too! I not only love it, I Looooooooove it. Yeah I Lurrrrrvveee Miameeeeee!

Ok, that's enough corniness from me. I don't want people jumping off of this forum like it's the Titanic!

I have no problem with the Latin/Caribbean culture in Miami. In fact it's one of my main draws. I love the spanish music stations like El Zol, Mix 98.3 and La Mega 94.9. It's cool to hear stations in Creole and hear the hardcore dancehall reggae that you'd NEVER hear in California!

I love the humid tropical climate there, and that humidity is actually something I cannot stand to be without!

Traffic-wise, San Diego is far worse IMO. We get our stupid people here too. I see examples of absolutely paralysing stupidity and rudeness here every day! In fact as far as mentality goes I found Miami to be a refreshing change.

Miami has clean restrooms - generally speaking. This is a big thing for me.

At the risk of being crass, I feel that one of the most reliable indicators of a metropolitan area's mentality is the way they treat the public restrooms. In San Diego you are a fool if you don't carry some sort of disinfectant with you to pre-clean before using the facility.

On a daily basis, in fact on a several times-a-day basis I find that people have smeared their excrement on the seat, or the walls. The bathrooms out here in San Diego are generally foul or vandalized in some way as to make the facility unusable by other people. As a person with a medical condition, I have to deal with this garbage quite a bit!

This apparently is not a problem endemic to the Miami/FTL area! In fact, the general cleanliness of the restrooms is one of the first things I noticed upon arriving to the Miami/FTL area! Even in some of the areas that are considered not so nice by the hoity-toities, people seemed to have a pride of ownership thing going.

Now some of you might say that this is just happenstance, and that a month of combined time is not enough to properly gauge the situation, but I would argue that if I have to encounter this assault of filth on a multi-daily basis in San Diego without so much as a break (unless I stay at home), and then suddenly I arrive in Miami and DO NOT see such filth for the ENTIRE time that I'm there ----Well!! You cant chalk that up to mere coincidence!!!
That's hysterical!!! I've been working in NYC the past two years and before that worked in NJ. People who live and work in NYC use to tell me all the time, how cool NY is and how it is such a great city. Then when I started to work in NYC, I had to use the public restroom at one of the train stations and thought...this is cool and trend setting??? EW!

Old 04-10-2015, 01:17 PM

2 posts, read 2,341 times
I can't really speak of experience..but I have visited Orlando and some of their opinions stuck with me. It just seems that Miami is more expensive, more elite, and very judgemental to outsiders..do you have to be super rich to live there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami